Author Topic: Listen Up, Canuck Shiloh Owners!!!!  (Read 2661 times)

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Listen Up, Canuck Shiloh Owners!!!!
« on: May 25, 2011, 08:16:39 PM »
Recently I sent two Farmingdale-made locks to Shiloh for tuning and the breech block from a '63 for fitting of a new gas plate.
Kirk Bryant called and said he'd really prefer to have the complete rifles to work on. I whined about the hassle of shipping the complete rifles and he said he'd speak to a Canadian contact, Leo Bumphrey of Regina. Leo is known for his quality 'Boomer's' BPCR bullet moulds.
I called Leo and he is keen to do the work! Looks like we may have a Canadian 'smith to handle warranty/repair work for Canadian Shiloh owners.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Short Knife Johnson

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Listen Up, Canuck Shiloh Owners!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 11:11:17 PM »
Leo's been their Canadian connection for a while now.  Probably one of the nicest fellows I've ever met and heading down his way to shoot silhouette are the highlights of my year.  Makes the gruesome drive to Regina bearable.  ;D

You have a 100% guarantee of satisfaction. 

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 05:55:09 PM »
Good to hear! It's going to be a win-win for all concerned. Good on Shiloh for realizing the difiiculty faced by their Canadian customers living in an 'alien' country and for coming up with a solution.
I expect I'll be keeping Leo busy with a few things I've postponed over the years.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:32:02 PM »

Offline Garand

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 12:29:22 PM »
I really need to get more time with my Shilo Sharps, nothing ever seems to go wrong with it. But then it hasn't been to the range in 2 years either!
SASS # 93688
aka Dapper Dynamite Dick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com