Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 10:59:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper  (Read 36193 times)
Stu Kettle
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #400 on: February 20, 2012, 11:37:59 am »

32˚ snowin' & blowin' here.  The weather map on TV looked like the storm would probably miss us, but it don't look like it out the window.

Tried a new recipe of the Food channel last night - had chicken & waffles.  Always thought that sound like a weird combination, but went together pretty good.  Crusted the chicken breast with pecan flour - run some pecans & a little white flour in the food processor, then mix with some more white flour & some cajun blackening spice.  Pounded the chicken thin, dipped it in buttermilk then the pecan flour mix & fried it in lard.  Put a little homemade honey mustard on the chicken & a little syrup on the waffles.  Made for some tasty chicken - I'll do that again even if we don't have waffles with it,
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #401 on: February 20, 2012, 12:56:27 pm »

Pancakes and bacon for lunch, Rita and Lexie are both here under foot.  They were talkin' about waffles, had to tell lexie I don't make waffles only pancakes.  Told her pancakes don't need tread, she asked why and I asked her if she ever seen one stuck in the mud or snow. Grin  She accepts Grandpa's logic, besides I saved her butt from Grandma. 

She wanted Lexie to try a bite of pancake with strawberry preserves on it, told her she had to try everything, when the poor little gir'ls face was contorted terrible and Grandma had her backed into the corner of the breakfast nook, I cut a bite of mine with the blackberry syrup and offered it to Grandma.  Worked fine, Grandma had to put up or shut up. Grin  Just seemed like a double standard to me. Wink

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #402 on: February 20, 2012, 12:59:51 pm »

Mornin.  45 an had some over night rain.

Pop, Angel loves the towel treatment.  I think she gets wet just so she can get wiped down.

Never could figger the yardbird an waffel thing ma ownself, saw it on a movie when I was young an I thought it was joke.  Moved ta MO an them places was everywhere.

Casserole was good, made our own bisquick outta a can a bisket dough, buttermilk an a egg. Cooked up like it should.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #403 on: February 20, 2012, 01:09:52 pm »

I bought one of those Belguim Waffle maker like they have in the Motel breakfast areas. You open it up and pour in the batter, close the lid and flip it over for 3 minutes. It beeps when it is done. I fixed them yesterday and added some little smokies on the side. Del, That syrup sounds good, Ill have to check for a sugarless variety. I've got some sugar-free strawberry jam that I put on the waffles once in awhile.  Leo, I know Angel means as much to you as Victoria does to me. I spend more time with her than I do with my wife.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #404 on: February 20, 2012, 06:52:37 pm »

Sounds like Sandy's two and my girls, TLD. I spend more time with the 4 of them...... Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #405 on: February 20, 2012, 07:02:14 pm »

The sun finally came out and it got up to 63. We're supposed to be under a wind advisory tonight thru tomorrow morning. I'll prolly lose some limbs tonight, hopefully nothing big. The good side is that I'll have some more firewood when it gets cold. Moose is bringing something for supper.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #406 on: February 20, 2012, 08:27:50 pm »

Me and Angel have been pards since we met at the animal shelter.  We're kinda like an old married couple now, I take her out now an then an she takes care a me when I'm sick or ma feet er cold.

Makin coleslaw ta go with the pulled pork.  No creamy stuff this time around, goin with a recipe I learned a long time ago.  Got just enough time ta let it set in the fridge and do what coleslaw does.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #407 on: February 20, 2012, 08:40:44 pm »

We've picked up a recipe for coleslaw dressing, Leo. I think my wife has it in her purse. It's a vinegrete, just oil and vinegar, I believe. Stuff is dynamite Roll Eyes

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #408 on: February 20, 2012, 09:27:44 pm »

I add libbed as usual.  Two kinds of vinager/oil dressing an some sugar.  Lil keeps the natural sugar on hand an it's kind a gritty.  Found the regular white stuff when I was done.  Hopin it breaks down, if I used too much it's ma own dang fault.

Roland Deschain

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #409 on: February 21, 2012, 05:36:23 am »

A pot is up and the fire banked, up playin' with sourdough bread again.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #410 on: February 21, 2012, 06:32:26 am »

Thanks for the coffee, Del Wink

This morning I'm starting to see the knuckles where my fingers attach to my hand Roll Eyes  Discoloration is backing off some, too. We're hoping our glasses come in today.

33 here, dark Roll Eyes Looking for rain later in the day............Buck Undecided

wildman1
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #411 on: February 21, 2012, 06:39:49 am »

Mornin Ya'll, thanks fer Coffee Del, much preciated. WM

WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.
Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #412 on: February 21, 2012, 07:42:12 am »

Mornin', life forms.

Fog/Mist. 32° 'n 85%. A chance of rain after 1pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 56°. South wind between 5 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Doan know where the fog/mist is. Lookin' kinda clear ta me.

Gonna fill the station wagon sometime taday 'fore the werld's “leaders” run the prices up any higher.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

If you can't do it horseback it's not worth doin

« Reply #413 on: February 21, 2012, 07:44:03 am »

Happy FAT Tuesday Ya'll   sorry no beadss for ya's, ya'll remmember what Del did the last time we had beads

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul"

Impeach the Moron's in the Whitehouse SOON!

'uva uvam vevindo varia fit"< It's a Motto

'Molon Labe"

A waist is a terrible thing to mind

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #414 on: February 21, 2012, 08:28:47 am »

Mornin' y'all,
Thanks for the cawfee Del. Happy Shrove Tuesday aka Mardi Gras. Good ta' see you back Lil Rooster...can live without the beads
Cool now at 29 and 55 for later.

Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #415 on: February 21, 2012, 08:34:22 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Del.

'Tis 28 and flurries. "Cloudy. Light snow in the morning...then a slight chance of light rain and light snow in the afternoon. Up to an inch of accumulation possible...bringing the total accumulation to 1 to 2 inches. Highs 38 to 41. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west at 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 90 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #416 on: February 21, 2012, 08:54:21 am »

Morning Folks, Victoria and I slept in this morning. It's sunny and 39 outside. I couldn't sleep most of the night, finally went to sleep about 0400. The Cawfee is good and strong. It feels like a 2 pot morning. Victoria and I met at the animal shelter, I had seen her picture on the shelter web site. I had never had a female dog before, It was love at first sight for me.

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #417 on: February 21, 2012, 09:09:23 am »

Walked past daughter #2's car one mornin' 'n noticed beads hangin' 'round the mirror. She hung 'round the ocean front a lot. Decided it was best if I didn't know..................

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #418 on: February 21, 2012, 10:38:58 am »

It's warmed up to 41 this morning. I've seen what goes on at Mardi Gras and what folks do to get those beads. "Don't Ask! Don't Tell"!  Shocked Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Grin

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #419 on: February 21, 2012, 10:55:37 am »

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #420 on: February 21, 2012, 11:02:21 am »

Mornin.

Had a big parade in Nevada City on Sunday, been ta it afore.  Used ta call it Joe Cain Day but that's all but fergot now.  One year someone left a pack a developed pitchers behind an it ended up in the lost an found at the old hotel.  6 months later we was clearin out the stuff no one claimed an ran across the photos.  Can understan' why no one come back fer em, weren't nothin nice.

40 an hazy.  Pulled pork an slaw worked out jus' fine, had the chorizzo pie fer breakfast.

Good ta see ya Roo.

Roland Deschain

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #421 on: February 21, 2012, 12:42:21 pm »

Leo, Pulled pork is one of my favorite BBQs. It's big in the Carolinas. I am planning on doing one in the crock pot in the near future. Moose make some good cole slaw and baked beans for sides to go with it. I am planning on buying a smoker this summer and cook at lot outside this summer.

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #422 on: February 21, 2012, 02:19:49 pm »

Always do the pulled in the crock.  These days I drain the juice afore I add the sauce to avoid an upset stomach.  Comes out jus' fine.  I put the slaw on the sammich, got just enough of both em left fer lunch on a burger bun.  Lil liked my slaw with red bell an onion in it, said she never had it that way. 

Roland Deschain

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #423 on: February 21, 2012, 02:30:08 pm »

Nice to see you n here,lR Wink

Never had a notion to see Mardi Gras. Guess I'm not much of a party person Roll Eyes

Glasses are in, we'll go get'em after Susie gets off this afternoon.

I'm thawing buff burgers for tonight Roll Eyes

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #424 on: February 21, 2012, 02:57:45 pm »

What's a buff burger?

Roland Deschain

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper « previous next »
Jump to: