Author Topic: Sheriffs Model Birds Head  (Read 3295 times)

Offline Big Bear Lowe

• Rocky Branch Regulators, SASS #4474 (BM Patron /Life), NRA Life, GOA Life, NMLRA Life, Colt Collectors Assn., NCOWS Life, Tennessee Squires Association, Master Mason, Dirty Rat #639, Rocky Branch Long Rifles
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Active citizen
  • SASS #: #4474
  • NCOWS #: L-202
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
Sheriffs Model Birds Head
« on: February 19, 2012, 05:29:49 PM »
Hello all,

I've had Jim at Nutmeg Sports put a birds head grip and 1 piece ivory on my Sheriffs Model.  I have always loved the BH configuration and have been somewhat hypocritical because my carry gun is a short barrelled Ruger BH.  Colt people (as I regard myself) should "walk the walk" and carry Sam when they carry. Now I will carry this little .44 on my trips through the badlands.  And for all of you that think I may be underarmed there is a 1911 lurkin' nearby most of the time.  Here are the pics Jim sent me.  You can see this gun and many more works of art on his website (Nutmeg Sports).  He says I will have 'er in my hands this Wednesday and I am eagerly awaiting the pleasure.  Incidentally, He had my gun less than 2 weeks before it was done and returned.

Enjoy
BigBear
A Jug-Band Man Livin' in a Hip Hop World

Offline Charlie Bison

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sheriffs Model Birds Head
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 10:40:08 AM »
If you dont mind me asking, how much was it for the birdshead conversion minus the grips?

Offline Danny Bear Claw

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 11:43:12 AM »
Hey Big Bear...  is that 44-40  or 44 special?  And yeah....  what did it cost, with the grips and without?   8)
SASS #5273 Life.   NRA Life member.  RATS # 136.   "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us".

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:20:10 AM »

Offline Sam Cobra

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 11:44:56 AM »
Wow really nice!  :)

Offline Big Bear Lowe

• Rocky Branch Regulators, SASS #4474 (BM Patron /Life), NRA Life, GOA Life, NMLRA Life, Colt Collectors Assn., NCOWS Life, Tennessee Squires Association, Master Mason, Dirty Rat #639, Rocky Branch Long Rifles
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Active citizen
  • SASS #: #4474
  • NCOWS #: L-202
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 02:28:02 PM »
That particular Sheriffs Model is .44-40  with an extra .44 Special cylinder.  Can't really break down the cost of the frame without the ivory. Jim didn't quote it to me that way. I had some other work done on the gun as well (action work, forcing cone etc.).  Brought the bill to around 1400.00.  Not cheap but I reckon quality work don't come cheap.  Give Jim a hollar and he'll get right back at you with a firm quote on what you need done.  He is a great guy to deal with and he has the credentials to back up his work.  I've a consecutive pair of 4 3/4" SAAs that I plan to let Jim do the same as that Sheriffs Model when I can round up the not inconsiderable scratch necessary.  One of these days I'm gonna have to get some engraving done by Nutmeg but I am hesitant about mortgaging the ancestral homelands to do so.

Hey Charlie, what ever became of that blue Henry .45 you had for sale a few months back?  I shot you a line about it but you seemed to have wandered off the grid for a while. I made some other deal but you had me hot for that gun for a week or so.  Hope all is alright with you.

BigBear
A Jug-Band Man Livin' in a Hip Hop World

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com