Author Topic: How strange is that!!  (Read 4256 times)

Offline Paladin UK

• UK`s 1st Warthog
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Have Gun.. "Might Travel"
    • White Knight Ranch... Homestead of Paladin UK
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
How strange is that!!
« on: January 21, 2012, 01:38:14 PM »
How strange is that!!...........

On Sunday I tried a little `speriment, filled 5 chambers on one of my 1860`s with 21gns FFG and  a lubed wad and popped a 454 pill  atop of it
The other again filled 5 chambers with the above but topped up with semolina so the ball was flush with the chamber mouth. The load with the semilina seemed to have a bit more recoil but accuaracy wise....
 there was no difference!!              Now I said `seemed` becuase I could not be absolutly sure there was more recoil!!
The next time we are at the range I`m gonna ask Ned ta see iffn he could feel any difference  ::) Also, the 21gns really did the business which is good news fer the gun!

Paladin (What dont like winter  :( ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
 MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Offline Grapeshot

• Grapeshot. Cpt US Artillery
  • Top Active Citizen
  • WARTHOG
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: How strange is that!!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 11:38:24 AM »
The extra recoil you experienced is due to the extra mass of the semilina.  You were expelling more weight with it than you were with just the roundball.  Also you may have compressed the powder a bit more causing it to burn more efficiently producing more gas pressure as well.
Listen!  Do you hear that?  The roar of Cannons and the screams of the dying.  Ahh!  Music to my ears.

Offline Paladin UK

• UK`s 1st Warthog
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Have Gun.. "Might Travel"
    • White Knight Ranch... Homestead of Paladin UK
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 02:35:41 PM »
Fer Grapeshot..

Thanks for the input pard I was beginning to wonder iffn SHOTS was becoming a lame duck!! :o

What I am going to do hope (Hopefully) this Sunday is Chrono the same loads to see iffn there is any velocity difference, cos as of now I am more than happy using 21gns, without the semolina but iffn the semolina makes PUK`s Balls fly faster then by God semolina it will be!!

Paladin (What lurvs `sperimentin  ;) ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
 MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:27:00 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com