Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 05:49:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Augustus McCree come an' get 'yer August cawfee 'n grub 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Augustus McCree come an' get 'yer August cawfee 'n grub  (Read 30553 times)
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #500 on: August 26, 2011, 12:11:08 pm »

I will talk to the Boss an ask fer all yer safety through this thing.  Seems ta be the only thing ta do when these things come about. 

Got the other half of ma sammich fer lunch. 

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #501 on: August 26, 2011, 01:14:56 pm »

Be safe, Arcey Wink

The rest of you along the east coast hunker down if you're far enough inland and have some emergency stuff ready. Those too close.......Get the Heck out! Shocked Wink

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #502 on: August 26, 2011, 02:28:56 pm »

On the lighter side of life, I have a bad 70's song stuck in my head today.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p02DgHeGdyI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p02DgHeGdyI</a>

I just bought these on a garage sale for $2:

A pair of Speed Kings like I had 50 years ago.  Yep, they have the key:

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Texas Lawdog
"Old School" Cop NCOWS SENATOR
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #503 on: August 26, 2011, 02:57:26 pm »

Del, You need to find another pair of skates and teach Rowdy to skate, then you can send videos of him skating to Melanie's music.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #504 on: August 26, 2011, 03:34:35 pm »

Good one Del...had to mine share with siblings...each got one skate an' a broom

Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #505 on: August 26, 2011, 05:11:03 pm »

Must be 50's early 60's day, I'm now the proud owner of not one but two of those stove top Pyrex coffer perculators.  Grin Roll Eyes  Watch for me in the future on a hoarders show.  Which reminds me, TLD send me yer address, got a big surprise for you. Wink

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #506 on: August 26, 2011, 06:45:57 pm »

We're hidin' out it Ali's. Still gonna get wet.

Traffic was a mess goin' north. 2 1/2 hour ride took us 4.........

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #507 on: August 26, 2011, 07:36:30 pm »

We're hidin' out it Ali's. Still gonna get wet.

Traffic was a mess goin' north. 2 1/2 hour ride took us 4.........
Glad you made it there in one piece,They just announced that as of closing tonight Our county fair will not reopen for the year and that any outstanding tickets will be honored next year. Stores are out of water and bread,don't need either so not a problem.

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
wildman1
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #508 on: August 27, 2011, 05:07:26 am »

Mornin Ya'll, Coffee's up. WM

WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #509 on: August 27, 2011, 05:20:11 am »

Thanks for the Cawfee, Bro. WM. I picked up the new tags for my work truck last week. This year, for the first time, the State issued special plates for MM's. They look good on my truck.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #510 on: August 27, 2011, 05:29:45 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, WM.

Y'all be careful out there.

Having delivery 'round 11 AM. Will post pics.

'Tis 53. High of high 70's.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #511 on: August 27, 2011, 07:25:54 am »

Moanin', y'all.

Today: Tropical storm conditions, with hurricane conditions possible. Rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. East wind 45 to 55 mph, with gusts as high as 65 mph.

Tonight: Tropical storm conditions expected, with hurricane conditions possible. Rain and possibly a thunderstorm before midnight, then rain likely. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 73. Northwest wind 40 to 60 mph decreasing to between 40 and 50 mph. Winds could gust as high as 70 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 3 and 4 inches possible.

Sunday: A slight chance of rain before noon. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 88. Windy, with a west wind 28 to 31 mph decreasing to between 18 and 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #512 on: August 27, 2011, 07:28:42 am »

Thanks for the coffee, WM Wink

Glad you got there safely, Arcey. A little frazled, maybe, but safe none the less. Wink

57 here, sun. Roll Eyes

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #513 on: August 27, 2011, 07:41:44 am »

Mornin' y'all,
Thanks for the cawfee WM. Glad to hear you made it to Ali's safetly Arcey. We got the hot n' dry at 96 or so for later, it's 63 right now. Prayin' this storm don't cause too much misery for those folks.

Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #514 on: August 27, 2011, 08:26:43 am »

Let's hope that things on the east coast don't get worse. My pot O Cawfee is ready to drink, for the late risers.

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #515 on: August 27, 2011, 09:02:54 am »

Good luck to ya Arcey.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #516 on: August 27, 2011, 10:11:06 am »

Just did some checking, they now have a tornado warning down toward where Arcey lives..  Good thoughts to ya pard.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #517 on: August 27, 2011, 10:56:17 am »

Good ta hear from ya Arcey.  Been watchin this mornin an I don' envy ya.  For the first time in its history the New York subway is gonna be shut down this afternoon so it must be a hell of a storm.  Saw yer Beach lost power, hope ya got it at yer girl's house.

Thanks fer the Cawfee.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #518 on: August 27, 2011, 12:04:00 pm »

Video from N.C. is pretty lousy. VB isn't hard hit yet, but it's starting to get nastier there..... Roll Eyes Shocked

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #519 on: August 27, 2011, 01:16:20 pm »

Fat lady talked to Andi abut an hour ago. Power's out up 'n down the ocean front, includin' her place.

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #520 on: August 27, 2011, 01:43:03 pm »

Arcey,  I am glad that you folks had somewhere to go to get out of the impact area of the storm.  I hope that all of our friends on the east coast are safe and sound, out of harm's way.

Ozark Tracker
Top Active Citizen

my granddad on his mule around 1907

« Reply #521 on: August 27, 2011, 05:19:37 pm »

good to hear things are going  good for you Arcey,  hope it continues to get better,  hope  everybody north of ya  is in their  hidy  hole. looks like it's gonna be a tough night  and  tomorrow  for some.

We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."
Lucky Irish Tom
Drunken Irish Darksider
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter

« Reply #522 on: August 27, 2011, 07:09:00 pm »

Irene's just off the coast right now and actually the worst of it was about midday. A lot of areas in Norfolk and Virginia Beach without power. Those of us that have to be here are hunkered down and waiting it out.  Since Isabel took so many trees down there weren't as many to come down in this storm. 

They had to rescue a couple and their cat from a sailboat that washed up on the beach at Ocean View. Seems they decided to sail from Portsmouth to Annapolis to ride out the storm, except they lost power on their boat and anchored. The storm drug them ashore.

If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #523 on: August 27, 2011, 10:06:26 pm »

At least it was ashore, not out to sea.

They're reporting tornados in Delaware and Jersey. Guess there's a convergence going on between Irene and a small disturbance. Extra uplift going on......... Shocked Undecided

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #524 on: August 27, 2011, 11:44:38 pm »

This won't quit growing.  Lil is 5'4''.

Roland Deschain

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Augustus McCree come an' get 'yer August cawfee 'n grub « previous next »
Jump to: