Author Topic: RECENT PRE-WAR PURCHASE  (Read 2530 times)

Offline RIB45

• Rib Mountain Wrangler
  • Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
RECENT PRE-WAR PURCHASE
« on: September 02, 2011, 03:29:48 AM »
I recently went to a friend's gunshop in my home town and found in the handgun case a USFA Pre-war, mint in the box for $999.00. It was a consignment gun that was there from someone effected by the economy and needed some money. I asked to see it, knew I had to have it and asked if there was any room on the price. The shop owner said that $900, OTD, was the best he could do. I came back 3 days later, cash in hand, along with an old CVA Mountain rifle that I had won.  Sold the CVA to the shop owner for $100.00, so I ended up with $800.00 for a mint in the box pre-war.

That evening I called a good friend, told him about my find, upon which he said "You know the guy who owned it!  It was me!" I gasped, and told him that I felt like I had taken advantage of a good friend.  His response, was "No, I'm happy it got a good home!" I went to my first SASS match in 2 years last weekend, firing my new find and cleaned the first stage, however, I did get 3 misses out of it during the match do to the adrenal rush I was getting, having 4 total misses out of 120 rounds in the match, the best I've ever done, finishing 2nd in the Senior Division ( there were only 3 competitors  :)).

I feel like I just won the lottery and am very greatful!  RIB45 :D

RIB45

Offline wileycoyote

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: RECENT PRE-WAR PURCHASE
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 10:50:35 AM »

you lucky guy you.

nice catch!  :)

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 11:13:51 AM »
Way to go, RIB45, and welcome to the forum!
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:51:42 AM »

Offline North Bender

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 08:44:54 PM »
Good deal award!  You definitely got your money's worth.

But ouch!  The seller was willing to let a gunshop sell a mint pre-war for $900?  Think of what he got.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com