Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 10:03:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper  (Read 37393 times)
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #350 on: February 17, 2012, 08:51:20 pm »

Bahahaha  Grin Wink Cheesy Grin
I noticed that too....... I shouldn't laugh my nickname spelled backward is pretty good too

Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #351 on: February 17, 2012, 11:57:06 pm »

Y'all be nice ta the moderator.  Grin

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #352 on: February 18, 2012, 01:09:49 am »

We have a big owl that roosts in a tree right outside an I'm guessin he's just waitin for the little b&$tards to come out.  If Angel can flush em out, pard owl will pick em off.  Just needs ta warm up a little ta get em outside.  Considerin leavin bait out there but I don't wanna bring no more here.

Don't worry none Slimi, I grew up bein called Tommy, took years ta put an end ta it.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #353 on: February 18, 2012, 05:50:12 am »

Leo, I feel your pain! I was Jimmy till I got out of HS. We don't have a rodent problem around here. We have squirrels in our trees. Victoria hates them, she doesn't like them in her yard. We have armadillos that dig in the yard at night.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #354 on: February 18, 2012, 07:36:52 am »

Slimi with the 'I' is feminine isn't it?

Mornin'.

Overcast. 41° 'n 82%. Mostly sunny, with a high near 60°. Calm wind becoming south between 6 and 9 mph.

The Iowa bird laid an egg yesterevenin'. They went thru the motions it the Garden but no joy.

Fat lady's on the way ta Ali's. Peace 'til Sunday evenin'.

Gotta hunka dead cow, 'n I don't mean mushy cereal I mean 'mooooooooo', ta go in the l'il red one o'er vegetables 'n under cream ofs 'n mushrooms.

Gun shows it Scope in Norfolk 'n one it the convention center 'ere in duh beach. Georgia Arms supposed ta be it both. Wouldn't be goin' ta either if they weren't. One's 'bout is easy 'n close is the other. One's it the west end of 264, t'other the east. Scope charges four bucks ta park 'n the convention center's free. Wonder which one I'm goin' to.....

'Course I can stay home 'n stream Whitney Houston's funeral. Nawwwwwwwwwww.............

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #355 on: February 18, 2012, 08:01:47 am »

The Cawfee is ready for drinking. It's strong and Black. We've got rain right now and through the weekend.  The temp. 50. It's still dark outside. Arcey, I can make you a DVD of the ceremonies to watch at your own convience.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
wildman1
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #356 on: February 18, 2012, 08:03:00 am »

CAWFEE's on fer Ya'll iffen ya want it. Mornin everbody, suns gonna be up in an hour or so 42 degrees, I think it will hit 70 taday. WM

WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.
wildman1
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #357 on: February 18, 2012, 08:04:36 am »

The Cawfee is ready for drinking. It's strong and Black. We've got rain right now and through the weekend.  The temp. 50. It's still dark outside. Arcey, I can make you a DVD of the ceremonies to watch at your own convience.
Bro TLD ya got me while I was fillin my cup.  Cheesy WM

WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.
Stu Kettle
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #358 on: February 18, 2012, 08:21:20 am »

Just finished some chili & eggs & taters, end of the chili but there's taters enough for one more time.  Set a chunk of cow (the moo kind) out on the counter to thaw, might be chicken fried steaks this evening.

Gotta gun show at Brule next weekend.  Town's named after an Indian tribe, but they don't pronounce it right.  Usually a good one, but plenty crowded.  They hold it in the gym of an old school, could use twice as much room.  Parking's free, but might be halfway across town, of course that's still only about 3 blocks.

'Sposed to be in the 40s here today too, may have to miss the funeral & go wash the mud & salt off the pick-up & get the oil changed.
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #359 on: February 18, 2012, 08:44:07 am »

Jimmy, Slimi and Tommy are all whinin', Arcey ain't, interestin'. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #360 on: February 18, 2012, 08:59:23 am »

Mornin' y'all,
Thanks for the cawfee TLD and WM. Confusers say we may have some s**w showers.... 22 right now and 47 for later, never know what to believe anymore.
Tisha

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #361 on: February 18, 2012, 09:48:59 am »

Could be more fun at that show, Stu.

Thankee for the offer, Tex. I'm sure it'll be on youtube in short order. The circus type things always are.

Named after my father but the junior thing never was used for anything but paperwork. I ain't used the suffix since he passed. Grown ups 'n the kids just used my first name in the 'hood. When I was a rookie it was customary to refer to one 'nother by their first two initials. That's where 'Arcey' come from.

Headed......................................... east. TTFN

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #362 on: February 18, 2012, 10:28:05 am »

Think I'll miss the "live stream" too.
Media "over saturation" has been hard to avoid Roll Eyes
'Course I can stay home 'n stream Whitney Houston's funeral. Nawwwwwwwwwww.............

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #363 on: February 18, 2012, 10:30:19 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, pards.

'Course I can stay home 'n stream Whitney Houston's funeral.
That's what I'm gonna do today. NOT! Roll Eyes
I need ta rotate the front tires on the Caravan, grind wheat, and cut up more downed trees. And, have behavior management class with some horses.  Wink

'Tis 28 and sunny. High of 35.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #364 on: February 18, 2012, 01:18:58 pm »

Arcey, When I went to work at the Sheriff's office, our name tags had our first and middle initials  on them. I became  J R and was refered as J R during my entire career there. I was named James after my maternal grandfather and Russell after my Dad's first name. During the 70s, I was known as Jim Reed, and my CB handle was Adam 12.

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #365 on: February 18, 2012, 01:46:21 pm »

Good day all.

Arcey, if I recall from the old story profiles yer persona's last name were Ess.  Remember bits an pieces of them things.

Bout 50 with rain on the horizon.  Prolly have soup an salad this even.

Watchin the Return of the Magnificent Seven with Lil, guess we'll  be missin out on the other thing.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #366 on: February 18, 2012, 02:43:03 pm »

Got the front tires rotated. Both are toed out, but the left is worse than the right. Oil change in a few weeks. Will get a front end alignment then and get the front tires moved ta the back.

Slim

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #367 on: February 18, 2012, 02:44:32 pm »

Registered with SASS as Arcey Ess, yeah. Don't use the Ess part. Never did. RCS is the whole thing. Wanted R Clarence (my praternal grand father) Shiftless. Folks I started with told me I'd never get Shiftless cuz there was too many already. Been all o'er Carolina 'n Virginia. On e-lists of clubs I've never shot with. Been playin' the game since '97. Ain't seen the first Shiftless yet.

Tex, they called me all kindsa names when I was in IA.

Show was nice. Crowded. Good prices on new, unsold Gen 3's. Unfortunately that weren't what I was in the market for. GA didn't have anything I wanted. Been a couple three years since I went but last time there were several vendors with various LED lights. Taday there was one 'n her stuff was all picked o'er. Real nice ARs all tricked out I'd enjoy havin' if I had somewhere close to play with it often.

The convention center, about a third of it anyway, is on the right. There's 'nother parkin' lot out the image to the left. Three more to the right. They run all the way to I264 which is just before the tree line. They all looked like that.

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #368 on: February 18, 2012, 03:21:36 pm »

Helped set up for the swiss steak dinner this morning. Went over to old neighbors to pick up the dinette set Sue was promised. Everybody met there, but we couldn't get in the front door. Finally got it open, pipes had burst. Water and mold everywhere. Went to lock up the door and got the back of my hand on the screen door latch. Chewed it up pretty bad. Dang meds make me bleed like a stuck hog when get cut. Hand's bandaged, looks like I ain't going to be doing dishes tonight......Buck Roll Eyes Shocked Undecided

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #369 on: February 18, 2012, 05:35:54 pm »

Buck, Be careful and don't get it infected. I bleed easy now days, maybe my diabetes is the problem.

Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #370 on: February 18, 2012, 06:02:04 pm »

Going to a gun show tomorrow, Have a deal pending with a long time buddy's Dad, He has an Ithaca/SKB SxS 12 gauge that I want and I have a Remington 1100 Special Field 20 gauge that he'd like to have,so we might just do a trade.

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #371 on: February 18, 2012, 06:47:40 pm »

The rain is continuing tonight and temp. has dropped to 46. Victoria hates to go out in the rain and hates to dried off even more. We're gonna to the NorthWoods soup tonight. Moose went to the store for the ingredients.

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #372 on: February 18, 2012, 08:29:35 pm »

Buck, Be careful and don't get it infected. I bleed easy now days, maybe my diabetes is the problem.

Pop, I did some reading.  If you take aspirin for your heart and have diabetes, that could be the cause of excessive bleeding.  That's about all I found that may be worth somethin.

Roland Deschain

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #373 on: February 18, 2012, 09:52:52 pm »

Mine is the pletel that I take for my circ. problem in my leg. We just rewrapped it tonight, still bleeding in spots. Gonna be pretty technicolor too. Keepin' neosporin on it. Gotta play at church tomorrow, might be interesting holding that cornet Roll Eyes Shocked

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #374 on: February 18, 2012, 11:06:30 pm »

Amazing how some things feel so good when you do it.  Highway 2 is a shortcut from Northbound I-29 to West I-80, saves at least 80 miles.  Trucks have to stay in the right lane in Lincoln to about a half mile from the turn off then they have to get in the left lane.  Again tonight the traffic was heavy and a semi could not get over.  I got his backside, slowed down in the right lane inside the view of his mirror and blocked the SUV in the right lane behind him.  Flashed my lights, he signaled, came over to the left lane and gave me a nice three taps on the brake light as a thanks.  I do that one the way home about once a week.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 25 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper « previous next »
Jump to: