Author Topic: Looking for Stoeger Coach Gun Supreme, 12g, Stainless receiver, Single Trigger  (Read 12180 times)

Offline rbertalotto

• Top Active Citizen
    • RVB Precision
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Anyone know who has Stoeger Coach Gun Supreme, 12g, Stainless receiver, Single Trigger in stock.........??

What have you folks paid for this shotgun?

THANKS!
Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

3Fingers_Murphy

I have the stainless with blue barrels, paid $435 for it. It has a recoil pad and a single trigger. Got it at the Cabelas in Glendale.

Offline rbertalotto

• Top Active Citizen
    • RVB Precision
  • Liked:
Excactly what I'm looking for..........Closest Cabelas to me is 2 hours away...... :(
Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

Advertising

Offline joec

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Here is another source for you. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/37_956/Stoeger/ I got mine there for $318 single trigger, 20 ga blued finish. However it is local for me so figure adding you FFL charges to the total of which ever you like. I think shipping is free but not really sure at this time.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Dick's carries Stoeger and has them on sale relatively frequently.  (In other words, they are on sale when you are NOT looking for one. ;) )

Offline El Jefe

• Citizen
    • Cowboy Action Shooting - Deep in the Heart of Texas
  • Liked:
Able's Ammo in Huntsville, Texas carries Stoeger single-trigger coach guns in stock.

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/stoeger-coach-shotguns-sale-online-from-stoeger-firearms-c-9935_13769_6207_6225.html
Regards from Texas

Jeff Lynch
SASS #: 93751
SASS Alias: Colonel Benjamin Terry (Texas Rangers)

CAS Blog: http://cowboyshooting.wordpress.com

Offline rickk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Stoeger's web site I believe has a dealer locator on it.

Any Stocking Stoeger Dealer can special order a gun for you if they don't have the wanted model in stock.

If they aren't a stocking dealer they cant get it. Stoeger is factory direct.

To be a stocking dealer they have to place one really big order at the beginning of each year. That allows them to buy them one at a time for the rest of the year.

If you can find a "Stocking Dealer" who is about to place his really big annual order, he may give you a good price because he won't have to hang onto it for months as inventory.

rbertalotto , I notice you live in Massachusetts...

Try
R&R Sporting goods in Belchertown or AAA guns in West Springfield .  They both gave me the same price and it was pretty much as low as one can get it for.

I bought one Stoeger from each place.

I would go to Rich at R&R first. I made the arrangements by email, called to give him a credit card number and then drove to Belchertown once to pick it up when it came in. He got it in about a week. He is a nice guy to deal with.

AAA in West Springfield took while a while longer. I think he maybe held off on placing the order for a month or so until his "once a year big order" time came.

Rick

Offline joec

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Bud's got me the 20 ga Coach length in one day of calling them. They had several in stock at their store not show on their site at the time. Oh and I paid $318 NIB + 6% sales tax at the time in store. Shipping would of been free however I live ten minutes from them. There are several other gun shops around here that carry them also though not at Bud's prices.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Just an FYI.  If you are planning to use this for cowboy shooting be aware that the Stoeger single trigger is not terribly reliable and such a goofy set-up that few people can fix them.

Offline rickk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Pettifogger... I had one, and got almost personal with the Stoeger techs.

The design is finicky... sensitive to trigger pull techniques.

I have an Ithaca (Lefevre) single trigger... works well.

I sent several months trying to acclimate myself to the Stoeger single trigger... it didn't work for me.

The Stoeger repair people could not get it to not work. it worked 100% of the time for them on two trips back to the repair place.

I sort of believe them.

If one has shot a lot of precision rifle or handgun, the trigger pull on a Stoeger single trigger will be hard (impossible) to adjust to.

I gave up, but others have done well with it.

controversial for sure.

Offline rickk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Rbertalotto, how did you make out? Any luck?

Rick

Offline rbertalotto

• Top Active Citizen
    • RVB Precision
  • Liked:
Nope! Haven't found one yet.

I know about the issue with the single trigger, but I love a gunsmithing challenge!

I might just end up buying a double trigger as there are a few around on the used lists.

Plenty of time as there is a foot of snow on the ground now!
Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Nope! Haven't found one yet.

I know about the issue with the single trigger, but I love a gunsmithing challenge!

I might just end up buying a double trigger as there are a few around on the used lists.

Plenty of time as there is a foot of snow on the ground now!

It's not so much a gunsmithing challenge, it is more of a metaphysics problem.  The "mechanism" is remarkable simple in concept.  It's just that the concept itself is bad.  If you are shooting CAS, then the double triggers are the way to go.

Offline rickk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
There is not enough travel between where the trigger "breaks" and where it "resets" for the second barrel. It can bounce back, reset, and fire the second barrel without any perception of it happening if you are a "squeezer" rather than a "jerker". It sounds like they both went off simultaneously.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com