Author Topic: Shotgun Question  (Read 20534 times)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Re: Shotgun Question
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2005, 01:01:49 PM »
Here we go. It is a threaded choke tube that goes into the muzzle. There should be one in the muzzle of each barrel. One should be full choke and one modified choke. The EAA's come with three choke tubes, IC, M, and F. The T bar is to get the tubes out if ya can't unscrew them with your fingers. You should not tight the choke with the T bar, just your fingers. I would take out the full choke and put in the IC for CAS.

Slim

Well, I'll be!  You was absolutely right Slim. ;)

I took a look at the ends of the barrel & sure enough, there was the other two!  I took out the "choke" marked "F" and put in the one I just showed ya! 8)

I sure do appreciate that pard!  I hate not knowin' what I'm doin' or lookin' stupid at a shoot! ;)  I owe ya one pard!
I was in the same boat as you a few years ago. I asked questions and read alot on the CAS boards. Now, I am smarter than I used to be. I am here to help.  ;)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Badlands Walker

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2005, 01:04:37 PM »
Here's what I bought fer' shot, as recommended by a few pards!

Fer' CAS, I got: AA Light Target Load

Fer' protecttion at home, I got: #1 Lead Shot Loads

Sound about right? 8)
Sounds good.
Here is the link for the manual.
http://www.eaacorp.com/Manuals/IZH-43-Manual.PDF

BTW, I own two of these shotguns.

Slim

Dang Slim, that is mighty neighborly of ya pard.  Thanks a bunch! ;)

So, I guess if ya owns two of these, they must be a good shotgun? 8)

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2005, 01:10:12 PM »
Here's what I bought fer' shot, as recommended by a few pards!

Fer' CAS, I got: AA Light Target Load

Fer' protecttion at home, I got: #1 Lead Shot Loads

Sound about right? 8)
Sounds good.
Here is the link for the manual.
http://www.eaacorp.com/Manuals/IZH-43-Manual.PDF

BTW, I own two of these shotguns.

Slim

Dang Slim, that is mighty neighborly of ya pard.  Thanks a bunch! ;)

So, I guess if ya owns two of these, they must be a good shotgun? 8)
Yep for the price. They are workhorses. They tend to not stay open when they are new. They need a bit of breaking in, but all in all they are a good gun. BTW, EAA is no longer importing them. Remington and Savage are now importing them.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:09:33 PM »

Badlands Walker

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2005, 01:11:25 PM »
Well, truth be known... I been a cowboy and civil war re-enactor off n' on now for about 15 years & I'm new to this CAS shootin'.  Don't get me wrong, I been shootin' guns & havin' guns most of my life, but never done any CAS shootin'.  I spend a lot of time at the range & shootin' here at the ranch, but have yet to shoot my first cowboy match. :-[

I've got most of the guns now & need to get out & practice with this shotgun.  Soon as I feel I'm ready with the shotgun, I look forward to my first match up in Midland with a pard who has invited me on several occasions.  I'll only be about 90 minutes away there in San Angelo & cain't wait!  Yee-Haw! ;) :D

Badlands Walker

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2005, 01:15:37 PM »
I got just one problem though!  My two favorite guns to shoot are, #1. Ruger Blackhawk .45LC & #2. my Cattleman Flat-Top Bisley .45LC and they both have adjustable sights.  From what I been learnin' & readin', you cain't shoot in all matches with these two? ???

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2005, 01:16:55 PM »
Well, truth be known... I been a cowboy and civil war re-enactor off n' on now for about 15 years & I'm new to this CAS shootin'.  Don't get me wrong, I been shootin' guns & havin' guns most of my life, but never done any CAS shootin'.  I spend a lot of time at the range & shootin' here at the ranch, but have yet to shoot my first cowboy match. :-[

I've got most of the guns now & need to get out & practice with this shotgun.  Soon as I feel I'm ready with the shotgun, I look forward to my first match up in Midland with a pard who has invited me on several occasions.  I'll only be about 90 minutes away there in San Angelo & cain't wait!  Yee-Haw! ;) :D
Good luck, pard.
This is my 4th year in CAS. It is very addictive. I owned two pistols, a shotgun, and a couple rifles fer I started CAS. Now, I have to sit down and count how many CAS guns I have.  ;D

Slim

Badlands Walker

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2005, 01:19:37 PM »
I'm hopin' to make "World Champ", in about a hundred years! :D

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2005, 01:20:14 PM »
I got just one problem though!  My two favorite guns to shoot are, #1. Ruger Blackhawk .45LC & #2. my Cattleman Flat-Top Bisley .45LC and they both have adjustable sights.  From what I been learnin' & readin', you cain't shoot in all matches with these two? ???
You can shoot them in the Modern class of SASS sanctioned/affiliated matches. The Blackhawk is a no-no for NCOWS though.

Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2005, 01:21:14 PM »
That's a good goal.  ;) It will take me a bit longer to do that.   ::)

Slim

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2005, 01:48:36 PM »

Badlands:  This is a good goal to shoot for (no pun intended).  I'm going to have to get with SASS and change my alias from 'The Arapaho Kid" to "The Bottom of the Barrel Kid".  Every match I've shot in, so far, I won the coveted bottom the barrel position.  But.....I HAD FUN GETTIN' THERE!

Badlands Walker

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2005, 02:29:55 PM »

Badlands:  This is a good goal to shoot for (no pun intended).  I'm going to have to get with SASS and change my alias from 'The Arapaho Kid" to "The Bottom of the Barrel Kid".  Every match I've shot in, so far, I won the coveted bottom the barrel position.  But.....I HAD FUN GETTIN' THERE!

That's the whole idea Kid... the FUN! 8)

Hell, iffn' i never even come close to bein' a champ, I'll have a great time tryin'! ;)

Badlands Walker

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2005, 02:31:32 PM »
That's a good goal.  ;) It will take me a bit longer to do that.   ::)

Slim

Well, way I got er' figured... all ya need is lots of practice & about $10,000 for ammo to get ya there! ;) :D

Book Miser

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2005, 02:35:13 PM »
Hey, Arapaho...the slower you shoot, the more time ya get to spend at the firin' line, having fun!

I notice I have moved up the ranking order from the bottom, but only because a few newbies have come in behind me. I'm down to where I generally miss no more than one per stage, but I'm still godawful slow. Oh, well.  ::)

Slim and BW, SASS rules allow you to shoot revolvers with adjustable sights in any age-based class (49er, junior, Senior, Elder Statesman). The only place you can't use them is in Classic Cowboy, Frontier Cartridge and related ones.

IMO, SASS needs to re-organize its shooting categories. If you look at the entire list of categories, there are far too many, and they are not mutually exclusive.

Badlands Walker

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2005, 02:40:21 PM »
Well, IMHO... there is really only three catagories! 8)

#1. Big Guns. - .40, .44, .45, rifles & shotguns, etc...

#2. Little Guns. - .22, .32, .36, rifles, etc...

#3. Black Powder. - All Types.

Other than these three, everythin' else is simply a waste of time! ;)

Offline Qball

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2005, 03:07:39 PM »
what do you meen ??? I only see two options, and they are combined into one
Big blackpowder guns
WartHog
SCORRS
SootLord
STORM

Badlands Walker

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2005, 03:21:53 PM »
what do you meen ??? I only see two options, and they are combined into one
Big blackpowder guns

Now, I included y'all in the black powder world!  After all, black powder was some of the first guns ever invented, unless ya count the bow & arrow! :D

Offline Qball

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2005, 03:32:10 PM »
Halelujaa ;)
WartHog
SCORRS
SootLord
STORM

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2005, 06:45:52 PM »

My scattergun is a Russian made Baikal.  8 pounds, double barrel, visable hammers and it kicks like a Mule!  I put 8 ounces of number 9 birdshot in the buttstock and when I shoot it, I wear a strap on recoil pad under my shirt.  I also shoot BP and it makes one helluva smoke cloud and it's great fun to shoot!

Badlands Walker

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2005, 06:48:14 PM »
Well Hell Kid, mine is Russion made as well.  Yep, mine kicks like a mule too! :o

Dang!  I hate that part! ;)

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2005, 11:05:03 PM »
Well Hell Kid, mine is Russion made as well.  Yep, mine kicks like a mule too! :o

Dang!  I hate that part! ;)

Badlands:  For a kicking scattergun there are several things you can do that don't cost.  Pull off your butt plate.  If there is a quarter sized hole in the stock....dump in about 6 to 8 ounces of #9 birdshot.  Don't fill it all the way up.  That shot has got to slop around in there a little.  Then put the butt plate back on.  The shot acts as a shock absorber.  2.  Use target ammo, trap and skeet loads.  3.  Find a strap on recoil pad and wear it under your shirt when you shoot.  4.  Use Black Powder loads.  If push comes to shove you can take it to a gun shop and have one of those recoil drvices installed.
I might add....Black Powder scattergun loads and a helluva lotta fun to shoot.  BP burns slower so there's less recoil with it and they make one helluva smoke cloud!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com