Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 06:55:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  Gunsmithing  |  Topic: 44M Uberti Buntline/carbine sight mod 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 44M Uberti Buntline/carbine sight mod  (Read 967 times)
Sloehand
Citizen

« on: February 18, 2012, 04:07:11 pm »

New here, Took a while to look at 26 pages of posts, if I missed the answer to my question I hope you'll have patience with me:

I have one of those Cattleman Buntline/carbine outfits in 44Mag. Want a woods hunting brush busting carbine. Shoots great BUT, it's shooting way low,(rear sight is at max elevation) need to replace front sight! To get an idea of how much to remove I painted a white spot on the blade. Even at the lower edge of my white spot it still shoots abit low. It looks like I'll need to remove a 1/4" or so. I don't tthink I'll like the look after this operation. Undecided I would like to change the whole front sight, base and all. Just changing the blade is not an easy option because the factory blade is in a length wise dove tail, instead of the usual across Orientation. Cry  Is the sight base soldered on or attached by screw? Has someone done this conversion, and what did you use? Looked at the Brownells catalog, think a rifle base and a post type blade...... Any comments or tips on solving this problem would appreciated......... Sloehand    Pics below

The case pictured is something I make, should I post it in the Leather Shop?
Abilene
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 04:40:58 pm »

Howdy Sloehand, I can't help with the front sight but have you tried using a heavier bullet?  Don't know what load you are using but if you are able to go to a heavier bullet that will often have a higher point of impact.  Cool gun.

Steel Horse Bailey
Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 04:05:57 am »

Like Abilene said, try a heavier bullet.  Maybe the heaviest available.

I do admire the pouch you carry it in!  Did you make it?  Good Job!

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"        

SEE MY PHOTOS: http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/m1a1mstrgn/
NCOWS #1919 for Life, SASS Life #27463, NRA Life, Honourable Master of the Black Arts, GAF#98, SBSS, WARTHOG, STORM, American Legion Post # 495
*and a few other organizations*
F.&A.M. - Wayne Guthrie Lodge #753 *** Hiram's Rangers #105
(former) US Army M1 & M1A1 Tank Master Gunner
AKA - Jeff Bailey  A Three-Percenter & Sheepdog

Take me out to the black, tell 'em I aint comin' back. Burn the land; boil the sea: you can't take the sky from me. Have no place I must be; since I found Serenity:  you can't take the sky from me.
by Joss Whedon 2002 - Firefly
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  Gunsmithing  |  Topic: 44M Uberti Buntline/carbine sight mod « previous next »
Jump to: