Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2015, 06:57:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  NCOWS (Moderators: Will Ketchum, St. George)  |  Topic: 2014 Convention 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014 Convention  (Read 17928 times)
R.T. Rangebum
NCOWS
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2014, 02:16:24 pm »

Well Folks,

We've had a little misunderstanding here within the club. We thought that we had included the shoot information in the info packets being sent to those that have registered for the Convention but, we were mistaken. Sorry for the mix-up. Here is the pertinent info:

We will start with the safety meeting at HIGH NOON.  The shooting will commence after we have gone through our rules at the Outlaw Range.  We will use all the recognized NCOWS shooting categories.  Since this is not a state, regional or national shoot, we will use the  rules we follow at our regular monthly shoots.  Some of you have asked if the shooting fee is waived if this is the first time you have shot on our range.  That is something we do to welcome new shooters for our regular monthly shoots.  We consider this a special shoot and we do not have that policy for special shoots.  However, if you ever come to our monthly shoot we will be more than happy to allow you that courtesy in the future.  We will be shooting SIX stages.  If weather is an issue, that may change with a vote of the participants at the discretion of the CRO.  Certificates will be given for the top category winner in their registration packet at the Convention check-in on Friday.  Results will be placed in the convention packet also.

If you have not sent in your application yet, but you have decided to shoot, please let us know so that we can count you in as we plan the shoot.  You can pay your $10 for the shoot and application on March 27th.  It will just slow us down to start the shoot on the 27th if we have people show up we are not expecting.  Thank you in advance for helping us out by letting us know.

AMMO COUNT(if you are planning on shooting 2 pistols, rifle and shotgun.  If you are shooting with fewer firearms you will need less ammo):

60 pistol

60 rifle

1 box of shotgun shells

Working Cowboy will have 2 stages where they must reload

Respectfully submitted,

R.T. Rangebum
Major 2
"Still running against the wind" AKA "Major Smudge"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

NCOWS Senator * Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2014, 04:25:31 pm »

I'll ask the same question, as I did in my thread

Working Cowboy will have 2 stages where they must reload

Whats being re-loaded ,  and how many rounds each?

My pistol & Rifle are different calibers
Will Ketchum
Chief of Detectives
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Pete Ersland

« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2014, 03:12:32 pm »

Can anyone tell me approximately the Ramada Plaza is?   My GPS needs updating and I really don't want the expense right now, but then again I want it to be able to locate the hotel Wink  I'm not too concerned about road changes since I do have the Google Map driving instructions.

Will Ketchum

Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI
Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2014, 03:42:57 pm »

Pete, You get off at the Glenstone exit and go south. The Hotel should be on the left, as you go south.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Fingers McGee
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

Smoke & Fire

« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2014, 10:54:06 pm »

Is there a published schedule of events available ??

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - LTG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers; Moniteau Creek River Raiders, The Ozarks Posse, Butterfield Trail Cowboys
NRA Endowment Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce
OklaTom
NCOWS Secretary, NCOWS Life 172, GAF 719, SASS 73114, NRA Life, TSRA, Berger Sharp Shooters, Blue River Regulators, Kansas Vigilance Committee
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Oklahoma Tom

« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2014, 07:18:10 am »

Is there a published schedule of events available ??

http://www.doublemcowboys.com/wp-content/uploads/NCOWS-Information-packet.pdf

"I druther have a pocket full of rocks than an empty gun..."

OklaTom@att.net

Fingers McGee
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

Smoke & Fire

« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2014, 12:03:21 pm »

THX

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - LTG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers; Moniteau Creek River Raiders, The Ozarks Posse, Butterfield Trail Cowboys
NRA Endowment Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce
R.T. Rangebum
NCOWS
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2014, 03:19:41 pm »

Major Two,

So very sorry for the confusion, there will be two (2) pistol (revolver) reloads in the course of the six stage match for the Working Cowboy / Cowgirl category. That will make the pistol (revolver) round count for the Working Cowboy / Cowgirl category, forty (40) rounds.

Rangebum
Major 2
"Still running against the wind" AKA "Major Smudge"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

NCOWS Senator * Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2014, 06:00:57 pm »

The confusion was mine .... I miss read it  Undecided

bear tooth billy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2014, 05:34:07 pm »

Is there a list of seminars out yet, I believe I will be doing one on reloading for the long range buffalo gun
on Sat. but I have not seen a list of other seminars. It's been a long winter here and I'm very much
looking forward to seeing my NCOWS friends. We should be arriving mid-late afternoon Thurs.

BTB
OklaTom
NCOWS Secretary, NCOWS Life 172, GAF 719, SASS 73114, NRA Life, TSRA, Berger Sharp Shooters, Blue River Regulators, Kansas Vigilance Committee
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Oklahoma Tom

« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2014, 06:42:17 pm »

Is there a list of seminars out yet, I believe I will be doing one on reloading for the long range buffalo gun
on Sat. but I have not seen a list of other seminars. It's been a long winter here and I'm very much
looking forward to seeing my NCOWS friends. We should be arriving mid-late afternoon Thurs.

BTB

Look here:
http://www.ncows.org/resources/pdfs/conv-program.pdf

OklaTom@att.net

Tjackstephens
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2014, 12:20:11 pm »

I regret I will not be able to make the Convention this year. I had the nerves in my lower back left side burned last week and the right side last month. That's three places on each side. That's what keep me going, but it takes a while to fully kick in. It's just too far to travel right now and I don't fly. Will sure miss seeing so many of you and the good times we have. At the taster's meeting lift a shot of rye for me. Hope to see many of you at the National. To the club that is holding their first Convention I wish you the best. Hope to make it next year. Tj  Jim 'Texas Jack' Stephens

Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.
Will Ketchum
Chief of Detectives
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Pete Ersland

« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2014, 12:39:00 pm »

I regret I will not be able to make the Convention this year. I had the nerves in my lower back left side burned last week and the right side last month. That's three places on each side. That's what keep me going, but it takes a while to fully kick in. It's just too far to travel right now and I don't fly. Will sure miss seeing so many of you and the good times we have. At the taster's meeting lift a shot of rye for me. Hope to see many of you at the National. To the club that is holding their first Convention I wish you the best. Hope to make it next year. Tj  Jim 'Texas Jack' Stephens

I volunteer to be the official drinker for Texas Jack!  Smiley

Will Ketchum

Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI
Tjackstephens
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2014, 03:58:41 pm »

Thank you Will. there is always a good man to take up the slack. Tj Cheesy

Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.
Trap
NCOWS
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

John Torrence

« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2014, 09:02:14 pm »

will miss you

Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688
Cole Bluesteele
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2014, 09:45:15 pm »

TJ

We'll miss you.  From the SEC, "Roll Tide."

Ted
rdstrain49
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2014, 09:49:01 am »

Will there be some place to clean weapons at the range after the shoot?
R.T. Rangebum
NCOWS
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2014, 12:04:57 pm »

Howdy Cowboys and Cowgirls,

Just wanted to post the street address for the Range here, for those who are coming to the Shoot and use a GPS device.

333 Hardwood Rd, Marshfield, MO 65706

Rangebum
OklaTom
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Oklahoma Tom

« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2014, 10:04:39 am »

Here's my traveling group - Tom Dunphy, Angel Rhodes and Billy Fred O'Reilly

* Conv 2015 Banquet001.jpg (380.78 KB, 877x1125 - viewed 128 times.)

OklaTom@att.net

Tascosa Joe
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2014, 11:00:31 am »

Other than Angel, the group looks like a bunch of shysters and gyp artists.  LOL

NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life,
OklaTom
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Oklahoma Tom

« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2014, 11:59:39 am »

Other than Angel, the group looks like a bunch of shysters and gyp artists.  LOL

Nailed it...

OklaTom@att.net

JohnsonBarr
NCOWS
Very Active Citizen

Shoot fast, don't miss.

« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2014, 01:09:09 pm »

For meself I'd say I resemble dat fact. Care ta cut da cards, wouldja now boyo.  -BF O'Reilly

NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS Life, Texas Peacemakers, Berger Sharpshooters
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  NCOWS (Moderators: Will Ketchum, St. George)  |  Topic: 2014 Convention « previous next »
Jump to: