Author Topic: WARNING!!! Cultured Cowboy web site.  (Read 28875 times)

1961MJS

Re: WARNING!!! Cultured Cowboy web site.
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 10:14:51 PM »
Thanks for posting the warning. 

While on this subject . . . has anyone done business with http://oldfrontier.com/ ?   

On line there stuff looks really good and I've been thinking of getting a tweed frock coat from them. 

Hi

I bought an Old Frontier frock coat from Mike Moore of Buckaroo Hatters in Covington TN.  The coat is very nice.  It's an Old West style coat, but the wool isn't nearly as thick as a Civil War frock coat, it feels more like a modern wool suite coat.  I like it, but I haven't worn it much yet. 

I'd post a picture, but I don't have long enough arms...   ;D

Mike
Norman OK

Offline Brandovibe

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2013, 01:37:46 PM »
Yep, had some issues with them as well.

I was asking some questions about a product when the owner Chuck, started getting annoyed and basically has this attitude that screams "either order from me or don't, i dont care, but you are asking too many questions" Well because i couldnt ask allt he questions i needed to, i would up getting the wrong item sent to me. I followed their instructions to return something but was never credited. I called, left messages and emailed the same address that before i got answers on immediately, nothing. I tried for months and months to reach them, nothing.

After about 6 months i had to lodge a complaint with the better business bureau. Amazingly enough, someone from the cultured cowboy finally contacted me.

The owner claims to be a holy roller, always mentioning God, yet has terrible business practices and ignored many voice mails and emails to his personal address which he always answered me from int he past. Beware.....

Offline Handsome James

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2013, 01:34:13 PM »
Just to add my two cents - I had a similar experience. Bought a hat, they sent the wrong size. I spoke to "Chuck" on the phone, returned the hat in accordance with his instructions, never heard anything further from them. Took it up with MasterCard, got a letter from them stating "We were unable to speak to anyone willing to assist us in resolving this matter on your behalf." I'm out $128.88.

It's been my experience that, anytime you deal with an internet firm that makes a big thing about their Christian faith, you're about five times more likely to get screwed. I'll take an honest atheist over a dishonest crook hiding behind his "Christian" faith any day of the week.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:00:55 PM »

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2013, 02:13:06 PM »
That goes for dentists to ;D :D that dirty rottin tooth etracting bum!! >:( I made him put them all back though ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Maui Mick

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2013, 12:00:20 PM »
I had the same problem with Cultured Cowboy. Empty promise after empty promise, After 7 months ofpromises on a hat (not Custom) finally cancelled order. Don't get sucked in by the websites intro as to customer sevice and customer care, honesty thats all "Hog Wash". Best to stay clear. I generally try to stay clear of naming names, but since the topic came up, I might as well give my two bits.

Offline Jack Wilson

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2013, 05:13:23 AM »
 :o
WOW!  I reckon if you go to visit Cultured Cowboy to resolve their thieving problems, you better carry your pistola.

I just went on line to check out this place and got a real eye-opener!  

http://gwdtoday.com/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=27&ArticleID=23837

I reckon they don't cotton to criticism or for settling up.

"A 21-year-old woman was stabbed multiple times at Cultured Cowboy Tuesday afternoon following a verbal altercation with another woman who has a child with the owner.”

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2013, 10:26:32 AM »
Sounds pretty much like a drug front!
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 11:50:30 AM »
Wow, I'm not sure why you make that statement about a drug front.  There is nothing in the article that mentions anything about drugs at all.

However, it's besy to check the BBB before placing online orders.
http://www.bbb.org/nw-south-carolina/Business-Reviews/general-merchandise-retail/cultured-cowboy-in-greenwood-sc-11000414/complaints#breakdown
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2013, 11:55:34 AM »
Just a gut feeling,if not meant to be they usually end up that way from what i have seen.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 12:42:25 PM »
CLR,

Do you have any personal experiences with these folks?

I don't, so I cannot add anything to this discussion one way or the other. But, would very much like to know what to watch out for.
My best,
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2013, 10:11:24 PM »
Just one instance of what happens here and what you don't hear about when you have a Lt.in the family.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=9357309
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com