Author Topic: RWS 1075 plus caps vs others  (Read 26269 times)

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: RWS 1075 plus caps vs others
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2011, 01:59:26 AM »
Just being persnickety here:  I can't say that the plant isn't called Troisdorf, but Troisdorf is a lovely town in Germany.  Been there; drunk Bier with the locals; didn't buy a T-Shirt.  (Lived in Germany - then WEST - for nearly 8 yrs. courtesy of Uncle Sugar and The Traveling Roadshow ... Army ... Be all they make you be.)
 ;)

:D

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Mako

• Shooter of the "holy Black", Frontier Gunfighter #1, STORM, Henry 1860
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Cowboying since the Mid-20th Century
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2011, 01:29:37 PM »
Just being persnickety here:  I can't say that the plant isn't called Troisdorf, but Troisdorf is a lovely town in Germany.  Been there; drunk Bier with the locals; didn't buy a T-Shirt.  (Lived in Germany - then WEST - for nearly 8 yrs. courtesy of Uncle Sugar and The Traveling Roadshow ... Army ... Be all they make you be.)
 ;)

:D

Steel Horse,

It is the town, but they have more than one factory and in more than one town and that one is referred to as the Troisdorf factory.  Much like I refer to the Miden factory or the Moosic factory when talking about Goex.

If I were to show the picture of the can you would see why they were called that. Unlike current cap packages which has "Fűrth . Germany" in small letters it was prominent and in the name.

I was sent a picture of the tin and caps by Hellgate, I need to ask him if he'll permit me to post it.  Then we will all see the fabled No. 55 caps.

Look at the picture in the post above where it shows the 1075 and the 1081s caps, see where it says "Fűrth . Germany"?  On an old empty Plastic package for 1075 Plus caps I have mixed in with my junk it says  "Troisdorf . Germany".  On the No.55 Caps that Hellgate sent me the picture of, the "Troisdorf" is huge and part of the name  It says "Dynamit Nobel Troisdorf" in very large letters on the can.

Mako
A brace of 1860s, a Yellowboy Saddle Rifle and a '78 Pattern Colt Scattergun
NRA, TSRA, MCA, MCAA, ANA, MOAA, ASME, SAME, BMES, STS

Offline hellgate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2011, 02:17:32 PM »
Hells bells, Mako. I'm so used to informality. I figgered  my sending you the photo was tacit approval to go ahead and post it. I woulda if I coulda posted it my own self. Go ahead (you hearby have my permission) and show it. It isn't perfectly focused and I take all credit for the unprofessional quality.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 03:09:41 PM »

Offline Mako

• Shooter of the "holy Black", Frontier Gunfighter #1, STORM, Henry 1860
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Cowboying since the Mid-20th Century
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2011, 02:25:33 PM »
Hellgate's photo:

Thanks Hellgate, but when a friend does a favor like that for me I hate to presume...

So for this discussion, you can see why a lot of people referred to them as the "Dynamit Nobel Troisdorf" caps.

~Mako
A brace of 1860s, a Yellowboy Saddle Rifle and a '78 Pattern Colt Scattergun
NRA, TSRA, MCA, MCAA, ANA, MOAA, ASME, SAME, BMES, STS

Offline hellgate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2011, 03:22:08 PM »
I put a couple of caps on top of the can so you can see the "U" imprint and the color of the primer seal (silver).
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 169
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2011, 08:42:07 PM »
My 1075's have a tin container, red label and are the regular ones. Troisdorf on bottom of label. WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2011, 04:30:51 AM »
Hellgate's photo:

Thanks Hellgate, but when a friend does a favor like that for me I hate to presume...

So for this discussion, you can see why a lot of people referred to them as the "Dynamit Nobel Troisdorf" caps.

~Mako

I stand actually, I'm sitting) corrected.  The naming of the caps using "Troisdorf" as part of it must be important to them.

Dynamit Nobel TROISDORF it is!

:)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Buzzard II

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2014, 03:57:44 PM »
Just a heads up.  Ron Blomquist will start nipple production again around March-April 2014.  He has been recuperating from kidney replacement surgery and an infection, but he assured me he has healed up and will start production in the spring.  His nipples are made to hold the RWS 1075 caps on the nipple, both before and after firing, and they are 6 sided to use a 3/16 socket, not the 2 sided wrench style we have all come to hate.  He is hard to contact, but keep trying.  He is friendly and knowledgeable.
Ron Blomquist
2025 East 110th St
Indianapolis, Indiana 46280
317-695-1118

Good Shootin'
Bob
SMOKLESS POWDER IS JUST A PASSING FAD!
NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER
SASS LIFE MEMBER-AKA "BUCK HUNTER"
N-SSA  CO. QM SGT- 1st NJ LIGHT ARTILLERY-BATTERY B
GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA LIFE MEMBER
NRA CERTIFIED PISTOL INSTRUCTOR