Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 09:34:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper  (Read 34163 times)
Texas Lawdog
"Old School" Cop NCOWS SENATOR
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #325 on: February 16, 2012, 07:28:13 pm »

It got up to 55 for a high today. Victoria and I  got some errands done this morning and I'll finish them up tomorrow morning. We had Taco Bell for lunch.  Moose is bringing something home for supper, to clue to what it might be. It was cool this morning, my hoodie felt good. Victoria likes the driver's side window down, no matter what the weather is like. She sits in the back seat and puts her chin on my left shoulder.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #326 on: February 17, 2012, 06:29:05 am »

I'll start a pot.

28 and somewhat foggy this morning, looking for the 40's today Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #327 on: February 17, 2012, 06:37:03 am »

I've got another pot started here also. The temp. is up to 46 this morning. The weather folks are forcasting rain for today and the rest of the weekend. More errands are on tap for this morning.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #328 on: February 17, 2012, 07:16:41 am »

Mornin'.

Fog/Mist. 44° 'n 93%. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 54°. North wind between 13 and 16 mph.

Need ta figger sumthin' ta justify gettin' my hind parts out the house.

Female #3 it the Garden spent the night onna branch a few feet from the nest. Second night inna row. Might be a good sign. The Iowa nest had a mouse in it but no birds. The she bird in Richmond's doin' 'er job 'n sittin' 'er eggs.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Stu Kettle
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #329 on: February 17, 2012, 07:44:30 am »

"Need ta figger sumthin' ta justify gettin' my hind parts out the house. "

Target practice is always a good "get outside" excuse.  How far do you have to travel to expend some ammo without panicking the masses or alerting the authorities?
Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #330 on: February 17, 2012, 08:01:26 am »

Did that indoors yestitty. They don't charge me. Don't wanna abuse the privilege.

Outside's seventy five miles away.....

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Stu Kettle
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #331 on: February 17, 2012, 08:09:29 am »

I'll drive 75 miles or more to buy gunpowder, but if I had to go that far to burn it I think I'd have to move.  Not sure where the nearest indoor range is, last one I shot in is about 200 miles from home.
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #332 on: February 17, 2012, 08:26:27 am »

Mornin' y'all,
Thanks for the cawfee Buck & TLD. Got a warmin' trend here 31 with a high of 56.
Happy Friday!

Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #333 on: February 17, 2012, 08:37:56 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, pards.

'Tis 20 and cloudy. "Mostly cloudy. Scattered rain showers and snow showers in the afternoon. Highs 38 to 41. Light and variable wind becoming south at 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 30 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #334 on: February 17, 2012, 08:51:26 am »

28 headin' to 42.  Ended up with somethin' that looked like rye pita bread out of the forgotten yeast one, not bad, I kneaded it enough it was not like a tortilla.  The German Army ration bread is done, shut it off about 6:30, ain't tried to cut it, be interestin' think it's softer than hardtack but still could be used as a weapon. Roll Eyes

Need to run and find some sinner-mon and finish that.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
wildman1
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #335 on: February 17, 2012, 09:08:08 am »

I get plenty of cow in my diet - in fact, the leftover chili in the fridge has a good bit of cow in it.
COW=Cream of Wheat.  Mornin Ya'll, thanks fer Coffee Buck and TLD, much preciated. WM

WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #336 on: February 17, 2012, 09:25:29 am »

COW=Cream of Wheat.  Mornin Ya'll, thanks fer Coffee Buck and TLD, much preciated. WM

That be cow food.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Stu Kettle
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #337 on: February 17, 2012, 10:01:10 am »

That be cow food.

Or baby food, or for toothless folks, I call it farina
wildman1
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #338 on: February 17, 2012, 10:09:01 am »

That be cow food.
Sure makes that egg-chili-taters-hot sauce combo taste GOOD.  Roll Eyes WM

WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #339 on: February 17, 2012, 10:24:25 am »

Hey All.  Bout 37 an clear.

Chorizzo an egg burritos fer breakfast.  Got sour cream an salsa to go along.

I hear guns goin off round here all the time in the woods, but I'm careful bout it my ownself.  Mostly hear small stuff but now an then I hear the crack of somethin big.  I aint gonna risk ma guns an freedom doin what they is doin, got invites to shoot at other folks property not far from here that is within code.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Stu Kettle
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #340 on: February 17, 2012, 11:54:52 am »

Sure makes that egg-chili-taters-hot sauce combo taste GOOD.  Roll Eyes WM

Was dang good this morning, I usually have a pancake with some eggs on it, but I boiled enough taters last evening that hashbrowns'll be on the menu all weekend.

I consider myself very fortunate to live in a place where the sound of gunfire from my front porch does not disturb my neighbors.  Sometimes they shoot too, & if I happen to be outside I might here it, doesn't bother me either Grin
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #341 on: February 17, 2012, 12:01:19 pm »

Boos called, they need me at noon, sinner-mon raisin bread is baking, should make it on time or dang close.  She knows I might be late and why. 

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #342 on: February 17, 2012, 02:37:12 pm »

It's up to 57 now. We've had drizzle all morning. I got the rest of the errands run. Victoria enjoyed the trip, even the rain. She hung her head out the window and enjoyed the rain in her face. She's the best road dog around.  I let her out on the leash once, for a quick pee break and she was good to go for the rest of the morning.

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #343 on: February 17, 2012, 02:48:35 pm »

Sure doesn't take much to make a dog happy TLD... we have fun just seein' their enjoyment of life's lttle things Grin

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #344 on: February 17, 2012, 05:24:48 pm »

Taco salad fer lunch, one more musgo has gone. 

They is renavatin a place up the road that was a total mess.  Guess the rats they chased away decided this place would suit them just fine.  War is on, I done gave the Patton speech an everthin, can't be havin that.  Angel is on patrol, just seems disappointed she can't get inta the walls.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #345 on: February 17, 2012, 06:12:36 pm »

Miz Letty, Victoria is my saddle pal. I spend more time with her than I do with my wife. Victoria is a rescue dog that I got from our local animal shelter. I got her after our last dog had past away. I needed a new companion.  I needed a new friend and she needed a good home. It was love at first sight for me. She is my first female dog to have. She loves to ride in my old pickup. I didn't trade it in when I bought my new pickup. The new truck is a regular cab and the old one is an extended cab. She rides  the back seat with her chin on my left shoulder. She is a smart dog. She sleeps with me at night or when I take a nap in the afternoon.

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #346 on: February 17, 2012, 06:41:03 pm »

Great to hear that about Victoria TLD you are both lucky Wink
I have a feline due to apartment dwellin'. Blanca acts like a dog sometimes and like to play catch once in a while...she still has that feline "I don't care" attitude. Tried to leach train her when she was little and that didn't work..no toleration for the collar Roll Eyes She loves goin' outside to her yard and watch the birds & eatin' grass.
I'd rather have an 'OZ Heeler, Sheltie or a Corgi, but wouldn't be fair to the critter livin' in such a small place.

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #347 on: February 17, 2012, 07:24:57 pm »

They is renavatin a place up the road that was a total mess.  Guess the rats they chased away decided this place would suit them just fine.  War is on, I done gave the Patton speech an everthin, can't be havin that.  Angel is on patrol, just seems disappointed she can't get inta the walls.
We had rats running inside the walls here when we moved in. We got cats, all but one is outside, and that helped greatly to dwindle the rodent population.

Slimi

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #348 on: February 17, 2012, 07:45:14 pm »

Mine does a fair job of that... and the wild mint growin' up close to the building helps too...
We had rats running inside the walls here when we moved in. We got cats, all but one is outside, and that helped greatly to dwindle the rodent population.

Slimi
Mice n' rats don't like the taste of it Tongue

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #349 on: February 17, 2012, 08:41:27 pm »

Slimi

Who is Slimi?

Looks like you'd pronounce it as Slimy. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: February Cawfee Tea an a candle light supper « previous next »
Jump to: