Author Topic: 1860 Replica by H.R.A.? Any truth to this?  (Read 44191 times)

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 1860 Replica by H.R.A.? Any truth to this?
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2012, 06:17:03 PM »
Careful now, I just bought a 45-75 and I understand that brass is not even made in this caliber at the moment!   My understanding that Uberti actually made the first run of Henry rifles in the original 44 rimfire.  No telling what folks will get a wild hair to try.

Offline KWK

• Top Active Citizen
    • KWK
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 08:43:16 PM »
they should make the 1860 henry in 44 russian. its as close to the 44 henry rim fire as we could ever hope.

Hmmm, I thought the .45 Auto Rim was closest.

I imagine if it's made, it will be in .45 Colt and .44 WCF, but that begs the question: why bother? Uberti does a pretty good job. Will they try to undercut the price?
Karl

Offline kurt250

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 01:00:06 AM »
i don't know why! 44 russian i think is one of the best cartridges for cowboy action shooting. its not hard to find , is a very good round for target shooting, you can shoot it in 44 colt, 44 spl pistols and its so close to the original 44 rim fire round. i have a 44 spl henry i had modified to shoot 44 russian. has the same amount of rounds as the original henry,and shoots great. just would like to get a rifle chambered for the 44 russian so there would be less blow back and less fowling in the action.i even tried to get uberti to sell me a 44/40 barrel with out a chamber so i could have my gun smith chamber it for 44 russian. no dise for uberti. but to have a 44 russian chambered henry with the correct head space and correct cartridge fallower would be really something. kurt250

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 06:53:34 AM »

Offline KWK

• Top Active Citizen
    • KWK
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 01:28:50 PM »
i don't know why!

The .45 Auto Rim is closer in bullet diameter and case length to the .44 Henry; for cartridge length, it's a toss.

44 russian i think is one of the best cartridges for cowboy action shooting. its not hard to find...

True; while brass isn't yet a problem for the .45, the selection of suitable bullets is better for the Russian, and loaded rounds are available. Why, I'd be quite happy to have a Henry in .44 Russian! (But I still say the .45 is physically the closer match.)

Karl

Offline Sean Thornton

• Top Active Citizen
  • Bentonville, NC 2010
    • The Henry Repeating Rifle
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 02:49:51 PM »
latest information is that these Henry rifles will not be out until some time early next year.  This does sound typical. It may or may not materialize.
"Victory thru rapid fire"
National Henry Rifle Company"
SASS 5042 LTGR

Offline Arizona Trooper

• Top Active Citizen
    • Civil War Guns
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2013, 08:17:10 PM »
I was on an N-SSA team with Val Forget when he introduced the Henry repros from Navy Arms. I asked him about the 44-40 chambering. My hope was for a 44 Special or 44 Russian. His answer was that they had to choose a commonly available cartridge that was NEVER loaded commercially to high pressures or with round nose bullets. That narrowed it down to 44-40 (although there are some old Win 92 loads lurking out there). That meant that they had to stretch the frame a bit, but this has the added advantage of making it harder to convert a new Henry into an original Henry. Still, my vote is for 44 Russian.

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 07:15:24 AM »
Yesterday out of curiosity I sent HRAC an email about this. I received a reply from the owner stating that they are coming out with an original design Henry in .44-40 this spring.

Last year our local gun store had an unfired Uberti Henry in .44-40 on consignment. Someone won in a raffle and just wanted to get rid of it. It sold for $650. I was on vacation at the time and missed it.

I would like to buy a Henry someday and it would be great if it were made in the USA.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline buckskin billy

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
    • the buck rub
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 09:25:02 AM »
i got a old one from navy arms that i have toted for years now. its like a fine wine it gets sweeter with age, if h.r.a was to make a american made one i would snatch one up in a hurry.
" I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
-Ted Nugent-

if it walks, crawls, slithers or leaves a track i can tan it

http://thebuckrub.proboards.com/index.cgi?

http://thebuffalorunners.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline Sean Thornton

• Top Active Citizen
  • Bentonville, NC 2010
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 03:29:02 PM »
I would hope that what they make is an American made Henry rifle 100%.  My fear is that they will do what Colt did a few years back and get parts from Uberti then finish and assemble the parts and stamp the Colt name on them and call it a Colt. I can almost see this happening, Henry parts from Uberti, finished and assembled here and called Americaqn made.
SASS 5042 LTGR

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 04:51:19 PM »
Sean... you do know the current Henry Repeating Arms Co. is the Company Lou Imperato founded
and is run by his son Anthony....
Lou Impertao was the man behind Colt's Blackpowder Series venture and totally behind the 3rd Gen. Colts Signature Series run.

I'm not saying this is the case, but with that history , would you think they would re-invent the wheel ?
Would you think ( 1st case scenario ) Import raw castings ( saving many Millions in CNC start up cost ) and US assemble.
That is my take anyway .... would buy one ? remains to be seen.

Their Motto is "Made In America and Priced Right"  A bit of stretch perhaps ,but still correct I suppose.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 09:17:36 PM »

I'm with Major 2.  The cost of tooling and then ramping up for production from scratch is ....... obscene.  Add to that, we are a little itty bitty market at near saturation.  Start up???  Really doubt it.  Buy parts from Uberti and play like USFA??  Sure.  Me, buy one??  No.  I'd prefer to buy from Uberti who already know how to assemble them. 
Besides, already got four and just want an Iron Frame to round things out ;D

Coffinmaker

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 12:41:23 AM »
There another thought ....

With the current United Nation agenda, which has to do with importation of Firearms,
Seem highly likely, Oversea manufactures might look to US manufacturers for domestic assembly and form alliances.

Seem far fetched ?  not at all... Beretta is all ready manufacturing in the USA.
And Beretta owns Uberti, seems a logical step to aline with Henry Repeating Arms.

I heard, several other Italian Gun manufactures are pooling efforts and setting up a USA assembly factory, perhaps
in Florida.

Like Coffinmaker said, "me buy one" ?   well, I too have several Henry's , a Military 45 Colt , Steel Frame 45 Colt
a 44/40 20"er Navy Arms I bought NIB in 1980, sold in 1988 and bought back in 2009.

I'm kinda intrested  :-\  if the price is right and the product is as well.

Offline Sean Thornton

• Top Active Citizen
  • Bentonville, NC 2010
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 09:27:16 AM »
When the caliber of .44-40 was mentioned to me in the emails sent from HRA I felt that they would probably be importing parts since the set up expenses for a truly American made Henry would be a major investment and probably not a major return on the investment. To say that it would be an American made Henry rifle would not be true if the parts were made elsewhere and then assemblied in the US.  However if the parts were made in the US by whatever company and then assembled by HRA the statement of an American made Henry rifle would be true. American jobs producing an American product is always a good thing.

I too would have liked to see a Henry rifle made in .44 Russian which would have been a closer cartridge to the original.  Also with the .44 Russian the magazine capacity would have been correct.  Then with an Uberti Henry already selling for over $1300 depending on importer the price of a HRA would probably be more than that. Would I buy on, well depending on the price and also depending on if it was a true American made Henry rifle. I already have one American made Henry rifle as well as my Uberti that I reenact with. I had always thought that before the company started "tracing" its roots to the New Have Arms Henry rifle of the Civil War that they should have at least made a modern reproduction of one.
SASS 5042 LTGR

Offline major

• Top Active Citizen
  • I shoot blanks out of my Spencer for reenacting!
    • 9th New York Cavalry
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2013, 10:03:45 AM »
I know that Uberti is owned by Benelli which also owns Stoger and Franchi.  I didn’t know that Beretta was in the same group.
Terry
Free Mason
9th NYVC www.9thnycavalry.webeditor.com
155th NYVI http://155thny.org
Alabama Gun Slingers
Shadows of the old west reenactors
SASS Life Member
SCOPE Life Member
NRA Life member
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a handsome, and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...."WOW!... What a ride!"

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2013, 12:13:19 PM »
I know that Uberti is owned by Benelli which also owns Stoger and Franchi.  I didn’t know that Beretta was in the same group.

The Beretta Holding Group, controlled by the Beretta family, owns firearm manufacturers Beretta, Benelli, Franchi, Uberti, Sako, and Stoeger, as well as their international distributors and subsidiaries, and the optics manufacturer Burris.

Offline tyrel cody

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2013, 07:05:28 PM »

Offline Sean Thornton

• Top Active Citizen
  • Bentonville, NC 2010
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2013, 09:40:53 AM »
I guess I will not be buying one at that price
SASS 5042 LTGR

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2013, 10:42:48 AM »
 :o MSRP: $2,300.00  :o

I suppose that may be full on MSRP but may be somewhat less Retail ..still over $2000+  :-\ = PASS

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2013, 01:16:02 PM »
A bit too rich for my blood...
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Long Knife Rich

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2013, 01:24:18 PM »
It would be an interesting rifle to have, but not at that price.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com