Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 03:55:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  RATS (Moderator: Mustang Gregg)  |  Topic: Back to Rugers! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Back to Rugers!  (Read 832 times)
Jake MacReedy
Top Active Citizen

« on: October 12, 2011, 08:44:37 am »

I love "old west" guns...always have!  For years, I have owned and used many different types of Italian-built Colt clones, Remington clones and S&W clones...all really neat-looking pistols!  However, almost all were "cursed" with soft metal in them...the screws would get "buggered" up even using proper gunsmithing screwdrivers of the correct size.  And I always felt like they needed to be "babied" much more than my other firearms.  I am not "hacking" the replicas out there...they are fine firearms in their own right, but they do have their inherent problems. Maybe it's part of growing older, but I tired of this.  So, I am back to using Rugers once more.  I don't have to worry about soft screws, or having to "baby" these fine revolvers!

I have a couple of the Lipsey's New Vaqueros in .44 Special, one with a 3 3/4" barrel and the other with a 4 5/8" barrel in .44 Special.  And they are fine revolvers indeed!  I know they will outlast me, and still be fine "shootin' irons!"

Let's just say I am quite happy to be back with the rest of the RATS clan once more!

Best Regards,
Jake

rickk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 04:15:41 pm »

Ya cant go wrong with em
Jake MacReedy
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 10:43:02 am »

Replaced the New Vaquero hammers with ones from the original Vaquero.  I like the way they look and feel.

Jake

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  RATS (Moderator: Mustang Gregg)  |  Topic: Back to Rugers! « previous next »
Jump to: