Author Topic: I Gotta Know!  (Read 15582 times)

Shoshone Slim

Re: I Gotta Know!
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2005, 10:09:15 PM »
His first name is Bob and his last name is Lester.  His nickname is Moe.  He doesn't see the problem.  I rest my case.  My teenage daughter reads this forum and I stand by everything that I've written.  Lynch mob or not if he isn't told to change his alias and is allowed to post on this forum using his current alias then the Marshall should hang his head in shame and I won't be back if that's the case.

Foothills Drifter

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2005, 10:47:12 PM »
His first name is Bob and his last name is Lester.  His nickname is Moe.  He doesn't see the problem.  I rest my case.  My teenage daughter reads this forum and I stand by everything that I've written.  Lynch mob or not if he isn't told to change his alias and is allowed to post on this forum using his current alias then the Marshall should hang his head in shame and I won't be back if that's the case.

Howdy......
I thaught I and somthin ta say....well... maybe not( yet)

Vern...

Offline Marshal Halloway

• Editor & Webmaster of Cas City.
  • City Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Don't squat with your spurs on. Have fun shootin'.
    • Cas City
  • SASS #: R3411
  • NCOWS #: HL-179
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2005, 11:03:31 PM »

Moe Lester stays and that goes with all other users having a name that can be interpreted wall up and wall down in a negative way. There are numerous names in the SASS alias register which, depending on our personal moral standards and principles, might be questioned. Then again, this forum is for cowboy action shooters reenacting both the good guys and the bad guys. If we take this way too serious, the next chapter will be about an alias policy for SASS like "no name can be chosen that is in any way related to violence and might have a bad impression on our children. But... I won't and 'nough said.

Life is too serious as it is, lighten up, move on and the sun will be shining tomorrow.

Editor & Webmaster of CAScity.com
Director - Digital Video Division - Outdoor Sportsman Group (OSG).
Digital Video Production & Post Production OSG
Owner of Down Range Media GP

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 08:35:35 AM »

Shoshone Slim

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2005, 12:42:39 AM »
Goodbye, take care and may all of your bangs be followed by clangs.

Book Miser

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2005, 09:55:14 AM »
The official SASS rule says that an alias "must be 'printable' before a wide audience."

That's a masterpiece of vagueness and weasel-wording.

As for whether or not this is Mr. Lester's nickname, I can say that I have had some nicknames hung on me that I would not care to share here, and a few that I'd just as soon forget.

Shame on whoever used the term "lynch mob."  We have now redefined "lynch mob" to me any group of two or more people, with whose opinions we disagree. That is not only inflammatory, but IMO dilutes the enormity of the murders committed by genuine "lynch mobs."

It does appear that there are double standards here, just as there have been double standards on other cowboy forums. Tsk.
 :'(

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2005, 10:00:38 AM »
Book Miser I used the term lynch mob and NOT because I disagreed with them but because they were calling the person out and already verbally slaughtering them.

Shame on you for posting a complete lie.

By the way, I agree with the Marshall 100%.  There are a lot of aliases that I don't think too highly of but to start censoring aliases based upon a few people's opinions of them would be the beginning of a nightmare. 
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Book Miser

« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2005, 10:13:40 AM »
Can anyone tell me whether there's an "ignore" function on this board?
 ::)

"Verbally slaughtering" is pretty histrionic. What I read was someone objecting to the alias, whom Cammie then goaded into anger. Camille, there are many of us who don't care for your passive-aggression, but just a few who will bother to say so online.

You accuse me of "posting a complete lie," when all I have done is state an opinion. That, my dear, is passive aggression in its most refined sense.

As far as the term "lynch mob" is concerned, allow me to submit for your consideration:

Southern trees bear strange fruit.
There's blood on the leaves,
There's blood at the roots.
Black bodies swinging in the southern breeze;
There's strange fruit hanging from the poplar tree.

The scenic view of the quiet south;
Those bulging eyes, the twisted mouth.
The scent of magnolia comes as sweet and fresh.
Suddenly: the stench of black burning flesh.
Now here my friends,
Here is a fruit for the crows to pluck.
A tear for the rain to gather;
The roaring wind to suck.
For the sun to rise,
And those trees to drop:
And I hear there's a strange and bitter crop.

This was a shameful portion of our history, and to use the term casually is inexcusable.

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2005, 10:45:05 AM »
Book Miser I used the term lynch mob and NOT because I disagreed with them but because they were calling the person out and already verbally slaughtering them.

Shame on you for posting a complete lie.

By the way, I agree with the Marshall 100%.  There are a lot of aliases that I don't think too highly of but to start censoring aliases based upon a few people's opinions of them would be the beginning of a nightmare. 

I agree with this.  It appears that some are making a big issue out of a small item.  I fully understand the concern here with the alias and I do understand that some may find it disturbing.  My thoughts are...put a lid on it for now.  If someone, other than the afore mentioned individuals, find this alias disturbing...let them speak out about it.  Apparently this whole thing is causing some friction between members and we don't need that!  There's enough strife on the planet now.  We certainly don't need that here.  So...why don't we put a lid on this....walk away from it and let it rest?

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2005, 11:47:47 AM »
 ;D  Book Miser that's the first time I have ever seen or heard anybody describe anything about me as passive.

I gotta go now.  I know some people out there that could use a good laugh and it may as well be on me today.   ;D
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2005, 12:03:43 PM »
PEOPLE!  PEOPLE!  PEOPLE!   LET'S PUT A LID ON THIS THREAD!  WE'VE BASHED THIS AROUND LONG ENOUGH AND HAVE GOTTEN NOWHERE WITH IT!  THERE IS FRICTION BEING CREATED HERE AND WE DON'T NEED THAT!  DROP IT!  NOBODY WON ON THIS ONE!  SMILE AND WALK AWAY FROM THIS!  TAKING IT FARTHER WILL ACCOMPLISH NOTHING!

Offline Marshal Halloway

• Editor & Webmaster of Cas City.
  • City Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Don't squat with your spurs on. Have fun shootin'.
    • Cas City
  • SASS #: R3411
  • NCOWS #: HL-179
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2005, 12:11:55 PM »

This thread is closed.

Have a great day.
Editor & Webmaster of CAScity.com
Director - Digital Video Division - Outdoor Sportsman Group (OSG).
Digital Video Production & Post Production OSG
Owner of Down Range Media GP

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com