Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 28, 2014, 01:01:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Winchester Model 1873 (Moderator: Major 2)  |  Topic: Winchester's Sporting rear sight and Vintage Hunting Ammo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Winchester's Sporting rear sight and Vintage Hunting Ammo  (Read 580 times)
Rowdy Fulcher
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« on: October 23, 2012, 09:27:48 am »

Howdy
In the 1875 Winchester catalog I noticed the sporting rear sight graduated from 50 yards to 300 yards . If we are using basically the same ammo , then in theory or rifles should do the same ? Has anyone tried this ? So if we use the Vintage Hunting ammo which was designed to reproduce the same velocities as Winchester ammo from the 1870's . Will the Italian rifles do it ?
w44wcf
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 09:50:28 pm »

Rowdy,
I did a little research and found that type of sight was only on the very early '73's and was offered up until the late 1890's. After that a standard leaf type sight replaced it....the same type that is on the current '73's being manufactured.   

w44wcf   

aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
aka John Kort
aka w30wcf (smokeless)
NRA Life Member
.22 W.C.F., .30 W.C.F., .44 W.C.F., .45 Colt Cartridge Historian
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Winchester Model 1873 (Moderator: Major 2)  |  Topic: Winchester's Sporting rear sight and Vintage Hunting Ammo « previous next »
Jump to: