Poll

We all have our preferences, so what length barrel do you sport?

Mines longer than 8"!!!
7 1/2" to 8"
5 3/4" to 7 3/8"
5 1/2"
4 3/4"
3 1/2"
I know length is no advantage, mines a snubbie!
I prefer two with different lengths.

Author Topic: THE barrel length for me?  (Read 12066 times)

Offline Mule Ear Mortensen

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: THE barrel length for me?
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 10:43:04 PM »
I would really love to see Ruger build N.M.V.'s  in 44-40 as well!
I won't hold my breath till they do though. ;D

I'm likewise saddened that they discontinued the 7 1/2" option. Nothing looks so cool on the firing line, if you ask me.
STORM # 360
HENRY # 145
SCORRS
RATS # 680

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 11:48:12 AM »
Yeti76620
Thanks for the welcome!
So you like your O.M.V. bisley's but would get the .45 SASS Vaquero if you could do it again (or were doing it today). I most want to know if that is because of the out-of-the-box nature of the SASS Vaq. or because of a preference for the plow handle grip

Mule Ear,

I would have to say that that it's about Ruger's in general and the SASS pair is equiped with ALL that I really desired as I matured  from first start but couldn't have because of the SASS rules of the time which have laxed, as well as, the "piece-work" time and extra expenses; however, action jobs still have to be performed to your personal taste.

Plowhandles are what I've always used but the Bisley's are very comfortable and quicker {IMHO} as Duelist/Gunfighter.  The checkered grips with LOWERED hammers are what is the Cat's Meow.... as I put the Super Blackhawk hammers ($45.00 ea) into my OMV w/ checkered rosewood grips ($65.00 ea) when the rule change came ....  The widened rear site not important to me right NOW...LOL

8) 8) 8)

NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Offline Mule Ear Mortensen

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 07:55:46 PM »
Good points Yeti76620.

I can follow that logic. I'm taking this that the grip bein comfortable in a one handed grasp add to the speed of the firing in duelist. That is my primary concern.
 ;D
STORM # 360
HENRY # 145
SCORRS
RATS # 680

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 12:04:36 AM »

Offline ZVP

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 03:06:58 PM »
 I lean towards longer barrels (6"-8") for target work but prefer a 4 1/2" or 4 5/8" for serious shooting and for the ease of the draw.  I just can't warm-up to the 5 1/2" for some reason?
 I shoot a Stainless .357 Ruger Vaquero with a 4 5/8" bbl and usually shoot .38's thru it but when out on the trail or woods i stoke it with FULL HOUSE .357's. If you need the revolver for serious work then pack serious ammo!
 ZVP

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com