Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 01:44:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper  (Read 36120 times)
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #575 on: February 28, 2012, 12:58:31 pm »

Mornin.  Cawfee is good, I stayed up late my ownself, didn't know I had ta get up early.

Had a breaker trip this mornin an went downstairs ta reset it.  Found out we got some innerestin wirin in here.  Splained ta Lil what things shouldn't be plugged in at the same time in which outlets.  She decided to test my theory an tripped it two more times.  Least I got ma mornin exercise in.

Got boneless thighs thawin, got time ta figger out what all ta do with em.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #576 on: February 28, 2012, 02:13:40 pm »

We had a  house that was a Mickey Mouse disaster, Leo. That place was a trip electrically Roll Eyes Shocked

Had to wash my horn out today, the fumes from that PB Blaster were pretty strong. Gave me a headache trying to play it yesterday. got a lot of it gone, but there's still some smell there. Even put it outside in the sun today to try and air it and the case out some Tongue

Hot dogs and mac&cheese tonight Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #577 on: February 28, 2012, 03:12:46 pm »

We got one half size 15 amp breaker runnin everything but the kitchen.  Bathroom is on the same circuit as the outlets and the lights in the rest of the place (a big no no).  One outlet in the bedroom is on a different line.  I used to lay out circuits and this panel is so far from code I don't know what ta think.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #578 on: February 28, 2012, 03:55:32 pm »

Oooo, sticky! Sounds like that one needs a redo to be safe Shocked That house we had still had some of the old ceramic holders and the single strand/wrapped wire in the attic. Built around 1920. Had hard woods for the framing, I burned up a bunch of drill bits trying to do things around there. Stuff was like stone Roll Eyes

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #579 on: February 28, 2012, 04:11:39 pm »

The old hotel I worked in still had that knob and tube stuff.  Menuvering around it in the attic was always fun specially in the tight spots. 

Thinkin chicken encaladas fer supper now.

Roland Deschain

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #580 on: February 28, 2012, 06:48:20 pm »

Nuthin' thawed out for supper so it's corn dogs an' fries Roll Eyes
Wind picked up 25- 35 mph were I'm at... more weather comin' in, yesterday's 6" 'bout gone

Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #581 on: February 28, 2012, 08:24:22 pm »

I had errands to run today and took Victoria for a ride.  We went by a BBQ place and got some chopped beef sammiches with some beans and potato salad. I took a nap after the errands and lunch. No clue for supper tonight.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #582 on: February 28, 2012, 10:37:20 pm »

Had a breaker trip this mornin an went downstairs ta reset it.  Found out we got some innerestin wirin in here.  Splained ta Lil what things shouldn't be plugged in at the same time in which outlets.  She decided to test my theory an tripped it two more times.  Least I got ma mornin exercise in.
Sounds like the wiring of the house on Green Acres.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/140846/green-acres-you-cant-plug-in-a-2-with-a-6#x-0,vepisode,1,0

I rewired the house 'cuz it had issues.  Roll Eyes

Got 1/2" of wet sn*w so far.

Sackett just came down and wanted to watch "Hoppy".  Grin

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #583 on: February 29, 2012, 12:30:30 am »

We ended up having some lasagna and a tossed salad for supper.  The rain is forcast again for tomorrow, it only sprinkled lightly this morning. It's still 70 outside. We got all kinds of trees budding out in our neighborhood. I am still not convinced that March will keep us in winter for awhile.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #584 on: February 29, 2012, 12:57:34 am »

One of the selling points of our house was the new plumbing and the new wiring. Grin

Went to eat at a place Rita tried with some friends a couple weeks ago, a bar about a mile west of us.  Pretty strict place, no one under 21 period, cash, no checks or cards. 

1/2 pound hamburgers, (yes 1/2 pound) 99 cents, 10 cents for a slice of Swiss Cheese.  1/2 pound of fries, 99 cents.  Rita had a pork kabob $1.99 all meat, no veggies, guessing about a 1/2 pound of meat.  You have to buy a drink, she had a Tome Collins, I had 2 Lipton Iced teas, Cost us $7.50, tea and mixed drink were the same price.  Nice big peeled shrimp, 29 cents each, we had 40.  Total cost was about $25 for us tonight and I'm am very stuffed and i was starving when I got home.

Also a new one, we had a 'nader watch tonight, they had one about 50 miles west of Pitspiter's, no damage, but first recorded one in the month of Feburary in the state, now we have completed all 12. Roll Eyes

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #585 on: February 29, 2012, 01:45:21 am »

Sounds like a good place Del.  We had lime curried chicken with corn on the cob and baked taters.

Slim, I would love ta rewire this place but it aint mine.  When I talk ta the owner bout stuff like that he turns the volume knob off in 'is head an jus' kinda stares at me.  I would try ta balance it at the panel but they covered over the J boxes instead of leaving them open with a plate over em (another no no). 

Roland Deschain

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #586 on: February 29, 2012, 07:39:29 am »

Leo, This one a DIY Construction Co. special? Or old enough to pre-date the regs.?

I'l put some coffee on.

It's raining real hard here at the moment, 36 degrees. Looking for 60(!) today, but could have some t-storms with it this afternoon Roll Eyes

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #587 on: February 29, 2012, 07:57:33 am »

Moanin’.

Overcast. 43° ‘n 82%. Showers likely, with thunderstorms also possible after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 65°. South wind between 5 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Kinda lookin’ OK. Won’t want the heat ner AC even if it is still February. Trouble is the weather o’er the next couple days is threatenin’ the shoot Saturday.

Oh well. Fer the OFSDAR ‘n CAS thingys it’s been kind ta us o’er the winter months. Only kilt one ah each. Reckon ya gotta take the bad with the fantastic.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #588 on: February 29, 2012, 08:27:05 am »

Mornin' y'all,
Thanks for the cawfee Buck. S**w showers all day got an inch so far wind driven at 30 mph from the SW. 27 right now and a high of 45.

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #589 on: February 29, 2012, 08:28:25 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

'Tis 34 and raining. So we now have slush.  Roll Eyes "Rain and sleet...with a chance for freezing rain this morning along with an isolated thunderstorm. Becoming a mix of light rain and snow in the afternoon. An inch or two additional snow accumulation. Some minor icing possible. Highs 36 to 41. East wind 10 to 20 mph becoming south at 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Gusts up to 30 mph."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
wildman1
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #590 on: February 29, 2012, 08:51:26 am »

Mornin Ya'll, thanks fer Coffee Buck, much preciated. WM

WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #591 on: February 29, 2012, 11:59:19 am »

Just made another run, got a 9 1/2 pound sirloin tip hunk for $2.68 a pound, gonna cut the whole thing later for cheeze steak meat.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #592 on: February 29, 2012, 01:24:06 pm »

Mornin all.

Dodged another bullet an just got some more light rain an wind.  40 out on deck.

Buck, this place aint that old so I figger it's a DIY.  The panel is labled with majic marker and mislabeled at that.  I think I got a good idea a who did it but he is long gone ta Texas.

Roland Deschain

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #593 on: February 29, 2012, 01:57:18 pm »

And, the rains came.

And, the rains were heavy.

And, with them came the thunder and the darkness.

And, with them came the oft asked question in Eagle chat, “What happens to them when it rains?”

And behold, the answer came, “They get wet.”

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #594 on: February 29, 2012, 02:07:51 pm »

Some DIY'ers know just enough to be dangerous, Leo Shocked

Spent part of this morning transposing some hymns for Easter this year. My composer friend also did a redo on a hymn and gave me a form of descant for it. He's always wrote interesting stuff for me. Plays piano, accordion, harp, organ, and teaches voice and other instruments. The wash out did that cornet some good fumes wise, so at least no headaches from playing it now. Only have to bring one horn each, now. To get different shades of tone, we just have to change mouthpieces. I learned that off of Trumpet Masters from a cornet guy down in Jaw-Ja. The type of cornet we picked up can be a real chaemeleon. Deep open backbored piece and it gets real mellow almost flugle like, put in a trumpet type cup and you get a more trumpet like sound. Amazing instruments that were considered student horns 50 years ago when they were made. Conn 17A's. Shocked Wink

We're under a tornado watch until 9 tonight...........Buck Roll Eyes Undecided

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #595 on: February 29, 2012, 02:17:29 pm »

And, the rains came.

And, the rains were heavy.

And, with them came the thunder and the darkness.

And, with them came the oft asked question in Eagle chat, “What happens to them when it rains?”

And behold, the answer came, “They get wet.”

Funny, in younger days I sold my only car ta buy a motorcycle.  Got asked many times what I would do when it rained.  Gave the folks the same answer.  

Buck, sounds like ya got the horns all figgered out.  If you is playin descants you must be able to hit all the high notes.  Used ta transpose them from organ music for Easter service, they is in a perty high range.  I'd be nice ta hear ya sometime.

Roland Deschain

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #596 on: February 29, 2012, 03:38:15 pm »

Snow showers tapered off for a while...now if we could just lose the 50 mph winds... Roll Eyes
Shepard's pie on for later

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #597 on: February 29, 2012, 06:47:09 pm »

We had another summer day today. It got up to 75 this afternoon. Victoria is enjoying the sunny weather. I had some chicken strips / w fries for lunch. We've got leftover lasagna for supper tonight with a salad. Moose hasn't gotten home from school yet.

Russ T Chambers
Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

Well preserved for my age!

« Reply #598 on: February 29, 2012, 06:59:33 pm »

Been alternating between sn*w showers and hazy sunshine.  Hovering just above freezing.
Beef stroganoff for supper tonight.

Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #599 on: February 29, 2012, 07:04:45 pm »

Weather petered out here.  Got nasty for a spell with a hail/sleet mix an tried ta snow for a few minutes.  Angel has been in my rack most of the day just lettin it go by.

Roland Deschain

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper « previous next »
Jump to: