Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 01, 2014, 03:14:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper  (Read 36530 times)
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2012, 10:12:49 am »

Oldest daughter (29) had this posted on her Facebook page:

Especially after the grow up, move out and their brains come in.  My oldest daughter (29) had this last night on her Facebook page:

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2012, 12:21:42 pm »

Mornin.  You'll have ta settle fer chorizzo an eggs this mornin Pop, Lil had her heart set on em an picked the stuff up at the store.  I'll do the bbq beef quesadillas tamarra.

On another note, I thought it was a law that we only stepped in dog poo on MONDAY morning, I guess no one tolt the land lord's dogs it were Tuesday.  Somethin is wrong when a man has ta keep a look out just takin down the trash.

Rained over night here, gloomy an bout 48. 

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2012, 01:22:58 pm »

Leo, You need to vigilant at all times in watching out for dog poop.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2012, 01:54:37 pm »

Gassed 'n washed at the station. Twenty cents off per gallon with the wash. Dried off pretty good on the way to the grocery.

Wheels, rims for the ghetto educated, redone in the garage. Tires gooped. Plastic head 'n tail light lenses polished. Dried water spots rubbed off the fake chrome. Glass done inside 'n out. Vacuumed the front, ain't been nothin' ner nobody in the back. Dash 'n instrument panel cleaned. Skipped the wheel wells, didn't have 'nuff Armor All.

Had ta close the garage door. Some jerk walkin' thru the 'hood I ain't seen before lookin' o'er the houses. I leave the key in it. Read it costs a national average of $33K defendin' one's ownself civilly for a justified killin'. A bit steep.

Checked the nest. Still no egg. Hell, there ain't no Eagle in it either.

Got clothes in the dryer 'n dishes ta do. Wanna be sittin' out front loadin' stuff when the fat lady gets home it three so she kin think I ain't done nothin' all day.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2012, 03:07:31 pm »

Honkers er residin at the park this year, Angel scared em off last season an our pond is empty a water foul this year.  They still fly over but they don' land here no more.  Kinda feel bad about that.  Still waitin ta see if the ducks come back.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #155 on: February 07, 2012, 04:30:41 pm »

Leo, We had 7 geese at the park on Sat. morning and 6 baby ducks. It looks like the high for today is gonna be 60. No clue for supper tonight. I had a sammich and an apple for lunch. It's still cloudy this afternoon.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2012, 06:00:09 pm »

The park is right across the road but they used to come here to hatch.  Guess they never saw a swimmin dog bafore, all she wanted ta do was play with em.  Lady downstairs seems ta think we broke the whole cycle of ecology, bet she'll be happy when the driveway an all cars therein are not covered with the bad smellin stuff.

Think we is havin one a them big salads with all the fixins tanight, aint sure what kind a dressing ta mix up.

Roland Deschain

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2012, 06:07:55 pm »

I try to keep the windhield and other windows fairly clean for safety reasons, had to do the instrument pannel the other day, it was hard to see how fast I was going. Roll Eyes

OK I do wish I had the time and money for something to play with and polish again, been a while, hope to build a new bigger garage in a few years, will drag the 53 Dodge Pick-up up from the farm, be nice to have it done about the time I retire.  Still have to decide what I want for go power, the ol flathead six is just a bit under powered, might do some lookin' for a Red Ram to rebuild, then I can tell everyone it has a hemi. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2012, 07:16:01 pm »

Del, We used to have some farmers up in the Panhandle use the Red Ram and the old 392 Chryslers as irrigation well pump engines. We had a bunch of parts for them in the machine shop at our parts store. I've got the makings for a Fritos Pie for supper tonight. It did make it up to 60 today but not much sun.

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2012, 07:47:39 pm »

Dinty Moore tonight Roll Eyes

Got the window on Sandy's car fxed yesterday, bad regulator. $170 out the door, cables were all tangled up. Roll Eyes Undecided

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #160 on: February 07, 2012, 08:10:58 pm »

S**w only lasted about an hour this morning just a dustin'...Rain showers came after..will take all the moisture to the desert we can. Seeding happened yesterday by helicopter to the burned out areas in Nov. & Jan. More on foot later by the BLM.
We got all the Canadian honkers that winter up here in No. Nevada. Green slime all over Roll Eyes
Glad I don't have to look for "canine landmines" in my neck o' the woods Lips Sealed
Albondigas soup on the stove right now

Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #161 on: February 07, 2012, 09:28:21 pm »

With four ankle biters, land mines are a constant problem here Roll Eyes Tongue

Snow supposedly over night, maybe half an inch Undecided

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #162 on: February 07, 2012, 11:11:18 pm »

My sister has 2 of them little chi-weenies always doin' what they do best Tongue

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #163 on: February 07, 2012, 11:14:24 pm »

We finished off the FRITOS Pie and the pinto beans for supper tonight. The fridge is actually lookin' sorta empty. A trip to the grocery will have to be made tomorrow.   The Cawfee will taste good in the morning.

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #164 on: February 08, 2012, 12:36:48 am »

Took a late nap when Lil got home, a little late in the day but had ta wake up ta eat.  Frozen pizza at its finenst, didn't have nothin thawin taday.  Tamarra's another crock day, our choices are pork, pork or pork...suits me fine.

Roland Deschain

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2012, 07:15:50 am »

Guess I'll start the pot, usual disclaimer Roll Eyes

30 here, still dark. No snow, yet Roll Eyes

wildman1
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2012, 07:39:32 am »

Thanks fer Coffee Buck, much preciated. WM

WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2012, 08:07:19 am »

2o here, more SD rye today.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #168 on: February 08, 2012, 08:30:36 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

'Tis 6 and clear. High of 32.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #169 on: February 08, 2012, 08:38:12 am »

Mornin'.

Fog/Mist. 38° 'n 93%. A chance of rain after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53°. Northeast wind between 8 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Gotta go ta Sam's for some dope. Better not rain. The way I see it, the thing cost a lot of money. Maybe it ain't a bunch for other people but it was for me. It's kinda difficult not ta keep it clean 'n well maintained ta protect the investment.

No Eagle. No egg. One of the freaky chicky-babes whut'd rather live as her ancestors, inna teepee rather'n a house, predicted an egg would pop out last night 'cuz the moon phase. Nope..... The nest wasn't even used for a sleep-o'er last night. Guess the bird(s) didn't check their calendar.......

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #170 on: February 08, 2012, 08:57:05 am »

Mornin' y'all,
Thanks for the cawfee Buck. Partly cloudy here 24 right now with a high of 50 for later.

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #171 on: February 08, 2012, 10:36:31 am »

Thanks for the Cawfee this morning. I'm having more Cawfee, Oatmeal, and Toast for Breakfast. Victoria and I slept in this morning, she's still napping. The run to the grocery store is planned for later.

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #172 on: February 08, 2012, 11:45:31 am »

Mornin, gonna do the quesos with bbq beef in a few.

40 out an rain quit.

Them tee pee folk er strange, worked with one once.  Not a drop of Indian blood in he or his wife but they was full a guessin things that never happened.  Funny, they always had a reason fer why it din't, in Arcey's case they would say somethin like he angered the eagel spirit.  Maybe it weren't my dog that kept the honkers away this year, I just PO'ed the honker spirit.

Roland Deschain

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #173 on: February 08, 2012, 12:42:38 pm »

They mean well.

Some came together at the Garden to honor the female last year. All dressed out. Played drums 'n such. Really, it was very nice. There was much made by several people that the male did a fly over during the ceremony. Somethin' mystical or other.

Andi went on a field trip with er class a l'il later last year. When they got ta the same spot he flew over too. It's rare when a crowd of people gather there 'n he's nearby he doesn't fly over to see what's goin' on. It's called curiosity.

The Garden put a memorial up for Momma. Beautiful life sized sculpture of her in bronze is the center piece. I haven't seen it up close 'n personal yet, only pictures. I'll be goin' alone the first time cuz I don't think I'm gonna handle it well. That's called silly emotion.

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #174 on: February 08, 2012, 01:04:22 pm »

We now have resident baldies in the Cuyahoga Reserve, Arcey. They showed footage of some last night on the news.

Snowed some here earlier, just enough to cover the grass. I went out and got the center cap for Sandy's car that we ordered yesterday. Amazing, a 3+" dia. hunk of chromed plastic that costs $16+ dollars. At least the bearing cap is now covered again, keep the slop off it. Got some gas whilst I was at it, $3.25/gal. Roll Eyes Undecided

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 25 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper « previous next »
Jump to: