Author Topic: Just saying Howdy,  (Read 1901 times)

Offline wolflobo76

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Just scoutin around
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Just saying Howdy,
« on: February 13, 2012, 05:01:09 PM »
Caleb recently  let me know that I am being allowed to join this august body of Plainsmen. Just curious about the era that you are looking at here. I presently am totin around a Walker colt and a Hawkin .45 mountain rifle. I will be receiving a .54 Plains rifle [hunter barrel 1in 32 twist] along with a .54 plains pistol to go with it. I defintely plan on keep meat on the table. Plus I also have a double barrel percussion shotgun[original] but am not sure of the date of manufacture, [ it was made in England] This and my original 56/56 spencer carbine have  been in my family for generations and still shoot. I converted the Spencer to centerfire and have already put some mighty good venison on the table with it.  Looking for any suggestions and advice y'all may have.   Keep your powder dry and topknot safe.

Offline Chaparosa

• Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Just saying Howdy,
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 07:51:06 PM »
Howdy to ya!  :) Would love to see pictures of your shotgun and Spencer if you get a chance.

Offline wolflobo76

• Very Active Citizen
  • Just scoutin around
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 10:41:41 PM »
Thanks  Chaparosa.  I'll try to get some pics together and posted.  The shotgun has the name R HUGHES on both sides of the actio and London Fine Twist on the ramp between the barrels.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:38:11 AM »

Offline Caleb Hobbs

• Top Active Citizen
    • Western Author Michael Zimmer
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 11:19:23 PM »
Howdy, Wolflobo. Glad to see you here. You're good to go with the Walker and the Spencer for sure. I'm going to have a list of approved and disapproved firearms listed in a sticky at the top of the front page by the time you read this. As far as clothing, if you intend to get into that aspect of it, basically just remember that we're pushing for a higher degree of period correctness than you'll find at most rendezvous.

By the way, I'll second Chaparosa's suggestion to post some photos, especially of your Spencer. I shoot an Armi Sport in 56-50, and love it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com