Author Topic: CAS Rifles - Preferances and why?  (Read 2919 times)

Offline Slickshot

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
CAS Rifles - Preferances and why?
« on: August 06, 2011, 11:49:05 PM »
I am thinking of selling my NIB Winchester Model 1894 .45 Colt Cowboy, with a Color Case Receiver, 20 inch octagon barrel rifle.

I am very nostalgic, but at the same time I am not a "Top" shooter, never will be...I just don't care about that and don't have the time it takes, or the money to be that good.

I can be fast with my levergun...  I've been using a "94" for many years (not the one I am selling). 

If I were to do this; which model would be best as I am having a hard time deciding.  What is best to go with, the 1873, the 1886, the 1892, or the 1984?  And what makes one model better than another?

Slickshot

Offline Jefro

• Top Active Citizen
  • know matter where you go, there you are
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: CAS Rifles - Preferances and why?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 08:26:46 PM »
The Uberti 73/66 is the best and most popular rifle in the game. Add an action job with a short stroke kit and they are slick as hot butter. Next would be the 1894 Marlin, Uberti Henry and the 1892, all operate much smoother with some action work. I would not consider any other rifles for this game. Good Luck.

Jefro ;D Relax-Enjoy
sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 01:39:52 PM »
'73s and '66s also have amazingly simple actions and are very easy to take down and clean or repair.  The '77s are slightly easier than the '73s thanks to the removable side plates.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:46:05 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com