Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 01:49:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Augustus McCree come an' get 'yer August cawfee 'n grub 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Augustus McCree come an' get 'yer August cawfee 'n grub  (Read 33266 times)
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #400 on: August 21, 2011, 07:19:11 am »

Mornin' y'all,
Thanks for the cawfee WM. Gonna hit the Truckee river for a bit 'o fishin' later... nice Sunday afternoon

Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #401 on: August 21, 2011, 07:41:47 am »

Ya outta hear it fer real, Leo.

Mornin', y'all.

76° 'n 94% muggy 'n a chance of T-storms later. Guessers say it'll tickle 90°. Ain't gripin'. I'd be gripin' if I lived next door ta Tex – big time. Air quality alerts all 'round but not here. Didn't see er smell anything when I went outside earlier. Grateful for that. 32 days ta go.

Got gun stuff ta do 'n dinner ta figger out. Thinkin' salads.

G'luck ta ya, Miz Letty.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #402 on: August 21, 2011, 08:00:09 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, WM.

'Twas a long day at the fair yesterday. Kaitlyn did well with the horse. Film at 11.  Wink

Off ta church then ta the fair fer air riflery and archery.

'Tis 52 and sunny. "Partly cloudy. A slight chance of showers mid-day. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms late in the afternoon. Highs 74 to 77. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #403 on: August 21, 2011, 08:27:22 am »

We really don't have much of a Fall around here. The leaves change color and fall off, but it really don't get much cooler. It stays HOT around here till about Nov. We have cooler weather till about April, then it's back to hot again. You just learn to deal with it. Stay inside as much as possible with the A/C on. Drink plenty of water if you have to be outside.  Hey Leo, Victoria likes a Bread and Butter pickle with her steak sammich.  We had chili dogs last night your honor. Victoria likes her hotdogs plain.  Miz Letty, Where's them train pitchers from?  Slim, I'm glad your kid's do 4-H, it's good for them.   Arcey, Victoria and the Moose both like cantaloupes.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #404 on: August 21, 2011, 08:49:49 am »

Miz Letty, Where's them train pitchers from?  Slim, I'm glad your kid's do 4-H, it's good for them.
That is the Silverton/Durango, Colorado Narrow gage train. Just runs thru the summer, some of those passes are in the 8,000' level. Great time..rode it by myself & had the "coon eyes" from ridin' in the last car. I agree 4H is great program, big here too.

G'luck ta ya, Miz Letty.
Why thanks Arcey

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #405 on: August 21, 2011, 08:55:34 am »

Mornin one an all.

I got iced tea Pop, Lil makes it with fruit floatin around in it.  Hope them dawgs was good, we had red beans an rice but I'm ready fer a good chili dawg any time now.  Got a strawberry/blueberry pie with crumb topping waitin fer my attention.  

Arcey, I can only imagine hearin that fer real.  In a way I have but on the radio would kill me laughin.

Letty, get a shot of those tracks as yer goin over the pass.  They'll think we is all insane.

Hope ya All have a good Sunday.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #406 on: August 21, 2011, 04:14:01 pm »

Letty, My Dad read an article in the "Ford Times" about the train back in the late 50's.  We had a nearly new Ford wagon and we drove up to Durango from the Texas Panhandle. Sliverton was not much of a "tourist trap" back then. We rode the train up to Silverton and spent the day up there. We rode in the closed car. Beautiful scenery to see, the water looked like it was floowing uphill. I was about 12 or 13 when we went up there, it was about 1959. I have yet to return back up there.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #407 on: August 21, 2011, 07:03:13 pm »

Letty, My Dad read an article in the "Ford Times" about the train back in the late 50's.  We had a nearly new Ford wagon and we drove up to Durango from the Texas Panhandle. Sliverton was not much of a "tourist trap" back then. We rode the train up to Silverton and spent the day up there. We rode in the closed car. Beautiful scenery to see, the water looked like it was floowing uphill. I was about 12 or 13 when we went up there, it was about 1959. I have yet to return back up there.
You are right TLD about Silverton being a "tourist trap"...still is. Old mining town and open only in the summer time.
We had a picnic lunch in Silverton and I boarded the train and the family took my car...bought a new PT Cruiser and they had fun drivin' it to Durango to meet me. Had an accident to wait for as someone couldn't wait for a crossing and lost.

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #408 on: August 21, 2011, 07:07:29 pm »

My wife has never been up there, so hopefully when she retires in 3 or 4 years, I can go back up there.

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #409 on: August 21, 2011, 07:19:22 pm »

Mid. to late September the best time for the fall colors. Have an aunt and uncle who live near the Grand Mesa. Grand Junction area to the SW of the state. I took the "road trip" since the 9/11 had all the flights grounded. Sad time in history but found some beauty in America to enjoy.

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #410 on: August 21, 2011, 07:52:21 pm »

I'm back from Kansas, was a great weekend although for a while Friday night we thought we could end up like Dorthy.  Slept in the blacksmith shop.  Yesterday was great, worked my butt off, baked about 60 pounds of dinner rolls in dutch ovens along with some other stuff.

Great little town, they thanked us for being there, opening for the museum went great. 

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #411 on: August 21, 2011, 08:03:28 pm »

Glad you had fun Del...

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #412 on: August 21, 2011, 10:07:35 pm »

Was going to work on pictures tonight, decided I'm too tired and going to go lay down and read.  BTW I ain't heard no news since late Thursday, does the world still spin? 

Anyway was somewhere less than half way home, saw a grain elavator coming up:

Was really rude though, I should have stopped, could have found Arcey, litl roo, irish Tom, Sodbuster and others I'm sure I'm forgetting, really thought they had more folks lived there though: Roll Eyes Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #413 on: August 21, 2011, 10:40:28 pm »

More choo choo pics I promised... The last 2 are of the 8,000' level

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
wildman1
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #414 on: August 22, 2011, 04:47:32 am »

Mornin Ya'll, Coffee's up. Miss Letty, looks like the aspens are turnin already.  WM

WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.
Sod Buster
My Barn, My Rules
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn

« Reply #415 on: August 22, 2011, 04:51:26 am »

Thanks for the coffee, WM.
Time to hit the road.

SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #416 on: August 22, 2011, 06:29:06 am »

The Cawfee tastes good this morning. It feels like a 2 Pot Monday. I've started a second pot and it should be ready in about 15 minutes. The wather folks say our temps will be over a 100 all week.

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #417 on: August 22, 2011, 06:49:46 am »

Thanks for the coffee, gentlemen Wink

55 and sun here. Only calling for mid 70's today Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #418 on: August 22, 2011, 07:30:13 am »

Monday moanin', y'all.

75° 'n 84% it 0800.  Isolated showers before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 85. North wind between 13 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

If the breeze materializes we should be ok with the temps 'n the smoke. Sure feel awful fer my neighbors in Carolina. Damned fire ain't gettin' no better.

Both transmittered eagles took off 'n went north a few days ago. Figgered they was gettin' away from the swamp. But the boy named Camellia done come back. Spent a day down the road from me. Azalea was playin' 'round where they do the gun shows it Hampton last check. She's outta Carolina 'n her cat fish farm.

Del, them Virginia pics coulda been taken in Pungo er Creeds. Looks just like it.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #419 on: August 22, 2011, 07:41:15 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, WM.

'Tis 48 and sunny. "A brief early morning shower possible...then becoming mostly sunny. Highs 78 to 81. Light and variable wind becoming west at 5 to 10 mph."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #420 on: August 22, 2011, 08:21:08 am »

Mornin' y'all,
Thanks for the cawfee WM and TLD. Hot n' dry for us too 91 with 55 right now. Got that brush fire contained around 3,900 acres or so. Lost 8 buildings, one guest house. They say it cost 2.2mil to fight it, those boys' pockets are gunna hurt fer a while. Sad and hard way to learn.

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #421 on: August 22, 2011, 08:56:50 am »

This is about 2/3rds of the bread I baked Sat:

And away it goes to the Community Center:

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #422 on: August 22, 2011, 11:09:36 am »

Gee Del, now all we need is a butcher and a candlestick maker.

Thanks fer Cawfee, got ta sleep in a bit this mornin.  Sure is nice every now and again.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #423 on: August 22, 2011, 11:30:37 am »

I know that Del's bread is great. I have eaten all the varieties that he bakes. I know that the folks in attendance that sampled his bread were treated to some great bread, as well as the entrees that he fixed as well.

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #424 on: August 22, 2011, 11:31:04 am »

Gee Del, now all we need is a butcher and a candlestick maker.

Well I can do the first:

And the other was in the tent to the far left, along with rope making:

And for a "clean sweep" Clarence was making brooms.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Augustus McCree come an' get 'yer August cawfee 'n grub « previous next »
Jump to: