Author Topic: I'm bored!  (Read 6870 times)

Offline Buck Stinson

• Top Active Citizen
    • Old West Reproductions, Inc.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I'm bored!
« on: April 27, 2011, 06:01:38 PM »
??????????????????Anyone home out their??????????????????????

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
Re: I'm bored!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 06:05:36 PM »
Buck, sit down and write a long post regading Winchesters.  I always find your posts interesting ;D

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline Cimarron

• North of the Cimarron River, I.T.
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 07:25:16 PM »
Come on down here to the Nations.  You can dodge tornados and tippy toe around flood waters with us.  ;D 
I agree that it seems like there has been very little activity on this forum lately.  I did get out to shoot a couple of weeks ago but it was .38's and .357's in my Python.  I've got another hundred rounds of .45-75 loaded and ready to go to the range as soon as the weather settles down a bit. 
HOLY BLACK?  YOU MUST BE TALKING ABOUT PENNSYLVANIA ANTHRACITE!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:25:27 PM »

Offline larryo_1

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 09:26:05 PM »
Well folks I was sort of wondering where everybody is my self.  I have done some shooting with my 45-75 as I have been playing with 4831 to see if I could get rid of those nasty unburned powder grains but gave up and went back to Swiss1½ using 76 grains under my Hoch custom 350 grain bullet.  I use the 16:1 alloy that I make myself.  Get the goodies from BACO.  My bullet lube is and has been for about 50 years a mix of 50/50 water pump grease and bees wax.  That alloy, by the way, was what was on most all the old shell boxes that I have seen so that is what I am using and what my rifle seems to like the best. ;D
When in doubt, mumble!
NRA Endowment member

Offline Grizzly Adams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 11:52:38 PM »
??????????????????Anyone home out their??????????????????????

We are here,Buck. :)  It has been a hard two weeks for me however! :o  My PC confuser took a head dive into the void, and I have been having to make do with a library connection. :(  All is well now, as I have a new confuser of the Apple persuasion, and hopefully we are back on line. :D  In any case, I will try to do my part! ;)

I don't have a clue as to what the "like" and the rest might be..........

GA what don't recognize much of this new "facebook" world........... :P
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran!
COMNAVFORV, NRA life, SASS Life, TG, STORM Rider #36.
GAF

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 169
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 06:01:11 AM »
Anybody ever here of a 45-80? WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline Joe Lansing

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 11:36:42 AM »
Wildman1,
    The 45-80 I think was the cartridge for the Springfield trapdoor long range rifle. It was simply a longer 45-70 (for more powder).
I think it was the same as 45-90 brass. The rifles can be identified by their 6 groove rifling instead of the standard 3 groove barrels.
These were issued to selected "top" shots for use when accurate long range fire was called for. Needless to say, these special rifles would also chamber and fire regular 45-70 ammo.

J.L.

Offline rustyrelx

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 11:37:25 AM »
which version? Theres the 2.1 loaded with 80 grains and a lite bullet or a 2 .4 version with a heavy bullet... Don and of course eith could be loaded with a paper patched bullet to get 80 grains.
SFC USA ret-2004
76Y,45B,45K,63H
GAF 716

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 169
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 08:56:19 PM »
Got one of them empty cases 45-80 also got some berdan primed 50 cal cases with no headstamp, and some bullets that were fired some without lube grooves and some with some very generous grooves. also one 45 cal rimfire case and a few revolver cartridge cases. WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline Buck Stinson

• Top Active Citizen
    • Old West Reproductions, Inc.
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 09:55:06 AM »
Wildman,
Lets see some pictures.

Offline Hobie

• Top Active Citizen
    • Shooting with Hobie
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 07:28:15 AM »
I went to the NRA Annual Meeting.  Home now.  Going to do more shooting if at all possible.  Need to take some photos as well and re-write my blog articles on the SRC and .45-75 with updated info.  I'm going to work now.   ;)
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson

Offline Icebox Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 04:20:32 PM »
I went to the NRA Annual Meeting.  Home now.  Going to do more shooting if at all possible.  Need to take some photos as well and re-write my blog articles on the SRC and .45-75 with updated info.  I'm going to work now.   ;)

Looking forward to your updated .45-75 info.

Well.... see, if you take your time, you get a more harmonious outcome.

Offline Hobie

• Top Active Citizen
    • Shooting with Hobie
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 07:15:26 AM »
Looking forward to your updated .45-75 info.

I don't know that there will be many real changes except a few in data, but I do want to make the major article more complete. 
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson

Offline rustyrelx

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 01:38:00 PM »
I'm looking for the new data also..
SFC USA ret-2004
76Y,45B,45K,63H
GAF 716

Offline john boy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 04:16:22 PM »
I dragged my 45-75 out of the safe for our club's 1st Lever Action Silhouette Match.  Shot deplorably poor but was within inches of each missed target.  Came home and reviewed the foresight to vernier alignment.  No wonder I missed so many!  Any way, had a real good time and many new shooters showed up.  Now, if I can only get the Club to hold BPCR Silhouette matches - been trying for 4 years but too many nitro powder folks 
Regards
SHOTS Master John Boy

WartHog ...
Brevet 1st Lt, Scout Company, Department of the Atlantic
SASS  ~  SCORRS ~ OGB with Star

Devote Convert to BPCR

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com