Author Topic: Mitchell Arms SS SAA .45Colt?  (Read 11389 times)

Offline Maj.Bull S. Hitter

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Mitchell Arms SS SAA .45Colt?
« on: February 02, 2012, 02:30:52 PM »
Anyone know if these are any good ? I can pick-up one that is NIB for less than 4 bills.Guy said he never shot it.I can only find that it was made by Uberti ,probably sometime before 2008.

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Mitchell Arms SS SAA .45Colt?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 07:04:37 AM »
I have a matched  pair of them. I think they are Ubertis. They are well made but like a lot of my guns, they are unfired. I believe mine were purchased at least twenty years ago.

Offline Durango Flinthart

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Forty miles a day on beans and hay...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:04:45 AM »
I have a  blued Mitchell SAA .45 with a 5.5 inch barrel, Uberti markings. I bought new in 1983.
I used it in the early 80's to do gunfights on the streets of Pioneer, Az north of Phoenix,(this is really punishing on a firearm with drops and falls)  by the late 80's I was shooting CAS matches. I still shoot CAS matches with it,
 no telling how many rounds of 5in1 blanks, BP and smokeless rounds  have been sent down range. In almost thirty years of more abuse than revolver should be subjected to the only maintenance beside thorough cleanings,
 is to replaced the mainspring one time (it broke just above the screw hole).

Watch your topknot  
When the cambrian measures were forming they promised purpetual peace. They swore if we gave up our weapons the wars of the tribes, they would cease, but when we disarmed they enslaved us and delivered us bound to our foe and the Gods of the copybook headings said, "Stick to the devil you know." Kipling

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:47:28 PM »

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 10:20:57 AM »
Mitchell Arms was another importer.  They cost under $400.00 new.  The last pair I bought just before Mitchell went under were $359.00 each.  The current base model Ubertis start at just over $400.00.  The Mitchell's are good guns and "worth" as much as a current model from Cimarron or Taylor's.  However, people tend to devalue them because the importer is out of business.  I would offer $300.00.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 01:10:51 PM »
I believe Mitchell is again selling guns though under the name ...Mitchell Mausers

I think the reason Mitchell Arms closed back then , is Don Mitchell did some time in Federal custody on Tax charges.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 05:14:07 PM »
I believe Mitchell is again selling guns though under the name ...Mitchell Mausers

I think the reason Mitchell Arms closed back then , is Don Mitchell did some time in Federal custody on Tax charges.

Hope you don't have your Mitchells mixed up.

Offline Bugscuffle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 10:33:29 PM »

This is the current "Mitchels Mausers": http://www.mauser.org/
Not exactly CAS shooting material.
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 04:58:00 AM »
Hope you don't have your Mitchells mixed up.

I got it from a usually reliable source....   :-\   had no reason to doubt.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 07:26:06 PM »
I remember back in the day (late 1980s, early 1990s) I had an FFL and did gun shows.  Mitchell was importing a lot of Yugoslavian AKs.  Some had the prohibited extra "Y" stamp of a full auto on the receiver. BATFE seized them and recalled all of the ones that were sold already.  A friend (fellow dealer) had a visit from the "suits" getting his records of sales of Mitchell AK rifles.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com