Author Topic: 1849 Main match legal?  (Read 1482 times)

Offline Tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
1849 Main match legal?
« on: January 23, 2012, 01:23:21 PM »
I would like to get a small framed cartridge conversion one day (1849 or 1862 Police - Uberti's).  If I convert an 1849 to 32 s&w it would meet the caliber requirement but since the barrel is only 4", it is considered a pocket pistol thus it cannot by considered a main match pistol, right?.  If it had a 5.5" barrel would it be legal?  Would an Uberti 1862 police with a 4.5" barrel be legal, if converted and relined to .32 S&W?
I am not thinking of trying to do this to be a 'gamer', just to be pistol #4 in a Joesy Wales catagory.

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: 1849 Main match legal?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 01:36:33 PM »
Most small frame revolvers are considered pocket pistols and are not allowed as SASS main match pistols.  The exceptions are listed in the rules, Model P Jr. and the Ruger Single Six in .32.  The barrel length doesn't change the fact that it is a small frame revolver.  The 62 Police is, however, legal in the Frontiersman category and in the Plainsman side matches.  Josey Wales is not a SASS category.  It is simply something some local clubs do for fun.  Since it is not a category there are no hard and fast rules.  You can shoot whatever the local match director decides you can shoot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com