Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 08:49:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper  (Read 35544 times)
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #200 on: February 09, 2012, 09:37:44 pm »

Arcey, that looks like a "cool" place to hang out...
Maj..you could be a lifesaver for your kid...got a '06 Jeep Cherokee myownself...been the best "station wagon" in this neck o' the woods

Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #201 on: February 10, 2012, 05:05:42 am »

I woke up early this morning and I've got the Cawfee on. The weather folks weren't lying, it's been drizzling all night. The temp. says 48 right now. We're keeping our god dog for a couple of days. His owner had to be admitted to the hospital yesterday for tests. Victoria and him romped till bedtime. They always sleep sound after their romps. He has a second home here and Victoria likes to have him around.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2012, 07:09:33 am »

Thanks for the coffee, TLD Wink

28 and semi dark here, snow in the forecast for over night. Might wake up to 2-4 tomorrow morning Roll Eyes Shocked

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #203 on: February 10, 2012, 07:49:41 am »

Moanin'.

A few clouds. 33° 'n 85%. Mostly sunny, with a high near 54°. Southwest wind between 5 and 11 mph.

Goin' ta the shop is kinda like goin' to an old timey barber shop. Chewin' the rag 'n all.

Should be a decent day. Gotta figger a way ta keep myownself outta trouble.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #204 on: February 10, 2012, 08:25:13 am »

Arcey, any ripples about the 150th anniv. of the Battle of Hampton Roads there? Since they were doing stuff connected to the start last year, just wondering if anythig was in the works. I would love to get down to the Mariner's Museum to see the Monitor's turret............Buck Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #205 on: February 10, 2012, 08:32:21 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tex.

'Tis 25 and flurries. 1/4" so far. "Cloudy and colder with snow diminishing to snow showers. An inch or so expected. Highs 26 to 31... Then temperatures falling into the middle teens in the afternoon. North wind 15 to 25 mph."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #206 on: February 10, 2012, 09:03:20 am »

Mornin.  Looks like rain is comin back around.  Other than that, aint nuthin new under the sun.

Had pan seared steaks last night with sweet tater fries an sperry grass.  Lil took the helm on that one, was right fine.  Somethin in the crock fer tanight.  Still waitin on the Cawfee.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2012, 09:14:11 am »

Mornin' y'all,
Thanks for the cawfee TLD. Warm n' sunny here 31 for a start and it'll be 60 later.

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #208 on: February 10, 2012, 10:04:37 am »

The rain has stopped for awhile and the temp. has dropped to 45. A good day to stay indoors. The dogs are sleeping soundly and it's quiet around here for the time being.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #209 on: February 10, 2012, 10:11:15 am »

Arcey, any ripples about the 150th anniv. of the Battle of Hampton Roads there? Since they were doing stuff connected to the start last year, just wondering if anythig was in the works. I would love to get down to the Mariner's Museum to see the Monitor's turret............Buck Roll Eyes

I ain't heard nothin' but I'd think the museum will be up ta somethin', Buck.

Lookin' at the turret is soberin'. When we were kids hearin' the story it was kinda like a myth. Damn. Ya stand on the scaffoldin' 'n look down in the tank – it's there, it's real 'n in yer face. Akin ta standin' on the battle field at Yorktown. Y'all decide ta come lemme know. Meet ya o'er there. Short ride for me.

Headin' out adventurin'. See if I can find a bird er nine in the wilds of Pungo. They sure as hell ain't been too frequent on the cam from the Garden...............

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #210 on: February 10, 2012, 01:07:52 pm »

Arcey, Good Luck on your adventure today.

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #211 on: February 10, 2012, 02:32:56 pm »

Got back from errands, took bread to work for a food day, one of the good kids got a job as an livestock adviser so it's his last day and he was worth the effort.  Hit the grocery store, got a Proctor Silex mud machine, should have never gave my 20 some old one to Rick, but he needed one.  Mr. Coffee is packed in the PS box and will head to the can over the fence in a bit. 

Did a dummy, came home, shifted gears and went to 4 instead of 2 and lugged it and killed it ain't done that one in a long time, dead between the sidewalk and the street.  Won't start, it's weird if you kill it by lugging it and it's good and warm it don't want to for a bit, it will roll start but it won't crank.  Did it with the other 2 starters also, guess it's a "don't do that thing."  Also when it drops to about 10 you have to give it a pump to start, don't make sense with FI but it does. 

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Stu Kettle
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #212 on: February 10, 2012, 03:30:34 pm »

My pick-up's on it's way to Lincoln but I'm not in it- The Wife is headed to a baby shower for the new Grandbaby with a gift too big to fit in her 1980 Toyota Corola, so guess who's stuck driving that POS.  It's a good runnin' little car, but a much tighter fit than I like.  Bet it's pretty comical watching me get in & out of that thing.
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #213 on: February 10, 2012, 03:38:46 pm »

My pick-up's on it's way to Lincoln but I'm not in it- The Wife is headed to a baby shower for the new Grandbaby with a gift too big to fit in her 1980 Toyota Corola, so guess who's stuck driving that POS.  It's a good runnin' little car, but a much tighter fit than I like.  Bet it's pretty comical watching me get in & out of that thing.

Do you know someone who has a video camera and could video it?

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2012, 03:40:38 pm »

Arcey, Good Luck on your adventure today.

Did, thankee. No Eagles - dammit - did see some birds tho. Check Aircraft in a l'il while......................

Stu Kettle
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #215 on: February 10, 2012, 03:41:44 pm »

Do you know someone who has a video camera and could video it?

Yes, & I make sure they are no where near the area when it happens.
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2012, 03:44:19 pm »

Rita had a 1985 Toyota when we got married, if that was the only Toyota I'd ever been around I'd been around I wouldn't think much about them, at 75,000 it was in the shop more than it ran and she had replaced the engine at a little over the warranty which was 50,000 back then.  I have my theories as to what had went wrong along the line.  It could have been in shipment, at the factory or at the dealer.  Not sure about the engine, but I'm sure it had a battery explode before she got it and they sorta cleaned it up, wire corrosion was the big thing, not sure of why the rod bearing went out unless acid got in the  engine also.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2012, 05:13:16 pm »

Only way acid would get in the engine would be through the air cleaner an the paper would tell the tale. 

Had chorizzo an egg with guac an sour cream.  Soup will be on fer tanite.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Russ T Chambers
Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

Well preserved for my age!

« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2012, 05:40:27 pm »

Tonight is cholesterol heaven.  Beer battered fish, deep fried battered mushrooms, and hushpuppies.
Michele Obama is probably going to have the food police on my doorstep by the time we sit down to eat.

Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow
Stu Kettle
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2012, 05:51:13 pm »

Got a nice chunk of beef steak warmin on the counter - gonna get a quick scorchin' in a skillet & go good with some fried taters.

I've had good luck with Toyotas.  Got a '93 pick-up with about 300,000 that I wouldn't trade.  Got the third kid drivin'  it now, needs a new starter solenoid, & I don't mind spending a few dollars on it.
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2012, 06:22:34 pm »

Problem was what ever happened to it, happened before she bought it, brand new.  The area of the battery had had some paint work on the inner fender and and hood underside, she never wrecked it, had like 12 or so miles on it she said.  Constantly had trouble with green wires, and bad grounds, all on the battery side of the engine.  Our mechanic thought the same thing, I've seen similar problems with ones that had exploded batteries.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Stu Kettle
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2012, 07:42:42 pm »

Decided I didn't want to risk a visit from th first lady, so I steamed a little broccoli to go with my steak & taters.  While I was washing the dishes the dog went out & flushed flock of Chinese chickens in the front yard.  One of 'em got confused & crashed into the window over the kitchen sink - had to take cover, thought she was comin' in.  Kept an eye on ger for a while trying to decide how to cook her fer lunch tomorrow, but she got it together & headed down the road on foot.  She was moving at a pretty good clip & not dragging a sing, so I figure she'll probably make it.
Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #222 on: February 10, 2012, 08:06:40 pm »

Yard bird noodle soup. Five cans of cream ofs, darn near a quart of chicken stock, two breasts, a bunch ah baby carrots, two cups of No Yolks dumplin' sized noodles 'n several generous shakin's of parsley flakes. Twix the fat lady 'n me there ain't a quart left.

Nighty-night......................

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #223 on: February 10, 2012, 08:49:03 pm »

Got warm enough for a picnic high today was 65
Made a macraroni salad to go with the leftover pork ribs and the squash Grin
Highs will drop 10 degrees for the weekend and a chance for s**w showers on Monday mornin'

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #224 on: February 10, 2012, 09:06:04 pm »

Got 2" of sn*w. Clear sky. Temp is down to 9. Low 0 to -6.  Roll Eyes I think it is still winter.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper « previous next »
Jump to: