Author Topic: Let's talk about gun leather...  (Read 31561 times)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Re: Let's talk about gun leather...
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2005, 11:36:31 AM »
Nice rig, Trinity.  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2005, 07:00:08 PM »
Nice rig, Trinity.  ;D

Slim

Awww, yer just sayin' that!  ;D ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline E.R.Beaumont

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2005, 11:16:07 PM »
Howdy Pards/Pardettes

As far as gun leather goes, I've only got one store bought rig.  I aint gonna tell ya who made it, cause I don't think much of it.  I have made six rigs and a few miscelanious pistol sheeths for myself.  Most have been for Russians, and Schofields, and '75 Remmies.  The latest rig, one that I just finished is for Rugers. 

The rig has a right and a left straight drop, and a right hand cross draw all cut from the same piece of cow and dyed from the same bottle.  They are cut from 10oz and lined with 8oz and they are very stiff.  The belt is a money belt made from 8oz, there are no loops cause I planned it for shell slides.

The holsters have sewn closed round toes and a high arch on the throat and the trigger guard is covered.  When they first dried out the ejection rod would snap in and snap out.  They fit a little looser now.  I will be useing them for the match this coming Sunday.  I built this rig because I wanted to use the Rugers and shoot traditional for a change, or maybe gunfighter.

When I was a child of about 8 years old I saw a set of guns and holsters that I wanted with all my heart.  The Irons were nickel plated and engraved all over.  They had 7 1/2" barrels and carved ivory grips, they had steer heads with rubies for the eyes.  The holsters and belt were covered with studs and ruby spots.  And they were Yellow, with Red trim.

I am not ready to place all those spots and studs yet, I do want to make a "Cap Gun Rig" some time.  But in homage to that rig, the holsters are Yellow and lined with Red and they have Red straps around them.  The belt is Yellow with Red buckle chape and tongue billit.  They look real nice those colors go well togeather

Any way I like a good stiff wet moulded holster, I want the trigger guard covered and the gun stays in the holster when held upside down.  I want the belt to be sturdy but flexible I don't want to feel as if the guns were too heavy for the belt.

Regards, Beaumont
SASS Life#21319
NRA Life, Endowment
CCRKBA Life

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 04:58:46 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com