Author Topic: pietta trigger springs  (Read 4753 times)

Offline cheatin charlie

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
pietta trigger springs
« on: January 17, 2012, 06:33:43 PM »
I want to swap out the flat trigger springs that came with my 1851 Pietta Navies.  Does anybody know Where I can get
some piano wire springs that will fit?  I am doing the spring and plunger for the hand when the parts get here.  I have used
these pistols for SASS the last 3 years or so without trouble but would like to not have any broken springs during a match.
Thanks

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: pietta trigger springs
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 01:00:05 PM »
Charlie,

Well ......... I can't really recommend the wire trigger/bolt springs.  It's personal, but I just don't like the feel and I do think the wire springs contribute to throw-by.  I use the Pietta trigger/bolt springs as a light replacement spring for all the guns I do action work on.  That's a lot of guns by the way.
I do carry a supply of Trigger/bolt springs in my possables box "just in case."  In ten years, I've only had to replace stock Uberti, stock Colt and USFA springs.  I have yet to replace a Pietta spring.  However, I do recommend you carry a spare Trigger/Bolt spring around with you.  Murphy's Law.

Coffinmaker

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 01:41:46 PM »
Pretty much anything that fits a SAA will fit the Pietta 51's.  Pietta does make a VERY light leaf replacement spring.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:07:39 AM »

Offline cheatin charlie

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 04:29:59 PM »
Where would a person buy these light springs for a Pietta?  Wolff springs for Uberti open top's are too short.  Are the
ones for Colts longer?
Charlie

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 09:52:34 PM »
What springs are you talking about?  The main spring or the bolt/trigger?  I've dropped Heine bolt/trigger wire springs in a several of mine with no problem.  The Lee spring is sometimes to long, but is easy to shorten.  On my C&Bs the light Pietta spring (which is the same one as the GWIIs) was actually to light.

Offline cheatin charlie

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 04:41:53 AM »
I was refering to the bolt/trigger spring.  I did not know who made them for Pietta's but you have answered my question.
Thanks

Offline longinosoap

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 03:32:19 PM »
Sorry to change the subject (sort of), but what about the mainspring? Will the Pietta SAA mainspring fit the 1851? And what do you use if you have changed yours out? Love the gun but the hammer pull almost takes two thumbs.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 12:14:55 PM »

Depends.  If you have "cap guards"  and Treso nipples, you can go to light main springs.  I use light main springs from VTI or tune the stock spring.  If your shooting a stock BP '51 your stuck with stock springs.

Coffinmaker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com