Author Topic: Building a gun cart  (Read 19525 times)

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 169
Re: Building a gun cart
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 03:53:34 PM »
Gun carts is like guns, one is never enough.  ::)  WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline Jefro

• Top Active Citizen
  • know matter where you go, there you are
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 05:45:18 PM »
Rolan Kraps has a couple of easy plans, light, folding, easy to haul. I built a 5 gun version of the Rough Rider out of 1x3 oak from Lowes, and the 3 Gun Ultra Lite from 1x3 pine. I made the bottoms out of 1/2" treated plywood instead of 1x4 to reduce weight. Plus I added a tray on the back of both for drinks and stuff. Well worth the $6.25 download. I carry a light folding chair, so instead of building the ammo boxes I use fabric Igloo coolers in thier place to cut down even more weight. I made a few more modifications like padded gun rests..etc.. to suit me, bought the tires at lawn mower supply. The biggest mistake I see in first time gun carts is they are way to bulky and heavy. Good Luck :)
Rough Rider
Ultra Light 3 Gun

Jefro ;D Relax-Enjoy
sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

Offline Popa Kapoff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 08:01:20 PM »
Till we meet keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 11:34:20 AM »

Offline cpt dan blodgett

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Conv 2013
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 11:52:58 AM »
As with most of my projects I've figured out that I can probably buy a cart for less than it will take me to build one, but I want to do it anyway. The lumber is no problem, Home Depot and Lowes are full of it, but where do you buy the wheels, axles and bearings? I really don't want to take my Grandaughters tricycle apart for this. She's pretty smart and would figure it out right away.

Made mine out of Oak Boards, some Oak Plywood, brass screws. drawer handles, hinges and windo latchs (a lot of them).  Would have been much better off buying one.  Used some plans off the internet.  In retrospect, should have used my plastic ammo boxes and shotgun shell boxes and planned the cart around the ammo storage box.  Dillion Boxes and shot gun shells do not pack really efficiently.
Had I done that the Cart may have been a couple of inches wider or longer.

Still have not built a tray up by the handles.  Will also have to make a platform for C & B loaders for plainsman and frontiersman.  Have the wood, been putting it off for a few years now.
Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

Offline Stew

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 06:59:52 AM »
I built this a few years back, made from Poplar wood. The axel is 3/4” steel turned down to ½” I think for the wheels.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com