Author Topic: Shotgun Question  (Read 20532 times)

Badlands Walker

Shotgun Question
« on: August 02, 2005, 12:07:31 PM »
Bein' new to the world of shotguns, when I received my new Bounty Hunter II SxS 12 gauge, it came with a plastic insert that appears to go into the barrel??? :o

Now I know this is more n' likely a real dumb question, but... what's it for??? ???

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Re: Shotgun Question
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 12:10:35 PM »
In the breach or the muzzle?

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Badlands Walker

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 12:11:29 PM »
Sorry Slim, it's actually metal.  I'll get a pic & post it here real quick! ;)

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:37:17 AM »

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 12:17:41 PM »
Wooooweeee!  Badlands you can ask some real posers!  I'm going to hazard a guess that the insert has nothing to do with shooting.  I'd guess it was just a protection device that was placed in the gun for shipping?  My question on this is....is your scattergun a double barrel, or single?  Was there one of these divices in each barrel?  I'm guessing it's a sleeve to protect the bore?

Book Miser

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 12:17:58 PM »
it came with a plastic insert that appears to go into the barrel???

Mebbe this thing got put in the package by mistake. Y'know Badlands, lots of things will go into a shotgun barrel, but  the list of things that are supposed to is pretty short.  :D

Badlands Walker

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 12:19:52 PM »
OK Slim, here's a couple of pics!  It appears to be threaded as well & is definatley metal.  I'm sure the gun game with a book, but I cain't seem to locate it? ::)

It reads on the side of it: IC (0,25) Lead

Book Miser

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 12:22:03 PM »
It's a CHOKE !

"IC" stands for "improved cylinder," which means "just a little bit of choking."

Install that, and it'll tighten your shotgun pattern, and make it easier to miss the targets.  ;D

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 12:22:30 PM »
OK Slim, here's a couple of pics!  It appears to be threaded as well & is definatley metal.  I'm sure the gun game with a book, but I cain't seem to locate it? ::)

It reads on the side of it: IC (0,25) Lead

Chokes?

Badlands Walker

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 12:22:38 PM »
Wooooweeee!  Badlands you can ask some real posers!  I'm going to hazard a guess that the insert has nothing to do with shooting.  I'd guess it was just a protection device that was placed in the gun for shipping?  My question on this is....is your scattergun a double barrel, or single?  Was there one of these divices in each barrel?  I'm guessing it's a sleeve to protect the bore?

I don't have a clue pard?  It came in the box with a metal "T" lookin' thing as well. :o

Badlands Walker

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 12:24:43 PM »
OK, so fer' cowboy shootin', I need not concern myself with this object? :o :D

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2005, 12:27:15 PM »

I don't have a clue pard?  It came in the box with a metal "T" lookin' thing as well. :o

Here's another S.W.A.G. (Scientific Wild Assed Guess) from Arapaho.  The "T" device sounds like some sort of a special tool for working on the gun ??? ???

Badlands Walker

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2005, 12:31:22 PM »
There are two tiny slots on this "choke" thing & it appears as the "T" might fit that??? :o

This is my first shotgun ever pards, I ain't got a clue! ;)

Badlands Walker

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2005, 12:33:37 PM »
Now, when I was a little feller, my Dad would load his shotgun & just hand it to me.  That's my extent of shotgun knowledge. ;)

I won't tell the story of what happened when I shot my first shotgun as a little feller! :D

Badlands Walker

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2005, 12:36:58 PM »
So, iffn' I'm readin' y'all correctly, this "choke" thing goes into the end of the barrel to make the shot pattern smaller?  The confusion here is this!  It's a SxS double barrel 12 gauge, so why would they send only one? ???

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2005, 12:39:06 PM »
Here we go. It is a threaded choke tube that goes into the muzzle. There should be one in the muzzle of each barrel. One should be full choke and one modified choke. The EAA's come with three choke tubes, IC, M, and F. The T bar is to get the tubes out if ya can't unscrew them with your fingers. You should not tight the choke with the T bar, just your fingers. I would take out the full choke and put in the IC for CAS.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2005, 12:39:50 PM »
So, iffn' I'm readin' y'all correctly, this "choke" thing goes into the end of the barrel to make the shot pattern smaller?  The confusion here is this!  It's a SxS double barrel 12 gauge, so why would they send only one? ???

Badlands.......you gotta find the "Drivers Manual" for that scattergun!

Badlands Walker

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2005, 12:49:05 PM »

Badlands.......you gotta find the "Drivers Manual" for that scattergun!

I guess I may have to look one up on the internet.  I looked in the box & no manual? >:(

Badlands Walker

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2005, 12:52:01 PM »
Here we go. It is a threaded choke tube that goes into the muzzle. There should be one in the muzzle of each barrel. One should be full choke and one modified choke. The EAA's come with three choke tubes, IC, M, and F. The T bar is to get the tubes out if ya can't unscrew them with your fingers. You should not tight the choke with the T bar, just your fingers. I would take out the full choke and put in the IC for CAS.

Slim

Well, I'll be!  You was absolutely right Slim. ;)

I took a look at the ends of the barrel & sure enough, there was the other two!  I took out the "choke" marked "F" and put in the one I just showed ya! 8)

I sure do appreciate that pard!  I hate not knowin' what I'm doin' or lookin' stupid at a shoot! ;)  I owe ya one pard!

Badlands Walker

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2005, 12:55:42 PM »
Here's what I bought fer' shot, as recommended by a few pards!

Fer' CAS, I got: AA Light Target Load

Fer' protecttion at home, I got: #1 Lead Shot Loads

Sound about right? 8)

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2005, 12:58:34 PM »
Here's what I bought fer' shot, as recommended by a few pards!

Fer' CAS, I got: AA Light Target Load

Fer' protecttion at home, I got: #1 Lead Shot Loads

Sound about right? 8)
Sounds good.
Here is the link for the manual.
http://www.eaacorp.com/Manuals/IZH-43-Manual.PDF

BTW, I own two of these shotguns.

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com