Author Topic: Camille - Here they are  (Read 2152 times)

Offline USBP1969

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Camille - Here they are
« on: August 31, 2011, 07:42:26 PM »
Hope they fit.

-kent
Lose Sight = Lose Fight

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Camille - Here they are
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 08:33:10 AM »
Very nice!! ;D

Thanks for posting them.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline USBP1969

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 10:43:10 AM »
The Cocobolo model that's made in Taiwan of carbon steel I think has nicer lines and a better shaped handle. (Much cheaper too)
The Linen Micarta (black) model is their VG-1 San Ma III laminated stainless steel that's made in Japan.  (Costs way more)

If I were starting again I'd order one Tak Bowie (Polycarbonate - I'll try to add that photo) and two Laredo SK-5 (Cocoblo) models. One would be dulled for "live blade practice" and the other sharp for carry.

The sheath that comes with the knives is OK for casual carry where speed of draw is not important.  The Southern Comfort sheath from River City Sheaths is the "Cats meow" for speed.  Even at age 69 I was timed electronically from commencement of draw to impact at less than 1/2 second.  A gun draw speeds up, maxes out and then slows before firing, while a knife draw never slows and accelerates throughout the draw stroke.  The knife blade, because of the draw speed, its length and shape is faster than the human eye can track.

The neat thing is that teaching its use is way easier than teaching someone to shoot.  The problem is that most states' knife laws date back into the 1800's with SC and Florida being the exceptions.

-kent
Lose Sight = Lose Fight

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:09:47 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com