Author Topic: Review: 1873 Uberti Cattleman Millenium .45 LC  (Read 7680 times)

Offline Cape Fear Kid

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Review: 1873 Uberti Cattleman Millenium .45 LC
« on: August 20, 2011, 08:52:02 PM »
  Howdy ya'll. I want to start by saying I am new to CAS style guns and shooting. I've shot many types of guns my whole life, since my first pump BB gun when I was five. As of late, I've been into tactical style guns. But I happened into one of my gun shops, and there set my new beauty. A Uberti 1873 Cattleman Millenium in .45 LC. Like I said, I've been into Tacticals, so i have little experience with revolvers, and none with SAA. I seen it, and the price scared me. $189. I have paid double that for mods to guns, and I regret to admit I have a Highpoint I paid about the same for that was junk. But since this gun shop also has a range, they allowed me to test fire it. But I'll get to that in a bit.

My first impression of the gun was it was a good looking firearm. The grips were nicely finished, even if they looked a little cheap. The finish on the gun itself was immaculate. Then out of the blue, an older gent beside me asked if he could see it. He then told me if I didn't buy it, he would, because the gun had never been fired. The finish was not scarred around the cylinder from being pushed around (his words). The owner of the shop said the man who sold it to him bought it, then decided he would rather have a Ruger and traded it in on a Vaquero.

Anyway, the shop master said I could test it a few times since it was used. So after the high cost of the in-house ammo, me and the wife went into the range. Loaded up, set the target out to ten yards, fired three rounds. I wont get too cocky here, but i could have covered the shots with a half dollar. All three were touching. 2 Had cut deeply into each other. Excellent pattern. BTW, I was using Magtech Cowboy Action Loads. I was extremely satisfied with the solid feel, trigger break, and smooth feel of the gun overall.

Anyway, went back into the shop, paid for it, bought another 50 rounds, then went off to put it to the test. Fired all 100 rounds with no problems. Even did some slip firing as fast as I could get the hammer back. No problems. I feel I got a pretty good deal. I even went and had the local western shop order me a fancy fast draw hoslter. I can't wait to get back (I'm an OTR trucker) so I can go to a local CAS event. Even looking into getting an outfit, a SxS shotgun, and a lever action .45 rifle.

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 169
Re: Review: 1873 Uberti Cattleman Millenium .45 LC
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 02:43:48 PM »
Check out the SASS website and make sure yer buyin the right holsters etc. WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 06:30:23 PM »
Congrats, pard. That was a good deal.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:16:18 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com