Author Topic: Square Toed Boots  (Read 27923 times)

Offline TwoWalks Baldridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Square Toed Boots
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2012, 10:06:15 AM »
Hi,

These are not exactly square toed, but they were designed for SASS and are extremly comfy ...

http://www.fortwestern.com/fort-frontier-mens-rock-creek-frontier-range-boots/p/412293/

I really like mine ....

TTFN,

Wadd, how do they run for size? 
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2012, 10:21:48 AM »
Two Walks,

I wear an 11 1/2; and was sent 12s ( I think that they only had whole sizes). The soles seemed a little thin, so I tried adding a Dr. Scholl's Gel Pad to the boots, and they seem to have made them 1) much more comfortable 2.) closer to an 11 1/2 boot size and 3.) MUCH nicer to walk the gravel of the local SASS competitions and much nicer on the crushed gravel around Old Sacramento when reenacting.

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2012, 10:19:54 PM »
Wadd, how do they run for size? 

I'm not Wadd, but I own a pair of the Fort Western boots myself. They are great. I wear a size 8 1/2 or 9 and I bought a size 9 boot. The model I own are the Shooter boots and they are also called the Nebraskan. Color black. Here is a link to the site and the boots. They come in brown and black.
http://www.fortwestern.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1

Here is their other style. The Frontier Range style. They come in brown and black. http://www.fortwestern.com/fort-frontier-mens-rock-creek-frontier-range-boots/p/412294/

I am thinking of having my wife buy me a pair of the Frontier Range boots for Christmas this year. I put them on straight out of the box and they have been comfortable from minute one. The nice thing about them is, if you have large calves like me, they have a somewhat hidden panel that streaches for larger legs. Yet they look like regular boots.

They also have some great prices for the quality. The quality is outstanding in my opinion.
Ride Safe and Shoot Straight.
Rick.

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 03:08:23 PM »

Offline TwoWalks Baldridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2012, 07:46:58 AM »
Wadd and RickB, thanks for the reply.  I wear a 10 D, so it sounds like I should order that size.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Offline Eloy Santa Cruz

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2012, 01:18:19 PM »
@ Doc Holliday,
  I am considering the Boulet Stove Pipe Boots. How do you like yours, are they comfortable?
My monikor comes from my family's former ranch Santa Cruz Farms located outside Eloy, Arizona. The Santa Cruz river runs through the land.
    " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them" ---John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Offline HogDoc Olliday

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2012, 02:23:54 PM »
Eloy,
I love 'em. I wear them for cowboy action shooting, but I also wear them riding the Harley. I love them and they are very comfortable.
HogDoc Olliday
SASS #89965
"Born 100 Years too late"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com