Author Topic: Uberti Cattleman  (Read 5487 times)

Offline rbgfishboy

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Uberti Cattleman
« on: April 08, 2011, 04:42:26 PM »
OK, here I go again. I know you folks think this new guy is a little wacked  ::), but I have to ask for more opinions. I'm inches away from buying a SAA clone in .357, and I've looked at Uberti, Heritage, EAA, and Ruger. I know pretty well what most of you will have to say about Ruger, but I am likely to buy one of the other three, since I can't seem to find a Vaquero that I like (sorry, but that one is hard for me to explain). What I want to know is the good and bad for Uberti, Heritage, and EAA. I've reserched these in the last couple of weeks and I've read a fair amount about them, and the most negative has been about Uberti, which has surpised me. I even owned an EAA about 10 years ago, which did great (why I sold it, I don't know). Anyway, I'm just looking for opinions and experiences with those three I listed. I have one of each of these guns at three local shops between $379 and $460, so the prices are not very far apart. By the way, I don't CAS, I just shoot for fun, so none of these guns will be worked hard at all. Sorry to be some long in the tooth. Thanks in advance for your replies!

Offline joec

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Uberti Cattleman
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 05:59:49 PM »
I owned a real colt 40 years ago as well as a Ruger. I now own a 3rd hand ASM which is no longer made and a new Uberti Cattleman. Now all of mine where or are in 45LC and to be honest their isn't a nickles worth of difference between them all in function. The two I currently own I bought because I can't afford the colts anymore but have shot both my ASM and Uberti just fine. Both are equally accurate and as good if not better than most other pistols I've owned through the years. My only complaint with the Uberti was I actually had to buy a tool to remove the cylinder pin as it is a real tight fit to start with but is losing up the more I shot it. Uberti probably has more complaints because they build more and supply more to others to their specs than others. But that is just my personal opinion.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Offline sack peterson

• Very Active Citizen
    • Stag Grips
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 07:27:40 PM »
You will not have a bad experience buying a Uberti revolver.  They are a known quantity, they make good stuff at various price points.  Their actions are not very smooth on new guns (IMHO).

I'd have no qualms about buying Heritages Big Bore.  Its built with Pietta made parts.  The Pietta build SAA has a good reputation.  I think the Herritage has a transfer bar.  Ive heard it works well.

Rugers are Rugers.

I think the EAA is fine, but of the 4 its the least appealing.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:49:37 PM »

Offline petrinal

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 07:47:13 AM »
You will not have a bad experience buying a Uberti revolver.  They are a known quantity, they make good stuff at various price points.  Their actions are not very smooth on new guns (IMHO).

I'd have no qualms about buying Heritages Big Bore.  Its built with Pietta made parts.  The Pietta build SAA has a good reputation.  I think the Herritage has a transfer bar.  Ive heard it works well.

Rugers are Rugers.

I think the EAA is fine, but of the 4 its the least appealing.

the EAA is however one of the most accurate, and has a great german bluing and great casehardening, and german steel.

the blueing is the same you find in all german industrial goods......deep, serious, strong...perfect in bright.

all the best

Offline Big T

• Big "T"
  • Top Active Citizen
  • www.tbarkcustomknives.com
    • T bar K Custom Knives
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 07:17:57 AM »
I own 4 of the uberti guns an well satified with them , if you do the spring change action job they are just as smooth as any on the market , my thunderer right out of the box was so slick i never changed the springs ,only did some light polishing inside they make nice solid clicks when cocking it that sound as good as any colt I have ,t
Tank & Kathy ,T bar k Custom knives

God Bless All to their Own Standards Accordingly thru Jesus Christ !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com