Author Topic: WARNING!!! Cultured Cowboy web site.  (Read 28821 times)

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
WARNING!!! Cultured Cowboy web site.
« on: December 10, 2011, 03:07:44 AM »
I just did some dealing with a web site called Cultured Cowboy. They sell clothes and other CAS style things. Their web site is full of cool looking stuff and the prices were pretty good.

I called them and placed an order for a Wah Maker frock coat with the red dragon lining. 100% wool. I spoke with a pleasant guy on the phone who was very eager to help me place my order.

The next day I received an e-mail saying that they had the size I needed and were going to ship it out the next day. That was November 22nd. I asked them for a tracking number and they said that the coat would be on my door step on Mon or Tuesday the next week, and that they could only get the tracking number on Wed of that week so my coat would arrive before they could get me the tracking number.  ???

I waited and waited, the next week Monday went by. No coat.
Tuesday went by...... no coat.
Wednesday I e-mailed them because still no coat. No e-mail reply.
Thursday I e-mailed them again. Still no coat and I wanted the tracking number. No reply
Friday I called them 3 times and no answer on their end. Still no coat. Finally after about 5 tries I got someone. A woman answered and asked if she could help me. I was rather P.O.d so I was very assertive with her and told her I was not pleased with how they were dealing with my order. I also told her that I read some postings by other customers of theirs and they had a very bad reputation among customers. She was giving me the feeling I was no big deal. I heard the man who I spoke with to order my coat in the background. I told her that I read that they had a lot of customers who were saying that they take their money and never send the item. I told them I would contact my state AG to let them know this place was ripping off customers. That is when they started treating me with a little more attention.

I found out from the woman that they were having Wah Maker send my coat directly from their place of business and Cultured Cowboy wasn't handling it themselves. Like they were saying "you can't hold us responsible". I told them I would hold them responsible and told them I would press charges if my coat weren't shipped and the tracking number given via e-mail. She called Wah Maker and found out that the coat hadn't shipped yet.  >:(

I gave her my instructions as to how she was going to get this coat to me and I wasn't very pleasant about it. Even after insisting for the tracking number it took me 3 more phone calls over the next 3 days before they finally e-mailed it to me.

Well to be making a long story complete the coat finally arrived today. It is great Wah Maker quality.

I guess the moral of the story from me is AVOID CULTURED COWBOY. They give the attitude that they don't care about the customer and they don't care about your order once they have the money. Too many other customers saying they lost money or had these people treat them like dirt.

So I wanted to pass on this information so you don't waist your time buying goods from them. They are trouble.
Ride Safe and Shoot Straight.
Rick.

Offline Sam Cobra

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: WARNING!!! Cultured Cowboy web site.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 07:18:32 AM »
Thanks for the info!

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 169
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 08:20:47 AM »
Wild West Mercantile in Mesa, AZ is a great place ta do yer cowboy shoppin. I bought from them at the SASS show and they made a mistake on the order. I went back to pay the difference and was told that it was their mistake. They do sell Wah Maker merchandise also. Very friendly and helpful people. WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:34:46 PM »

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 11:47:09 AM »
Wild West Mercantile in Mesa, AZ is a great place ta do yer cowboy shoppin. I bought from them at the SASS show and they made a mistake on the order. I went back to pay the difference and was told that it was their mistake. They do sell Wah Maker merchandice also. Very friendly and helpful people. WM

Yes. I've used them a couple times and they are quality folks. Items I ordered just as described and fast shipping. Good people to deal with.

Another I would recommend is http://www.gentlemansemporium.com/wah-maker.php
Gentelmans Emporium is a great place to buy clothes and items. I've also done a good deal of business with them and would recommend them highly.
Rick.

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 07:04:34 PM »
All the websites do the same thing,you just put your name on it and get a commission on the sales,there are ALOT of websites that do it,you can't be garunteed the right fit either,now try to figure out how you order a computer from Walmart they tell you it will be at least 5-7 days but it's on your doorstep the next day before your order is processed,we did that with a lap top for our duaghter,but we started thinking she may not need one and our tv is going out,wife took it back and Walmart didn't even show it ordered,the gal told my wife if she were dishonest she could have canceled the order and got a free lap top..I wonder how many scum bags have figured that out,and we will have to bail out Walmart and others next year??????Well went back and got the lap top,duaghter needs one after all,got a pretty good one that was bundled even cheaper.It was an HP Ebay, girl Meg Whitman runs HP..HMMMMMMMMMM????
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 07:10:45 PM »
What Rick and Wildman said two of the best that i know of..

Found this on thier website :D :D :D

The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Nokose Fixico

• Active citizen
  • SASS #: 32152
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 07:45:30 PM »
Now if this is the same Cultured Cowboy in the upstate of South Carolina I have been in that store and I know the owner. *Rolling Eyes* Well, I will nice and say that I shocked that they found the phone when you called.
Bob "Nokose" Fixico

Offline Wolfgang

• Top Active Citizen
    • The Desperate Hot Springs News
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 09:27:03 PM »
Thanks for posting the warning. 

While on this subject . . . has anyone done business with http://oldfrontier.com/ ?   

On line there stuff looks really good and I've been thinking of getting a tweed frock coat from them. 
Beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it.

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 08:03:48 PM »
Now if this is the same Cultured Cowboy in the upstate of South Carolina I have been in that store and I know the owner. *Rolling Eyes* Well, I will nice and say that I shocked that they found the phone when you called.

Yep it's the same place. It was an effort to get them to answer the phone and I could tell that when they did the last thing they wanted to do was hear from me. They are rude and liars. I only got my coat after I started threatening them with contacting the Postmaster and my states Attourney General and filing a complaint of fraud with them. At first they refused to supply me with the tracking info for my shipment. Then they said they had it but couldn't e-mail it to me. Then they finally did get me one. It took me weeks to get that far. I suspect that they hadn't even ordered the item until I started demanding the tracking number. I now have the coat and it is great. I had to have the sleeves altered to fit but it is a great coat. What else would you expect from WahMaker?

Rick.

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 08:16:21 PM »
Thanks for posting the warning. 

While on this subject . . . has anyone done business with http://oldfrontier.com/ ?   

On line there stuff looks really good and I've been thinking of getting a tweed frock coat from them. 

They appear to be a good company but I know that looks can be deceiving. Check around the web and see if you can find any customer reviews or comments about them. I did that but after I had already made the mistake of ordering from CC. The fact I was getting information from them that just didn't jibe was what made me start checking up on them.

I remember seeing the Old Frontier site when I was looking for a Frock Coat. I didn't go with them because the style they had wasn't what I was looking for.

Check them out and good luck.
Rick.

Offline Wolfgang

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 04:28:23 AM »
They appear to be a good company but I know that looks can be deceiving. Check around the web and see if you can find any customer reviews or comments about them. I did that but after I had already made the mistake of ordering from CC. The fact I was getting information from them that just didn't jibe was what made me start checking up on them.

I remember seeing the Old Frontier site when I was looking for a Frock Coat. I didn't go with them because the style they had wasn't what I was looking for.

Check them out and good luck.

Yes ... they look good . . but I've never heered of anyone actually doing business with them.  But I'm not in any hurry for a more "dress up" outfit.  Just figure to get one sometime.  I have every thing for "dress up" but a frock coat and when we have a "dressed up scene" in a film here at the ranch I borrow a coat from Wardrobe. 

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 02:48:44 PM »
Just a little tidbit,i have a nephew up north that used to get paid for putting up positive reviews.That was a few years ago and i know he doesn't do it anymore but i don't know if some still do it.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 07:31:07 PM »
Well, I must admit, I've been wanting a nice frock coat for a long time and now I finally got one that is a keeper. The label in the coat says it is a limited edition WahMaker coat with a red dragon lining. The coat is 100% wool and the inside lining is really really nice. It looks very period. It's also very warm. You can see it in my profile picture, but I'll include the picture on this post so show off my Christmas present (from my wife. Love you gal).

Rick, that is something that should be outlawed. Posting favorable posts saying a company is good when it's not is just criminal. But that's just my opinion. I know that on the site for CC they had nothing but good comments from buyers. I didn't find the bad comments/reviews until I went to the web and did a search and found the negative comments on other sites complaining about getting treated the same way I was. This is why I didn't try to post on their site, I did it here where like minded people hang out.

Rick.

Offline Wolfgang

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 03:33:30 AM »
RickB . . . nice coat . . .  :)

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 06:48:18 AM »
Two suttlers whom I know personally and give first rate service are:

http://www.oldscyene.com/

http://www.hamiltondrygoods.com/

You'll get 1st rate service and goods from both of these outfits.  95% of my CAS duds come from those retailers.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Offline joec

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 07:26:09 AM »
Wild West Mercantile in Mesa, AZ is a great place ta do yer cowboy shoppin. I bought from them at the SASS show and they made a mistake on the order. I went back to pay the difference and was told that it was their mistake. They do sell Wah Maker merchandise also. Very friendly and helpful people. WM

I agree and buy from them almost exclusively now.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 09:27:51 AM »
RickB . . . nice coat . . .  :)

Thank you. I am enjoying it as part of my outfit. During the cooler months we shoot I am sure I'll get plenty of use out of it.

Just having it makes me want to be in my cowboy duds more now. Those clothes sure are comfortable.

Rick.

Offline marcus5ryan

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 03:53:06 PM »
I don't think any companies perfect, and i also don't think customers go out of their easy to post positive comments enough when they are happy.  (reason for this response)  I called Cultured cowboy in 2010 January.  I talked to chuck (i believe he's the owner)  i told him i wanted a saddle custom made with this, that, this, that and that e t c.  I paid a five hundred dollar deposit and promised to pay it off within a month after saddle was made, i ordered custom breast collar, head stall real ostrich, wanted rawhide rapped wood tee, special size that want offered  e t c  .  A l l in all they were extremly patient, knowledgeable, etc.  long sorry short, i still haven't paid the balance of my saddle and Chuck just told me don't worry about it, he's got my saddle and it will be waiting for me.  TWO YEARS later and he's working with me still.  DOESN'T SOUND like a compost that's n the business to rip anyone off.  They would have been well within their rights to keep my deposit and tell me its been sold, because off my faulting in initial agreement. But they.didn't, and mind you they had a customer come in their store and offer to buy it at full price.    MY EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL PEOPLE I KNOW HAS BEEN GREAT.  ####  but remember no companies perfect ###   heres a link to my saddle   http://www.culturedcowboy.com/saddles/dakota/pages/d9555mryan.htm

Offline marcus5ryan

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 03:55:20 PM »
Please excuse all typos,  posting this from my cell phone

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 09:26:00 PM »
You were lucky.  The internet is loaded with customer complaints about these guys. My dealings with them were very bad. I was treated poorly by the owner and his staff. I will never give them my business. The coat I bought was in stock, and they took my payment.  Then I had to wait for the estimated delivery time to pass before I contacted them. It took numerous emails that went unanswered before I started calling their store. Then it took a few days before I got anyone to answer my call. Then when someone finally did I got the runaround and lied to. After weeks I found out that my coat wasn't even shipped yet. I don't even believe they even placed the order with wah maker. I had to threaten to get the police involved before they even gave me a tracking number.

You can trust them if you want, but I never will again. And I'm not the only one who had bad dealings with them. 
Rick.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com