Author Topic: Pedersoli sight replacement  (Read 6446 times)

Offline aalmcc4

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Pedersoli sight replacement
« on: January 15, 2012, 08:18:23 PM »
I have a Pedersoli Sharps replica.  Don't know the name of the specific model, but got it new @ Cabelas.  Has a straight checkered stock and 32" barrel in 45-70.

Anyway, I want to get decent sights. 

Question, what is the tand screw spacing for the tang sight base?

What is the size of the rear sight dovetail as well as the front sight dovetail.

I want good sights (probably MVAs) and would like to know if they have what I need for this Pedersoli.

Anyone have a Pedersoli with MVAs or other quality sights?  Feel free to post pics!

Thanks guys.

Offline Ranch 13

• Top Active Citizen
    • Historic Shooting.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
Re: Pedersoli sight replacement
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 10:34:47 PM »
Either check the MVA website or call them in the morning. They'll be able to fix you right up.
Eat more beef the west wasn't won on a salad.

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 11:20:35 PM »
Hi,

I have a Pedersoli Remington rolling block reproduction that I put MVA front-site-with-bublle and Soule Style rear site on.

And I did exactly what Ranch 13 said to do ... I called them (there is also an email contact us on their website). The people there were quite knowledgeable about Pedersolis and the only thing they needed was the center-to-center measurements of the tang screws .... if I remember correctly it was about 2 1/4" on mine ... and then I sent them the Allen screws on my tang so they knew what TPI size to send me .... I believe Pedersoli uses several different sizes ...

Here is a pic of mine with the MVA sites on board:

Here is their website; at the top of the homepage is a Contact link the brings up an email address, ph# and snail mail address:

http://www.montanavintagearms.com/
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:14:42 AM »

Offline aalmcc4

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 11:39:13 AM »
Thanks gentlemen.  I will contact MVA.

Offline AlaskaJack

• NCOWS Member
  • Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 11:14:14 PM »
I have a Uberti Sharps 1874 replica which was really made by Pedersoli.  45-70 34" barrel, etc.  The tang site that came with it is still in the box as that is the only fit place for it.  I ran into a deal on a C Sharps long range tang sight at a gun show complete with screws from C Sharps.  It screwed right on.....no mods or different screws needed....works like a champ and it is solid quality.
NRA Endowment Member
SASS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com