Author Topic: Hotels for the National Shoot in June at Westside Sportsmans Club  (Read 16141 times)

Offline Snakebite

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Texas Jack told me some people are having some problems getting a room as there is a large Jehovahs Witness gathering the same weekend in Evansville
The two hotels closest to the club are

Holiday Inn Express
5737 Pearl Dr
812-421-9773

Fairfield Inn
5400 Weston Rd
812-429-0900

Here are a couple of Motels in Mt Vernon IN that is about 30-35 minutes west of the club in a smaller town

Four Seasons Motel
Highway 62 W
800-264-1405

Mt Vernon Inn
6225 Hwy 69 S
812-838-8888

Here is a link to more Hotel Listings for Evansville Indiana
http://www.hotelplanner.com/Hotels/3765-in-Evansville-IN.html

The club address

1000 N Peerless Rd
Evansville, IN 47712-2936
Hopes this helps some

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
Re: Hotels for the National Shoot in June at Westside Sportsmans Club
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 11:04:55 AM »
Thanks for posting this Snakebite.

I made some calls:

Holiday inn only has a few smoking rooms left (as of yesterday).  The agent said all non-smoking rooms are booked.

Fairfield Inn only has "executive suites " left (they are non smoking).  The suites were $129/night.

Four Seasons Motel in Mt. Vernon has many rooms open for our dates.

NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 11:55:01 AM »
First want to thank Snskebite(Irv) for posting the motels.
Went ahead and got a room at Holiday Inn Express, had to get a smoking room though. Did this once before, got some spray from a local smoke shop here. Will spray the room down and burn some candles.  Dodge Boy and I will shoot through Monday and Tuesday, swap rides and stay at home. Wait and come back and work Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, staying over at the motel. Did get to talk to Duke Henry, his computer has been down and he has been working two jobs(boy). He says he has worked over the stages that John Lay wrote and will be getting the booklet printed soon. Should have around 10 side matches. It's coming together, can't wait to ride with The James Gang. My mother in law was a James. We have tried to keep our kids away from the Russelville, KY bank. Don't want that outlaw blood coming out. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Advertising

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 01:47:23 PM »
TJ:

How long does it take to get from Owensboro to the Range.  There is a RV park down there and we are contemplating bringing the 5th Wheel.

T-Joe
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 01:59:02 PM »
T-Joe, It is about an hour from Owensboro to Evansville. Think there are RV parks closer though. Check Henderson, KY it's just across the river from Evansville. A Kentucky State Park at Henderson located just across the bridge. John James Audubon park. Try the Henderson Travel Information Center 1-800-648-3128. If you stay there can give you driving directions to West Side that will save you some time. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline J.D. Goodguy

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 08:20:10 PM »
Joe, there are 2 campgrounds in Evansville, near the range.  There is also free camping at the range if you wish.  No electric hookups but there is a water faucet to fill your tanks.  Do a search on the web for campgrounds near Evansville to get the contact info for the campgrounds.  The two on the west side of Evansville are Rocky Falls Campground & RV Park.   812-985-9100 or 812-985-0987.  Burdette Park 812-435-5602.  Check these out.              JIM

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 02:35:35 AM »
Just Thinkin' Outa The Box,

If rooms are a problem, why not pay for a local shooter's ammo and fees by renting a room from him?

In addition to getting a nice room, if one wanted they could share rides and possibly gain a new shooting friend ....

If all the hotels are full, I would connect with the local SASS honchos and see if theur are any pards renting out rooms ...
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 05:23:54 AM »
Just Thinkin' Outa The Box,

If rooms are a problem, why not pay for a local shooter's ammo and fees by renting a room from him?

In addition to getting a nice room, if one wanted they could share rides and possibly gain a new shooting friend ....

If all the hotels are full, I would connect with the local SASS honchos and see if theur are any pards renting out rooms ...

This is the National NCOWS match, but who knows, there may be some friendly SASS people that would want to rent out rooms.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 09:07:59 AM »
Fellows, As many motel that are in the area, still don't think it will be a problem to find a room. Tj

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 09:36:16 PM »
I spent 20 years as a crewmember in the AF.

I normally had the choice of watching the 32 replay of Smokey and the Bandit on some unknown satellite in a barely focused TV, sitting in the broken down bed where travelers immemorial sat and watched the same stupid TV movie on the same broken down bed .... Or, I could anesthetize myself in the bar where the two piece band is doing Creedance Clearwater badly ... or join the pervs in the lobby.

No thank you ... I would rather pass on the whole experience and get a Bed and Breakfast room or stay with friends ... or make new ones ...
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 360
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 10:39:13 PM »
Fellows, As many motel that are in the area, still don't think it will be a problem to find a room. Tj

This is true, we checked yesterday and there are rooms available all over town from cheap to fancy. I wouldn't wait too long though.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 07:53:02 PM »
Howdy
The Holiday Inn Express has rooms . How many people need rooms ? I called them tonight . Will get the price tomorrow . If you need a room call call 1-812-838-8888 .

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 07:01:39 AM »
Rowdy,  Just in case you didnt realize, this is a thread from last year.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 02:54:39 PM »
Howdy
The Holiday Inn Express has rooms . How many people need rooms ? I called them tonight . Will get the price tomorrow . If you need a room call call 1-812-838-8888 .

Roudy, is that where we stayed a couple of years ago by Applebies?

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 03:12:01 PM »
Will and all, I have started a new post on this. I am working on a discount on the rates. Yes this is the hotel we stayed at  before, the one with the great breakfast. Don't know about the telephone number Rowdy posted the number I talked to them was 812-421-9773. If you would give me a while to try and get the discount.. You will see my new post. Tj

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 06:54:55 PM »
Howdy
The Holiday Inn is $79 for a single and $83.95 for a double . This is the Discounted price . Make sure you tell them you are with the National Shoot . Also to get the Discount you have to call before May 4 . after that the Rooms are released from our Block .
    call 1-812-421-9773

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 08:44:10 PM »
Howdy
The 2013 National Shoot will be here before you know it . The rooms at the Holiday Express is $84.95 a night . Tell them you are with the National Shoot and they will take care of you . We have a block of Rooms .

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 09:24:32 PM »
Howdy
The 2013 National Shoot will be here before you know it . The rooms at the Holiday Express is $84.95 a night . Tell them you are with the National Shoot and they will take care of you . We have a block of Rooms .

The bulk of our Texians will again stay at the Four Seasons in Mt. Vernon.  This will be the 4th year we've stayed there.  It's clean, reasonable and nicely run.   
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 09:28:35 PM »
Rowdy, thanks for getting the motel rooms. That would be Holiday Inn Express. I like staying there. It is so close to the range and has one of the best free breakfast  I've eaten. Tj

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 09:29:47 AM »
Howdy
The  rate is $89.95 a night at The Holiday Inn Express . Just got off the Phone with them . call 1-812-421-9773 .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com