Author Topic: Let's go back in time  (Read 16292 times)

Offline Cocklebur

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Let's go back in time
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2005, 01:39:14 AM »
The other stuff, Linc..............

It takes three mules fer Sister Kate.

:) HUH !!!! I thought that was ..... three mules for Sister Sarah.  IF Kate's gonna be there, ..... I'm bringin' a Ouija Board and all the "Billy the Kid" books I can find!   ;D   ;D   :o

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2005, 02:38:59 AM »
Now that ya mention it, yeah.

In them habits, they look the same.....

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Micheal Fortune

• Top Active Citizen
    • Micheal Fortune
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2005, 01:51:46 PM »
Hey, is there a place to plug in the computer in this here line shake of yourn?

No!  Well to heck with that, better keep my City job for the Winter, less of course this line shack job has to do with sheep and not cattle, cattle can't keep you warm in the Winter and with sheep you don't need the computer....... ;) ;D
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 12:49:08 AM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2005, 06:44:26 PM »
Hey, is there a place to plug in the computer in this here line shake of yourn?

No!  Well to heck with that, better keep my City job for the Winter, less of course this line shack job has to do with sheep and not cattle, cattle can't keep you warm in the Winter and with sheep you don't need the computer....... ;) ;D

Bhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
Mathew 5.9

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2005, 08:02:32 PM »
Take electrical stuff.  You can plug it into a current bush!

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2005, 08:43:46 PM »
 I kept a boom box lots of D batteries, got a station out of Calgary, 1 from Billings and 1 from Casper on a clear night I could listen to 1 from LA ..All am stations
Mathew 5.9

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • "I'm ordering you to volunteer again Sgt. Tyree...
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2005, 01:06:34 PM »
The four cowboys walked out in the deepening night. The snow was falling harder as they walked their mules out into the street  Bob turned and said said, "I feel better now that we can run a computer at the line shack. I do have some questions though; what is a computer, where do we get a boom box, and if we can't find "D" batteries, will AA's do?

LazyK Pejay

Offline Big John Denny

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2005, 12:42:37 AM »
Michael Fortune, I'm getting real worried about you. Put an extra guard of my sheep herd today just to be on the safe side.
Big John Denny, SASS 64775
US Army Retired
Los Vaqueros
BOLD #661
GOFWG #240
SBSS #1780 (Order of the Golden Bullet)
NMLRA
NRA
"Aim small....Miss small"

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2005, 09:49:57 AM »
He looked out the window of the saloon at the falling snow and the four cowboys on their mules. Taking a sip he turned away then back again as he heard a sound. Out of a side alley a sheep was running after the mules bleating. Shaking his head he poured himself a drink and walked over to the fireplace. "Sheep herders," he said as he spit on the logs.

LazyK Pejay

Offline Micheal Fortune

• Top Active Citizen
    • Micheal Fortune
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2005, 11:06:52 PM »
Michael Fortune, I'm getting real worried about you. Put an extra guard of my sheep herd today just to be on the safe side.

Big John Denny, I'm supprised at you, you got a sheep heard and a tag line that says "Pimpin ain't Easy"  When do you find time to write??? ;) ;D ;D
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Offline Big John Denny

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2005, 11:48:54 PM »
I just rent out the sheep as prom dates to the pards from Alabama, so's they won't feel out of place.
US Army Retired
Los Vaqueros
BOLD #661
GOFWG #240
NMLRA
NRA

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2005, 09:13:15 AM »
It was about 8:30 pm when the first of the funny dressed folks came in. The young women had on light ballroom dresses and their hair was all piled on their head. The young men had on fancy suits and ties. They were shivering from the cold and stood inside the door looking at the room. He walked back to his table poured another drink and looked over the edge of his shot glass at the growing group of young people. Outside it was still snowing and he could see more young people getiing out of a real long carriage pulled by eight horses. One young man helped a sheep with a crown get out of the carriage. "I hope that is the school mascot and not the prom queen," he muttered under his breath as he downed the whiskey.

LazyK Pejay

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2005, 06:45:25 PM »
Ewesfunny ;D :D ::)
Mathew 5.9

Offline Big John Denny

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2005, 07:22:17 PM »
Sometimes the truth is funny. OK, where were we, oh yeah. Alright Billy Bob, you can take Elle the Ewe to the prom for $50.00, but I want her back here by 11:30PM.
US Army Retired
Los Vaqueros
BOLD #661
GOFWG #240
NMLRA
NRA

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2005, 07:37:26 PM »
 ;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline Big John Denny

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2005, 10:59:59 PM »
Pards, it's 12:00EST and Ellie isn't back yet. Old Billy Bob is in trouble now. Them late fees on my sheep can be painfull.
US Army Retired
Los Vaqueros
BOLD #661
GOFWG #240
NMLRA
NRA

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2005, 08:25:14 AM »
The snow stopped about midnight and the Saloon began to clear out. He strapped on his rig and walked out the door. The moon was out and the crystal brightness of the snow lit up the street. As he walked to the hotel he saw a sheep sitting on a crate near the dry goods emporium. On its head was a crown tilted off over one ear. To the sheeps right was one of the fancy dressers from the prom. He was going through his wallet. "What do you mean late fees. He said nothing about late fees," he sputtered?

The rancher shook his head and continued on to the hotel. "Sheep herders and sheep daters, what is this world coming to," he asked no one in particular. He looked up at the moon and then down to the newspaper office and saw a light in the window. He turned and headed to where the light from an oil lamp spilled out to the street. Through the window he could see her still writing at her desk. "Thank God for real women," he said smiling as he knocked on the door...

LazyK Pejay

Offline Big John Denny

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2005, 07:33:55 PM »
Well, Billy Bob showed up with Ellie the Ewe about 3:30AM. After Billy Bob paid the $200 late fees and worry penalty, sicked the sheep dogs on him. You just can't trust them boys from Alabama with your sheep.
US Army Retired
Los Vaqueros
BOLD #661
GOFWG #240
NMLRA
NRA

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2005, 08:36:05 AM »
The room was warm after being out in the street. The soft glow of the oil lamp and the crackling of the fire in the stove was just what he needed. " Evening Sharon, thanks for letting me in this late.." Hos words were interrupted by a gunshot. He drew his colt and went to the door. Out in the street a man on a rearing horse was shouting and firing his pistopl in the air. "Where is she, dang it?" he yelled at the empty street. "You got 'till 3:30 then I will find ya and have at it. You don't mess with Big John's stock you little puke!" He turned his horse around and in a clould of snow was gone. The rancher felt a hand on his shoulder, "Close the door, it's just Big John Denny," she said. He turned, holstered his Colt and shut the door. The room smelt of wild flowers and apples. "Must be summer time in my heart," he said taking her hand..."

LazyK Pejay

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com