Author Topic: Loss of a comrade in arms  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Shamrock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Loss of a comrade in arms
« on: November 09, 2011, 03:01:48 PM »
I am very sad to report the loss of a comrade. Bvt. Lt. Col. Dale "Cherry Lake Jake" Haug Dept. of Minnesota passed away at
around 9:00 in the morning. He was a good man, a good friend, and will be sorely missed by his family and friends. Dale introduced me to the sport of cowboy action shooting and I returned the favor of enlisting him in the GAF. He was intramental in starting the Minnesota Muster and particpated in a couple of grand musters. Dale was a vietnam era combat veteran. He will be missed by family and friends.
  The funeral service is scheduled for this Friday, Nov 11th, 2:00 PM, at the Zion Lutheran Church in Alexandria. Visitation will be at the
Anderson Funeral Home Thursday, Nov. 10th, from 5-8 PM.

Flags to half staff. Bugler sound taps. Chaplin Little I could use a prayer and some grief counselling.

Regards,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Patrick "Shamrock" Gannon

Offline Charles Isaac

• Grand Army of the Frontier
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Loss of a comrade in arms
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 06:53:08 PM »
Please accept my condolences. This Soldiers family is in my prayers.

Offline Capt. Montgomery Little

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 10:23:22 PM »
Shamrock,  I just learned of this when I got back today from Florida. My prayers go out to the Family and you and yours also. I had some really interesting talks with Dale and Katherine at Akley and Ft. Hartsuff and have missed their presence at the last two Grand Musters. If you need to talk and I can help call me at 417-359-8880. I would be happy to assist you in any way possible.
God Bless and shoot safe.
LTC Montgomery Little, Senior Chaplain,  GAF

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:21:21 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com