Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2014, 09:09:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper  (Read 35934 times)
Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #475 on: February 23, 2012, 12:09:14 pm »

It's up to 68 right now.  Victoria is still sleeping in this morning. I've got to make run for snacks for viewing the dual 125s at Daytona today.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #476 on: February 23, 2012, 01:59:00 pm »

Good day.

Up ta 55 an lookin nice out.

LCPL Sharp got his new orders, he's comin back to California soon.  Couldn't happier round here with that news.  I think he will enjoy living off base in San Diego.

So begins another Lent, there will be some happy piggies out there for a spell.  Chocolate copanies er goin ta be PO'ed at Lil.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #477 on: February 23, 2012, 02:07:13 pm »

Leo, In your honor, I had chili dogs and fritos for lunch.  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM-Good!

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #478 on: February 23, 2012, 02:11:57 pm »

So begins another Lent, there will be some happy piggies out there for a spell.  Chocolate copanies er goin ta be PO'ed at Lil.

They ain't safe from me. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #479 on: February 23, 2012, 03:25:32 pm »

Lil set me up with beef chorizzo and all beef hot dawgs.  They taste better anyhow.  Think I'll be jus' fine.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #480 on: February 23, 2012, 04:20:11 pm »

48 here. I managed to get the stuck slide on my 17A out, despite this bum hand of mine. A judicious application of PB Blaster, and then a small piece of wood in the crook and some tapping with a small hammer. it's all greased and back in now. Started working on a conversation with a cork company about  getting some replacement vailve stem corks made to replace the old ones. looks like the guys and I over at Trumpet Master are going to have to make a group purchase to get them made if we can come up with specs for them to use. Don't know yet how many we'd have to get made to qualify for an order. These cover a lot of Conn's 50's and 60's horns, some real collector's and some not. Only problem is they have to come from Portugal first............Buck Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #481 on: February 23, 2012, 04:36:09 pm »

Now, We are offically in the 80s today, It's up to 81 now. Victoria is lying in her back yard getting a no-tan lines tan. The wind has died down. I've got the ceiling fans on in the house. I just fixed myself some lemonade.

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #482 on: February 23, 2012, 05:39:38 pm »

WUDDAFREAKIN’OFSDARHOOT!!

Had us a collective blast. Maj, hell, all y’all what shoot, I wish ya coulda been there or show up fer one later on. Hit ever target I aimed at but one too many times. It was supposed ta be singled ‘n I doubled it. Knew it as soon as I pulled the trigger. Cussed a lot too. A damned procedural ‘n I wrote the thing. But that’s OK, I was gonna take the long shot ‘n the Smith hit it. Everbody else shot 144 rounds, I shot 145 with the dump-‘n-load-one-cuz-I-screwed-up.

Got done it three. National Weather Service history shows 73° it three. Numbers on the dash said the same thing. Had two windows down ‘n the hole in the roof open. Stopped in Suffolk ta fill my coffee cup ‘n noticed the AC was runnin’ – in February. Climate control was set ta 64°. I shut it off.

God surely blessed us today. I thank Him much.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #483 on: February 23, 2012, 06:12:22 pm »

Had some time and hit a Goodwill today, did good, a 4" and 6" gen-u-wine DeWitt Nebraska Vice-Grips for $2 apiece.  One for me, one for Lemol for his tool collection.  May American Toll that bought out Peterson's rot you know where for moving the production to China, not only are the new ones junk, I know some folks who lost there jobs. 

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #484 on: February 23, 2012, 07:09:49 pm »

Light snow here right now, looks like more on the way.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #485 on: February 23, 2012, 07:52:50 pm »

Just rain here, Del Roll Eyes

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #486 on: February 23, 2012, 09:59:48 pm »

That sure looks good, Russ T.

They ain't safe from me. Grin
Me either.  Grin

40% chance of sn*w tonight and tomorrow.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #487 on: February 23, 2012, 11:47:08 pm »

There is at least a cup left in the pot, you want it the microwave is nearby.  Made a pot at 9:30 drank two 24oz cups and am falling asleep working on the book.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #488 on: February 24, 2012, 07:11:18 am »

Mornin’.

Mostly cloudy. 65° ‘n 81%. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms between noon and 3pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 3pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 80°. Breezy, with a southwest wind between 15 and 24 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Damn. Was plannin’ on soup. Maybe outta go ta the grocery ‘n get salad fixin’s.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
wildman1
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #489 on: February 24, 2012, 07:40:37 am »

Mornin Ya'll, CAWFEE's up. Gonna make a run up ta WR taday and hit Cabelas on the way. WM

WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #490 on: February 24, 2012, 08:27:41 am »

Thanks for the coffee, WM Wink

39 and partly cloudy here Roll Eyes

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #491 on: February 24, 2012, 08:33:49 am »

Mornin' y'all,
Thanks for the cawfee WM. 35 for a start an' it'll be 53 for a high later.

Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #492 on: February 24, 2012, 08:34:43 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, WM.

Have fun and be safe, WM.

'Tis 26 and overcast. "Occasional light snow or flurries in the morning...but with little accumulation expected. Scattered snow showers in the afternoon. Highs around 33. Northwest wind 10 to 20 mph."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #493 on: February 24, 2012, 08:47:37 am »

Morning,was upper 50's yesterday woke up to a couple inches of S**w covering the ground, should melt off fast, supposed to be in mid 40's  Sad

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #494 on: February 24, 2012, 09:04:04 am »

31 here, might make 40 with mixed light snow/drizzle.  No idea what is for supper.  Made a couple suggestions and my heathen wife don't want them, no ideas from her, going out after I get off work is limited and way to busy most times for me.  Got SD Swedish rye going in the oven in a bit, will take a loaf over to Mom and do some shopping along the way.  Might find something she will eat, might not and she'll have to fend for herself.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #495 on: February 24, 2012, 10:14:28 am »

Thanks for the Cawfee this morning. I went to sleep in my recliner last night and woke up at 0400. I prepped the Cawfee and set it to perk at 0500. I took some advil and went to sleep in the bed. I woke up at 0845 and fixed some oatmeal and toast. It's only 45 outside, so we're staying inside. Victoria is a night time grazer, so I filled her dish with food and sat down in my chair with the notebook. No clue for lunch today and we'll prolly have take-out pizza for supper. I've got dishes to do later on. It's sorta cloudy outside and hopefully it will warm up when the sun comes out.

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #496 on: February 24, 2012, 11:34:32 am »

Limpa aka Swedish rye with sourdough.  Has anise seed and orange peel in it plus molasses and brown sugar to make it sweeter. 

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #497 on: February 24, 2012, 12:45:26 pm »

Mornin.  Lil is still sleepin so I aint made nothin fer breakfast.  Startin ta look like it'll be an early lunch instead.  Got some crusted fish fer supper, the local grocery does it up good.

Bout 45 an sunny as can be.

Roland Deschain

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #498 on: February 24, 2012, 01:43:46 pm »

It's only up to 52 right now. We got some wind this afternoon. My sink stopper has disapperared, so clothes washing takes center stage this afternoon. The shirts are washed and in the dryer. The pants just went in the washer. I'm saving the "unmentionables" for last. Lunch is till a mystery.

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #499 on: February 24, 2012, 03:00:35 pm »

Got back from a run through the north central part of town.  Took Mom some bread, she showed me the sand rail she now has in her garage by the pullin' tractor.  I suspect my nephew is gonna start diggin' through the VW parts at the farm. Grin  I think he's gonna need some help from his Uncle.

Hit the Salvation Army near by, got a couple sharpenin' steels and an antique french fry cutter.  Hit the Hy-Vee next door, got some cheddar bacon brats and some Lady Grey tea for work.  Ran into a guy I went to school with from 3rd grade to HS, ain't seen him in years, dang he's lookin' old.

Went across the street, hit the hookah shop for coffee for Turkish coffee. 

Hit a goodwill on the way home, got a pint lightnin' jar, blue green missin' the rubber, got some rubbers. Roll Eyes  (Go ahead, say it, told my daughter to look for them on garage sales, she made a joke of it also.)

Stopped at the IGA that has my rye flour, got 10 pound light, 10 pounds dark and 10 pounds regular. 

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper « previous next »
Jump to: