Author Topic: 44M Uberti Buntline/carbine sight mod  (Read 2667 times)

Offline Sloehand

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
44M Uberti Buntline/carbine sight mod
« on: February 18, 2012, 03:07:11 PM »
New here, Took a while to look at 26 pages of posts, if I missed the answer to my question I hope you'll have patience with me:

I have one of those Cattleman Buntline/carbine outfits in 44Mag. Want a woods hunting brush busting carbine. Shoots great BUT, it's shooting way low,(rear sight is at max elevation) need to replace front sight! To get an idea of how much to remove I painted a white spot on the blade. Even at the lower edge of my white spot it still shoots abit low. It looks like I'll need to remove a 1/4" or so. I don't tthink I'll like the look after this operation. :-\ I would like to change the whole front sight, base and all. Just changing the blade is not an easy option because the factory blade is in a length wise dove tail, instead of the usual across Orientation. :'(  Is the sight base soldered on or attached by screw? Has someone done this conversion, and what did you use? Looked at the Brownells catalog, think a rifle base and a post type blade...... Any comments or tips on solving this problem would appreciated......... Sloehand    Pics below

The case pictured is something I make, should I post it in the Leather Shop?

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1181
Re: 44M Uberti Buntline/carbine sight mod
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 03:40:58 PM »
Howdy Sloehand, I can't help with the front sight but have you tried using a heavier bullet?  Don't know what load you are using but if you are able to go to a heavier bullet that will often have a higher point of impact.  Cool gun.

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 04:05:57 AM »
Like Abilene said, try a heavier bullet.  Maybe the heaviest available.

I do admire the pouch you carry it in!  Did you make it?  Good Job!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:47:38 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com