Author Topic: Need A Remington Holster  (Read 8914 times)

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Need A Remington Holster
« on: December 24, 2011, 01:01:04 PM »
I am the proud owner of a Remington 1875 with a 7 1/2" barrel. I don't have anything to carry it in, I'm looking for a plain simple heavy holster. I really want a Slim Jim type but a Mexican Loop type would do. I haven't seen anything locally. Any suggestions?
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
Re: Need A Remington Holster
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 01:14:55 PM »
Shotgun Franklin,

I have really enjoyed owning several of Will Ghormley's holsters ... one of which was a Sim Jim made to for my '51 Colt ... and the floral carving is directly from a pattern in 'Packing Iron' ... I am sure he could make a similr one for your '75 Remington ... plus at Christmas time, I am guessing you will be paying off a Christmas present for Will's Family ....

Here is Will's webpage on holsters ... his email is on the bottom of the page:

http://www.willghormley-maker.com/Holsters.html
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 02:10:10 PM »

This here is my Will Ghormley Jesse rig.  I am sure ya could get one from him, or get the pattern if yer good with leather

here is another rig I had made by RedDog Leather. It is also made from a pattern found in Packin Iron

merry Cmas to ya all

curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:25:05 PM »

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 03:52:29 PM »
Thanks guys.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline Mordecai Scarlett

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 09:51:16 AM »
Howdy,

Here's my set with subtle border stamping from Cochise Leather (www.cochiseleather.com).  They are for my 1858's, and the fit is great.  They give a smooth, classic appearance to the rig.  The belt, pouches, and knife are all custom made.

www.riverjunction.com also offers period correct holsters for the Remington 1858 and 1875.

Just some more options for you.  Happy shopping!  We'll be wait'n to see what you end up git'n.
Mordecai

Offline rbertalotto

• Top Active Citizen
    • RVB Precision
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 05:26:42 AM »
If you don't want to spend big $$, Cabelas has your holster for under $25.

I bought all my leather from https://westernandwildlifewonders.com and could not be more pleased with the service, price and quality.

A complete two gun rig is under $175 including shipping.

I have a set of Ruger New Model Vaqueros and a set of 1858 Remingtons. Both with 5.5" barrels and they both fit nicely into the "Bounty Hunter" holsters from WWW...........

The above rig was $168..........
Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 08:14:32 PM »
I did go on the above website ... and it looks like a helluva deal for a Slim Jim holster and a money belt @ $127.50 ...

http://westernandwildlifewonders.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=306&osCsid=eb0a2fbfb1a47b41f8d4d88f4a95c91d
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com