Author Topic: Keeper of the Rank.  (Read 21969 times)

Offline TwoWalks Baldridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Keeper of the Rank.
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, 01:25:30 PM »
Sir Charles deMouton-Black, I have copied THE BLACK COVENANT and await further directions.  Like Steel Horse I offer my services as well.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 396
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2011, 09:46:16 AM »
Sir Charles deMouton-Black, I have copied THE BLACK COVENANT and await further directions.  Like Steel Horse I offer my services as well.

How about being a PALADIN?  Perhaps you and Steel Horse Bailey could try to get a seel or crest organized, and get the Covenant put in pdf form.

Any thoughts as to distinctive items of dress or badges?  I purchased a black scarf with the idea of wearing as a black sash. Perhaps it could also be worn over the right shoulder to the left hip? 
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Offline Border Ruffian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2011, 04:36:29 PM »
Curriculum Vitae
Border Ruffian

Border Ruffian has participated as a soldier in two military campaigns in desert sands against the evil terrorists.  Border Ruffian is a life member of the VFW and NRA; he is also a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans.  He has a keen interest in his ancestors’ participation in the War of Secession and its weapons. Border Ruffian is also a member of the Order of St. Barbara. He has owned and fired Holy Black weapons for 18 years.

Border Ruffian participates or officiates in three Holy Black Revolver Matches per year.  He has promoted the use of Holy Black and has increased participation in these events.  In addition, he has designed two shooting kits and has communicated this information to new disciples of the Holy Black. 

Border Ruffian casts his own shot, and fabricated his own combustible Holy Black paper cartridges for cap and ball revolvers, including the mighty Colt Walker, the wonderful Colt Dragoon, the matchless 1851 Navy, modern 1860 Army, and rebellious Griswold and Gunnison.

Border Ruffian also fabricates Holy black cartridges for an original Sharps New Model 1863 Sharps converted to 50-70, three models of 1873 Springfield, and a 577-450 Martini-Henry.
http://oldschoolguns.blogspot.com/  A place for Classic Firearms

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 02:25:11 AM »

Offline Buzzard II

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2011, 04:56:22 PM »
Hi Dick,
I think I qualify as a Dark Lord of the Soot.  I started shooting gunpowder (the only real one) in 1964 in high school.  I was a New Jersey hunter education instructor, and Team Leader for muzzleloader rifle for 15 years.  My cap guns are long gone, but I do remember fuzzy black and white westerns from the 1950's. I am a Company Quartermaster Sgt. in Battery B, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery (N-SSA) and our team competes with a repro 10 lb.Parrot-truly a crowd pleaser!   Thanks!  Have a Happy New Year!  Bob
SMOKLESS POWDER IS JUST A PASSING FAD!
NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER
SASS LIFE MEMBER-AKA "BUCK HUNTER"
N-SSA  CO. QM SGT- 1st NJ LIGHT ARTILLERY-BATTERY B
GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA LIFE MEMBER
NRA CERTIFIED PISTOL INSTRUCTOR
NRA CERTIFIED RANGE SAFETY OFFICER
FORMER N.J. HUNTER ED. INSTRUCTOR/TEAM LEADER

Offline Bottom Dealin Mike

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2011, 05:13:46 PM »
I personally think Hellgate deserves Grand High Dark Lord of the Soot status.

Offline The Elderly Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2011, 05:22:38 PM »
Can I be Grand Wazoo?

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 10:26:11 AM »
Elderly Kid,
Can you play the Kazoo?  (Stoopid rhyming humour attempt)

Let's keep this one alive, Brother Soot Shooters!  Due to recent activity in other places and/or posts, this has presented itself back into the spotlight ... where it deserves to reside permanently.  As I'm sure of many or all of "the Faithful," including myself have made much glorious white plumes of smoke since this Covenant was so excellently written by our esteemed Brother, Sir Charles (again, no abbreviation - are you impressed?  ;) ) deMouton-Black we need to continue "carrying" the flag of the One TRUE Powder wherever we shoot.  I have not shot as much as I would have liked, but I have properly dispensed about 2 to 2.5 pounds of some wonderful black powder in the last year or 2.  Not much compared to some of you, I know, but in that I dispensed it at 23.3 grains increments mostly, 44 Colt (approx. weight ONLY as I measure by volume, not pure weight) and at suitable targets.  Mostly steel heathens but an occasional paper law-breaker as well.  I have - yet again - introduced  another neophyte into the joys and satisfaction of shooting Black Powder, or Wholly Black as I like to think of it.

Keep up the good work!

Steel Horse Bailey
Dark Lord of the Soot
Treasurer, SMVS (Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society) Martinsville, Indiana
http://www.scarletmaskvigilancesociety.com/Members%20Page%201.html

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2014, 07:16:57 AM »
Steelhorse,

I completely agree and have been working quietly, but diligently behind the scenes to initiate others to the dark side.  I have a new convert who is beginning to feel the seduction of "the force".  We have about 6 folks in our club that regularly shoot black powder, so you can hear and see the lovely smoke and fire from most anywhere during a match.

However, I must encourage you to step up your game a little, also!  ;)  I consume about 2 pounds of BP every month, and feel you could probably provide a little more assistance in keeping Goex in business!  ;D
SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes

Offline Shawnee McGrutt

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2014, 08:51:56 AM »
I showed a fellow shooter the joy of soot making, yesterday.  Before we left the range, he was looking at the c&b's in the case.  When he took his first shot, he was ear to ear ;D, the fire made him :o, and the beautiful white smoke :D.  He could only say, cool 8).  Was going home to schmooze the Mrs. :-*, to get her to say ok, to a new gun.
Blackpowder Burn, you said you consume 2 pounds of BP per month,(in your coffee or on your Wheaties), how much of it do you shoot?  I'll try it in my coffee, got to keep Goex in business.
Keep your powder dry
Shawnee
National Congress of Old West Shootists 3633
Single Action Shooting Society 88462
Society of Remington Revolver Shooters
The Sublyme and Holy Order of the Soot
"I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question." - Yogi Berra

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2014, 10:09:05 AM »
I "consume" it in ROA's at 35 grains per cylinder, original Colt SAA's in 45 Colt, original Win'73 in 38-40, Lightnings (rifle type) in 44-40, 38-55, 45-70, 40-65 and 12 gauge shotgun.

I've also recently introduced a couple of folks to cap'n ball shooting and one to long range rifle.

It's great to see the big grin on their face when they ding a 200-yard rifle target with a Marlin 38-55 or a C Sharps 45-70 carbine. ;D
Learned Brother at Armes

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2014, 01:42:58 AM »
Sooty Brothers BP Burn & Shawnee Mc. good job, pards!  Keep introducing the "young-uns" (of all ages) to the joys of shooting BP.  They will thank you later, if not already!

Personally, I've introduced a couple shooters since this Organization began.  You can NOT have too many BP shooters.  Shooting ANYTHING is fun:  shooting BP just maximizes that fun!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Truly Grits

• Very Active Citizen
  • THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2014, 04:47:41 PM »
I'm not quite sure what I love the best, the boom, the smoke, the smell, or the grin on the face of someone who has never shot anything before; after they touch off my Kentucky Long Rifle Sparker.   ;)

Cheers!
A wise person once said ...
There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good.
So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't.
Life is too short to be anything but happy.
Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living. Cheers!

Offline Truly Grits

• Very Active Citizen
  • THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2014, 01:06:10 PM »
Introduced a new Padawan pair (married couple) to the mysteries of the Holy Black, on the weekend. Yup! It's the grin! Cheshire Cat has nothing on that smile! 45/70 Rolling Block to hook; 50 cal Kentucky Flintlock reels them in.....everytime! Venison BBQ after shoot and they are ours........ ;D

Cheers!
A wise person once said ...
There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good.
So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't.
Life is too short to be anything but happy.
Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living. Cheers!

Offline Thumb Buster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2014, 04:00:56 PM »
There is nothing quite like the expressions on faces of young 'plastic-gun' shooters when they first fire one of my C&B revolvers.  "Can you even hit anything with them?"  "It worked for great grand-daddy during the war."  "World War II?"  "No about eighty years before that."  " ???"  Then, on occasion they ask to see it loaded.  "Well, heck!  Here I'll let you load it!"  Walk 'em through the loading process and then they shoot their own loaded round.  The resulting grins are well worth it.  It's almost like ministering to the misguided.   ;D  There was only one person who was startled with the smoke, flame and BOOM instead of the 'POP'.  It's something else on an indoor range when the ventilation system can't keep up.   ::)
"Those who pound their guns into plowshears will plow for those who didn't"  --Thomas Jefferson

Offline Yakima Red

• NCOWS Member
  • Very Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15539
  • NCOWS #: 1169
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2014, 02:51:38 PM »
Forgive me brothers for I have made a transgression and I must testify before this gathering. I loaded 100 rounds of 44/40 with heathen propellant for another shooter last night. I have led another down the wrong path. I seek forgiveness and will make this transgression right by turning said shooter to the dark arts.

Reduce my rank to Soot Lord (hangs head in disgrace)
Director, Colters Hell Justice Committee WSAS.
Wyoming Single Action Shooters.
SASS, NCOWS, NRA Life Endowment.
Certified NRA Firearms Instructor.
2008 NRA Wyoming volunteer of the year.
Creator of miracles.
"Let us then...under God, trust our cause to our swords. ~Samuel Adams

Offline Shawnee McGrutt

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2014, 06:27:32 PM »
Say what?  ???  Yakima Red, I would hang my head, too. thought I felt a tremor last evening.  Do you really think just a reduction in rank is enough punishment?  Be glad that I can't dish out judgement.  I would give you fifty lashes with a wet noodle. :o. You might  wish that you just kept you sins to yourself. :-X.   I would have, I don't think  these guys are to be toyed with.  I won't tell on you, maybe you will get lucky and no one will read this.
Keep your powder dry, and always black, no sissy stuff
Shawnee
National Congress of Old West Shootists 3633
Single Action Shooting Society 88462
Society of Remington Revolver Shooters
The Sublyme and Holy Order of the Soot
"I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question." - Yogi Berra

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2014, 10:05:29 PM »
Ah, but I sense a deeper plan on the part of Brother Yakima.  I predict he is luring the acolyte to use of the proper cartridge in preparation for his journey to the Dark Side.  ;) Once he understands the use of bottled necks, he will begin to feel the powerful call of the Black.  :o 
Learned Brother at Armes

Offline Yakima Red

• NCOWS Member
  • Very Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15539
  • NCOWS #: 1169
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2014, 02:01:12 PM »
I have turned another to the dark side. Together we shall be invincible!!

(or at least have more fun)
Director, Colters Hell Justice Committee WSAS.
Wyoming Single Action Shooters.
SASS, NCOWS, NRA Life Endowment.
Certified NRA Firearms Instructor.
2008 NRA Wyoming volunteer of the year.
Creator of miracles.
"Let us then...under God, trust our cause to our swords. ~Samuel Adams

Offline Paladin UK

• UK`s 1st Warthog
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Have Gun.. "Might Travel"
    • White Knight Ranch... Homestead of Paladin UK
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2014, 01:20:04 PM »
Fer..Yakima Red

I have turned another to the dark side.

And so we will continue to flourish and grow, and betwixt us we will rid the world of that .....
NASTY.... HEATHEN ....UNGODLY

Smokeyless powder

Paladin (Whats jest taken his meds `n feels much better now  ;) ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
 MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Master of the Dark Arts - MDA
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2014, 04:46:31 PM »
Ho PUK, that heathen fad smokeyless powder will never last.  Sooner or later shooters come to the dark side.  Far and away more grins when shooting the Genuine Powder.  Ever notice how many publications prefer photos of Pure Powder shooters.

DD-MDA
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com