Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 10:50:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  WESTERN 3 GUN (Moderators: Sam Houston, Black Jack Traven)  |  Topic: World Cup 2011 question 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: World Cup 2011 question  (Read 2522 times)
Smokin Gator
Active citizen

« on: June 27, 2011, 08:53:44 pm »

I was just filling out the entry for the 2011 World Cup.  I noticed there is a category for 1911's.  Are 1911's also being allowed into the open category?  Any other news about the match.  See you there.  Smokin Gator
Howdy Doody
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 11:38:26 am »

I was just filling out the entry for the 2011 World Cup.  I noticed there is a category for 1911's.  Are 1911's also being allowed into the open category?  Any other news about the match.  See you there.  Smokin Gator

I sent my entry in a while back pard. I didn't notice, because I am probably the only cowboy on the planet that does not give a rats patootie about semi auto pistols being part of the cowboy experience. If I wanted to shoot an auto, then I would show up in tennies, shorts, an athletic supporter, t shirt with advertising all over it, and a ball cap with ear muffs. Did I just describe another whole shooting discipline? Yeah, the one that way back when the originals thought was too competitive and would be fun to try to shoot with single action guns. I'll take a SXS over a pump, BP over smokeless,  a Harley over a Yamaha, boots over sandels, Budweiser over Fat Tire, steak over tofu, etc., but that is just me. You and anyone else can do whatever you want, but can you see me in shorts and tennies for instance.  I'll really go out on a limb and state for all to see, that I really never cared that much for the Wild Bunch movie in the first place. I could watch Lonesome Dove all day long and I never missed that they did not use pumps and autos. However the shootout in Open Range would have gone better and made the shootout shorter if they had in that movie.  Grin

Anyway, lookin' forward to seeing you there pard. I was wondering if you were going to that instead of John Wayne and like you I chose W3G instead. I don't know what they were thinking changing the date to August. So, I will see you there and we can discuss my old man, weirdo, non conformist ways and see if an old dog can be taught something new or not.  Smiley

yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Smokin Gator
Active citizen

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 10:14:19 pm »

Howdy.  Good to hear from you.  I'll be there shooting black powder duelist style as usual, I was just curious if they were using the 1911's in the open category.  I have no interest in the SASS Wild Bunch matches myself.  I have been shooting IDPA, USPSA with my 1911 and ICORE with a Smith and Wesson 686.  I know in Piru at the monthlies they shoot one day with the semi autos and the other day Western 3 Gun.  That would be fun.  Yes, at those other matches I sometimes where shorts, but occasionally throw on my cowboy hat.
      Yes.  With them moving the John Wayne Match to the same weekend as the World Cup, I have to choose the Piru match.  I have gone to to San Luis Obispo match for quite a few years and enjoyed it, but the Western 3 Gun World Cup is unique and not just another real good cowboy match.  Nothing against the folks at Chorro Valley, I've had a wonderful time up there, but gotta choose one.   I'm guessing that quite a few of the shooters who have been shooting both matches most years, will be in Piru this year.  We'll see.  They may gain some other shooters in SLO but may lose a group containing some pretty good shooters.  See you there, Howdy. We'll make some smoke.  Smokin Gator
Black Jack Traven
Deputy Marshal
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 10:20:12 pm »

Watch this space for the answer..........
Howdy Doody
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 03:23:49 am »

Ok, then. I hope we get to posse with BJT and Bud. It seems we usually do. I am shooting cartridges this year and I did not sign up for FCD. I will probably forget to use two hands and shoot some duelist. Think I want you kicking my fannie all over the place? You did my heart good when you made the shoot off and kept shooting duelist with all the smoke. That was something, especially when you went a couple rounds, thought you could never, and had to go to your car for more ammo. Did you see me smiling, grinning and rooting you on ? Good job.  Smiley

yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Black Jack Traven
Deputy Marshal
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 08:19:38 am »

The 1911 category is intended for GI .45 (1911A1?). Lefty is finalizing the rules and they should be out soon. If you want, you can mail him at leftylongridge@ca.rr.com .

Regards,
BJT
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  WESTERN 3 GUN (Moderators: Sam Houston, Black Jack Traven)  |  Topic: World Cup 2011 question « previous next »
Jump to: