Author Topic: Reloading question  (Read 18797 times)

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
Re: Reloading question
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2011, 05:37:35 AM »
That's one of the things I like about progressive presses, and why I advocate even a 'newbie' buying one - you can use it in a single stage manner or do a couple of operations as necessary.
Experience coupled with some instruction will build confidence before going into 'auto' mode.
Well said PJ
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
Re: Reloading question
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2012, 11:57:22 AM »
Experience coupled with some instruction will build confidence before going into 'auto' mode.
Maybe too much confidence on my part....

Last Friday I went to do some shooting with a friend at a local indoor range. The very first round in my 1873 Winchester was a squib. The bullet was stuck in the barrel just enough so the next round would not chamber. I removed the bullet and fired the rest of the rounds with no problems.

When I first started to charge on press I installed a light on my press so the powder charge would be visible and easy to see. I thought I had trained myself to look in each case. In spite of this I still ended up letting let a round go through without a powder charge. I periodically weigh a charge and probably forgot to recharge the case. Regardless of the reason, this should not happen. This was a big warning to me.  I will still charge on press but will re-examine my procedures to insure this does not happen again.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com