Author Topic: Brisco County Jr  (Read 16261 times)

Offline RobMancebo

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Brisco County Jr
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2014, 07:53:03 PM »
Ah, yes,  BCJr.  A fun 'gaslamp' fantasy.  Western & scifi.  Coming from Medford, OR I used to see Bruce upon occasion.  He'd be at the local bookstore when his books came out or stop by Target to shop (The stars around Medford shop at Target-- I guess Hollywood doesn't pay all that well.)  It's worth while to see him in person because he's a hoot!  He's made all those bad 'B' movies with the Rami's that the students go crazy for so he's always got an audience who want to snipe at him.  He's really good at working the crowds for laughs. Go to see him if he's ever in your area, you'll have fun.  (Oh, his books are an interesting read too.  You know that he actually had to do a standing back flip for the casting director to get the role as Brisco County Jr?)

Because 'gaslamp fantasy' is such a wide open field it's always a surprise.  The writer can take the story anywhere and all s/he has to do is make the audience believe it 'might have happened'.  I loved that show because it was a Western, but you never quite knew where it was going to go. 

Rob

Offline CaptainFinn

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2014, 07:57:44 PM »
I was born in Michigan and have always had a soft spot for 'hometown boys' like Bruce Campbell and the Raimi brothers.  Brisco County was one of my favorite shows back in the 90's when I was away at college. 

Brisco was filmed on the old Laramie street set.  The house and motel from 'Psycho' overlook the town.  The Bates Motel was used as a Spanish hacienda in the episode with the Mexican revolutionaries, and the Bates house was used in the 'Bad Luck Betty' episode.  The Laramie Street set was torn down at the end of season one to make a parking lot for the fox ADR studio (it can be seen behind some trees in a few shots on main street).  Ironically, Campbell says the cast did post-production dubbing in the ADR for the episodes, parking there cars where the Laramie set had once been.

I always wanted to find a close-up of the ivory oriental carved grips on Brisco's revolver.  Love to find out who made them.

Offline Houston

• Rookie
  • Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2014, 11:00:03 PM »
I had no idea that Bruce Campbell was in That show until last year. Loved him on Burn Notice as well.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 04:54:47 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com