Author Topic: Burgess Rifle update # 2  (Read 2466 times)

Offline NCRanger

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Burgess Rifle update # 2
« on: November 19, 2011, 04:07:25 PM »
Well I used the rifle at our SASS match today and I got 5 stages out of it with a few minor misfeeds. :)  The last shot (#10) of the 5th stage however, the casing did not exract and eject.  ??? I slid the casing out w/a small screwdriver.
I loaded up for the 6th and last stage, and noticed it was difficult feeding cartridges into the feed port. when I was at the line, I got off one shot and the rifle hopelessly jammed after the first shot as in fired casing not extracted from chamber and live round in carrier jammed against it. :(
I had to set the rifle down and go ahead with the shotgun. It took about ten minites to clear the action afterward and I discovered that the extractor had no spring tension holding it down onto the case rim. The extractor can be wiggled up and down with one's finger.
I have to call the distributer I suppose and send it back in to be repaired again.
I know Pancho loves his Burgess rifle and has had no problems with it. I think mine can be fixed; it has to be the extractor spring however it is frustrating when a new rifle is this much trouble. :o
"Long days and pleasant nights!"

Offline Cemetery

• Top Active Citizen
    • Cemetery's Gun Blob
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Burgess Rifle update # 2
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 02:14:08 PM »
I had major cycling issues with mine before I ever fired one shot.

Sent it back twice, never fixed right.

Got a new '66 instead.

My review;

Burgess = Junk.
God forgives, I don't........

Offline NCRanger

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 02:55:08 PM »
Yeah, I sent mine back twice. It would work for the gunsmith but not for me so I returned it for the last time. They are replacing it with an 1873 Sporting Rifle.

Pancho loves his. He must have got the good one. I think it's a shame too. It's a pretty rifle.
"Long days and pleasant nights!"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:15:57 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com