Author Topic: Looking for a gently used Northern (no brass frame) 1858 Remington Pistol  (Read 2410 times)

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I am starting up the personna of a late War of the Northern Agression (i.e. Civil War) confederate cavalryman and need an1858 Remington Pistol. I am not interested in brass framed revolvers, although a brass trigger guard would be acceptable (i.e.NCOWS acceptable)

I haven't tons of money, and would rather get a 'gently used' pistol rather than a new one ... one that I could get a spare cylinder for.

Please PM or email me ... my email addy is on my profile .....
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline borderruffian72

• Citizen
  • Liked:
Did you ever get that 1858 Remy?

McConnell Ellis

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
Border Ruffian,

This is the third time I have tried to reply ... if it kicks me out again i am giving up ....

To answer your question, yes I did ...  a 2000 Model with extra cylinder ...

And just a bit ago, UPS dropped off a DGW flapped cavalry style holster ... tomorrow when they bring me the second package, the cap pouch and cartridge box pretty much make my uniform complete.....

I think tough, that I will soften it and make it match the rest of my kit by vinagarooning it  ... I understand that I must  cover the gun and loadi it up with WD-40 ... then I have a couple of sourdough loaf plastic bags to put the gun in ...

TTFN,
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Advertising

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com